FedEx Freight | Y'all Keep Up The Good Work!!! ;-)

Stringbender

TB Lurker
Credits
The way things are going over here at YRC and our retirement, I'm going to need my little retirement check from FedEx Corp. Good luck to all. :-)

You know, String, we can always set up our own pension plan. Has that already been mentioned???? 200 times???? Oh.

It would be nice in certain areas if we made a competitive wage that kept up with cost of living so we could set up one of those wonderful pension plans.

The way things are going over here at YRC and our retirement, I'm going to need my little retirement check from FedEx Corp. Good luck to all. :-)

The pension is weak cause these fedex guys are making union wages without skin in the game. If some of these guys wake up and stop taking the abuse and become Teamsters, these companies will have to share the profits with the people who generated the profits. More Teamsters=More Bargaining Power

The pension is weak cause these fedex guys are making union wages without skin in the game. If some of these guys wake up and stop taking the abuse and become Teamsters, these companies will have to share the profits with the people who generated the profits. More Teamsters=More Bargaining Power
You mean start taking abuse from their own Union, paying for their extravagant lifestyles, bail money for local Presidents, more corruption, etc, etc. What a joke.

You act like you work in LTL. You don't.

And your point? A persons job has nothing to do with their ability to make an observation. Just curious, are you going to respond or just bellyache some more then be afraid to respond due to your lack of ability to engage in a debate?

Like YRC does? James Hoffa Jr. doesn't care about union members or the union pension. He bends over whenever a company asks him to. The Teamsters are nothing without a leadership that's willing to stand up for them, and right now that's not what's happening.

Patch the gaping hole in your ship before inviting others aboard. They might come more willingly if they don't think you're sinking.

Like YRC does? James Hoffa Jr. doesn't care about union members or the union pension. He bends over whenever a company asks him to. The Teamsters are nothing without a leadership that's willing to stand up for them, and right now that's not what's happening.

Patch the gaping hole in your ship before inviting others aboard. They might come more willingly if they don't think you're sinking.

You make a point..However, my pension is fully funded, I work for Brown. As for Hoffa, he'll soon be gone, and we'll elect a new leader. As for you guys, what do you have beyond a sturdy pair of knee pads and the ability to grovel? The answer of course is that you have NOBODY!! Join the Teamster Brotherhood and make the union stronger. More Teamsters=More Bargaining Power

You make a point..However, my pension is fully funded, I work for Brown. As for Hoffa, he'll soon be gone, and we'll elect a new leader. As for you guys, what do you have beyond a sturdy pair of knee pads and the ability to grovel? The answer of course is that you have NOBODY!! Join the Teamster Brotherhood and make the union stronger. More Teamsters=More Bargaining Power
No knee pads here. I have me, myself and I, and I've never needed anyone to watch over me. If I don't like the way a company treats me, I find a company that treats me better. It's just that simple.

Why the hell would anyone want to work for a company that requires union protection? If the management is really treating you so poorly, the union isn't going to change their attitude. All it's going to do is make them find other ways to crap on you. A :shit:ty company is a :shit:ty company, union or not.

No knee pads here. I have me, myself and I, and I've never needed anyone to watch over me. If I don't like the way a company treats me, I find a company that treats me better. It's just that simple.

Why the hell would anyone want to work for a company that requires union protection? If the management is really treating you so poorly, the union isn't going to change their attitude. All it's going to do is make them find other ways to crap on you. A :shit:ty company is a :shit:ty company, union or not.

Teamsters set the standard for wages and benefits, therefore you've benefitted from the Teamsters without any skin in the game. So don't give me that boot straps garbage. Teamsters don't change lousy management attitudes, they protect you from them. Yeah...why would anyone want to be a UPS Teamster with good benefits and a nice pension.. Sounds like you couldn't make the cut there cupcake, now you're bitter-resentful & jealous. :(

Teamsters set the standard for wages and benefits, therefore you've benefitted from the Teamsters without any skin in the game. So don't give me that boot straps garbage. Teamsters don't change lousy management attitudes, they protect you from them. Yeah...why would anyone want to be a UPS Teamster with good benefits and a nice pension.. Sounds like you couldn't make the cut there cupcake, now you're bitter-resentful & jealous. :(
The only Teamster carriers in Canada, UPS included, fall far from setting the standard here. YRC Reimer is CAW/Unifor and is the only union carrier that pays more than I already make, and their benefits aren't much to speak of.

I don't know what UPS pays feeders here (UPSF contracts with Canada Cartage, a nonunion bottomfeeder carrier) because I have never seen the job available. But I know both FedEx and Purolator pay the couriers better. And other Teamster LTL's such as Canadian Freightways/Kingsway and TST Overland Express (all owned by TransForce) do little more than P&D themselves in my area. Linehaul is contracted out.

I'm not bitter and resentful, friend. The Teamsters don't appear to be doing their Canadian members any justice. What kind of union contract allows PT to take over linehaul? And who votes yes to that?

And to finish this off, since we're talking about bad management and how the union supposedly protects you from it...why have the Teamsters neglected Central Transport? Why are there not any union representatives in CT parking lots, convincing those poor drivers to stand against the awful management there? CT is a bottomfeeder, but only because the management won't spend a dime more than needed! If ANYONE needs union protection because of poor treatment by elitist management, it's the drivers of Central Transport.