Yellow | Yardgoat or Something Else...

JimmyB

TB Lurker
Credits
So, is this Yellow RNE's new yardgoat, or as you easterners might call it a switcher?

Well, I'm thinking no! It's a museum quality restoration of one of Yellow's Kenworth CBE tractors that was first introduced in 1955 to the company's operations maybe? Certainly a real find for the dockmen yesterday morning. Wonder if any of them knew just what it was?

An absolute great surprise for this city driver who didn't at first, it wasn't until hours later, understand that it was a piece of history from Yellow's past. I like working for a company with traditions and history, not to many around these days.

What-is-it-1.jpg

Hope they have it on the ground and ready to go tomorrow so I can get some proper photos and really see if it's what I think it is, a KW CBE...

And yes, I'm a recently enrolled member of the American Truck Historical Society

Jimmy B

WHO CARES, GET A LIFE, YOU KNOW ONE WITH CHILDREN AND A WIFE. HOW EMBARRASSING THIS POST IS FOR A TEAMSTER. SOUNDS LIKE TO ME YOU SHOULD PUT A TIE ON. HOW OLD ARE YOU 4 YEARS OLD? IT IS A STUPID TRUCK, PLEASE DO SOMETHING MORE WITH YOUR LIFE. NO ONE CARES.:tongue0002::eck15::puke::thread:

WHO CARES, GET A LIFE, YOU KNOW ONE WITH CHILDREN AND A WIFE. HOW EMBARRASSING THIS POST IS FOR A TEAMSTER. SOUNDS LIKE TO ME YOU SHOULD PUT A TIE ON. HOW OLD ARE YOU 4 YEARS OLD? IT IS A STUPID TRUCK, PLEASE DO SOMETHING MORE WITH YOUR LIFE. NO ONE CARES.

Oh, I guess you don't approve...I really don't care!:butt kiss:

Jimmy B

WHO CARES, GET A LIFE, YOU KNOW ONE WITH CHILDREN AND A WIFE. HOW EMBARRASSING THIS POST IS FOR A TEAMSTER. SOUNDS LIKE TO ME YOU SHOULD PUT A TIE ON. HOW OLD ARE YOU 4 YEARS OLD? IT IS A STUPID TRUCK, PLEASE DO SOMETHING MORE WITH YOUR LIFE. NO ONE CARES.:tongue0002::eck15::puke::thread:

your an idiot

jimmy b by the curves of the metal and the screen in the back it sure looks like a cbe to me.post pics when they get it out

Stroud120

Its time for YOU to update your Metallica symbol, and then you should get a life. Its nice to read that there are EMPLOYEES for Yellow who care about the past. You should read Yellows 75th Anniversary book- LEGENDS AND LEGACY.:chairshot:

that is a jockey wagon??? If so, man it's small

No, its not a "jockey wagon," out here we call it a "yardgoat." It was a line tractor. I was told today it's a 1953 Mack, but I'm thinking its a 1955 KW CBE.

Jimmy B

jimmy b by the curves of the metal and the screen in the back it sure looks like a cbe to me.post pics when they get it out

They said that they'd call me when it gets unloaded, hopefully I'll get a chance to photograph it before it heads to the National Auto Museum here in Reno.

Jimmy B

WHO CARES, GET A LIFE, YOU KNOW ONE WITH CHILDREN AND A WIFE. HOW EMBARRASSING THIS POST IS FOR A TEAMSTER. SOUNDS LIKE TO ME YOU SHOULD PUT A TIE ON. HOW OLD ARE YOU 4 YEARS OLD? IT IS A STUPID TRUCK, PLEASE DO SOMETHING MORE WITH YOUR LIFE. NO ONE CARES.

What a totally ignorant post!

Congratulations to Jimmy B for posting something interesting and historic about the company. :1036316054:

We're not all so pathetically bitter. It's you that might be an embarrassment to most decent Teamsters!

Running ?

I wonder if it runs or are they having a vendor do the final set up on this.
How about a trailer number so we can have a look and see as it comes through.
As a few of you know the West is the dumping grounds for a lot of worn out equipment from under the YRCW umbrella. Just give it a fresh coat of paint never mind the insides and its road worthy. The new driver will clean out the axle grease and personal effects of the person that had this junk before.
Years ago SLC sent out its finest yard goats to RNE they should have been sent to the crusher. Good luck with the new trucks out their. As of today 8-29-2008 I no longer have any tie to this wonderful company its sure nice to wake up RETIRED.

I will get reading Legacy and Legends, when all of you get done bragging about how wonderful yrc is. I was just stating it is a STUPID yardgoat. Lets see how much PRIDE the "COMPANY" takes in their employees. Why don't you tell the guys that this company has screwed, to read that book. Where is the pride the company takes in us. You are nothing but a number, and I am sure the BIG BAD TEAMSTERS:hissyfit: that have ganged up on me, are all in the bracket where they could of retired and should of. But you know how it goes if it does not effect you, who cares. Lets see how much pride you have, step aside and give someone elese a chance. You could all get togther and talk about how great the legends and legacy of yrc at your shuffle board game.:gathering: Sounds to me like a bunch of company MEASTERS.:eck15::puke:

I will get reading Legacy and Legends, when all of you get done bragging about how wonderful yrc is. I was just stating it is a STUPID yardgoat. Lets see how much PRIDE the "COMPANY" takes in their employees. Why don't you tell the guys that this company has screwed, to read that book. Where is the pride the company takes in us. You are nothing but a number, and I am sure the BIG BAD TEAMSTERS:hissyfit: that have ganged up on me, are all in the bracket where they could of retired and should of. But you know how it goes if it does not effect you, who cares. Lets see how much pride you have, step aside and give someone elese a chance. You could all get togther and talk about how great the legends and legacy of yrc at your shuffle board game.:gathering: Sounds to me like a bunch of company MEASTERS.:eck15::puke:
I was going to berate you but I can see that you are a waste of my time or anyone else's here.

Say what you want the only person that gets in trouble for there posts here is me. Man up and say what you got to say, but I may reply, the whole freedom of speech thing is good but I have to watch what I say or I am hurting someones feelings. I willl be banned or points taken away. Everyone is so sensistive on this board,:hide: BIG SCARRY TEAMSTERS that we all are. I speak the truth of how this company has treated me and my fellow workers. Don't you see this is why the company gets away with what they do. No one has a back bone and everyones FEELINGS get hurt so easy. :tongue0002::eck15::puke:

Say what you want the only person that gets in trouble for there posts here is me. Man up and say what you got to say, but I may reply, the whole freedom of speech thing is good but I have to watch what I say or I am hurting someones feelings. I willl be banned or points taken away. Everyone is so sensistive on this board,:hide: BIG SCARRY TEAMSTERS that we all are. I speak the truth of how this company has treated me and my fellow workers. Don't you see this is why the company gets away with what they do. No one has a back bone and everyones FEELINGS get hurt so easy. :tongue0002::eck15::puke:

It must be tough being you. You get picked on unfairly everywhere you go. At work and now even on the internet. Never your fault, it's always someone else's flaw that is making you unhappy.

So, is this Yellow RNE's new yardgoat, or as you easterners might call it a switcher?

Well, I'm thinking no! It's a museum quality restoration of one of Yellow's Kenworth CBE tractors that was first introduced in 1955 to the company's operations maybe? Certainly a real find for the dockmen yesterday morning. Wonder if any of them knew just what it was?

An absolute great surprise for this city driver who didn't at first, it wasn't until hours later, understand that it was a piece of history from Yellow's past. I like working for a company with traditions and history, not to many around these days.

What-is-it-1.jpg

Hope they have it on the ground and ready to go tomorrow so I can get some proper photos and really see if it's what I think it is, a KW CBE...

And yes, I'm a recently enrolled member of the American Truck Historical Society

Jimmy B

I say it is the 1955 "Telephone Booth" KW. Note it has a number of 2001. The numbers went up as far as 2189 as proof of the picture on page 86 of the "Legends & Legacy" book that Yellow published..OR, look at page 69 of the KW Hiostory book on the below link.......KK
Kenworth: The First 75 Years - Google Book Search

I was a little shocked at first at how much of a jackass this person is, until I read that you are from the northeast, that explained it all! I guess being a miserable lowlife is the norm there!

Mean spirited posts will not be tolerated. Cut the crap !!!
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/misc.php?do=cfrules