Yellow | Yardgoat or Something Else...

THANKS Jimmy B !!!!

Great post & pics !!! I am a "big truck nut" always have been .

I really enjoyed the fotos & will be watching for anything else you have to add !!:1036316054:

What is really hard to belive is that KW had a sleeper version of this tractor too !!! Man , those are some unusual trucks !

I'm glad that some enjoyed the photos. Will post more photos and information as it becomes available.

Jimmy B

Hey Jimmy could you post those pictures on Hanks Truck pictures so we all can enjoy them. Thanks alot for the photos, They turned out great what a cool looking truck.

Great work..........Jimmy B! Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see how it was done, years ago. We really don't know how good we got it. DS.

Ok great its a truck. I wish everyone took this much interest in our contract or when management is beating up one of "OUR BROTHERS". But you know thinking about how great a truck is and how cool it is, must be more important. How about what we can do to help our fellow teamster at your terminals. How about getting this excited over your next UNION meeting and the issuses that are happening at your terminal. How about posting some pictures of management when they are beating up one of our fellow brothers for something stupid. How about posting some nice pictures of wheel seals that the garage says it will make it one more trip.:thumbsdown::eck15::puke::tongue0002:

Ok great its a truck. I wish everyone took this much interest in our contract or when management is beating up one of "OUR BROTHERS". But you know thinking about how great a truck is and how cool it is, must be more important. How about what we can do to help our fellow teamster at your terminals. How about getting this excited over your next UNION meeting and the issuses that are happening at your terminal. How about posting some pictures of management when they are beating up one of our fellow brothers for something stupid. How about posting some nice pictures of wheel seals that the garage says it will make it one more trip.:thumbsdown::eck15::puke::tongue0002:

I live a multi-faceted life, in other words I wear many different hats as I walk through life. I have my husband hat, grandfather hat, friend hat, union hat, work hat, political hat and so-on, and even my hobby hat. Isn't it great to have a job that pays enough so there is money left over for a hobby, thank you Teamsters and Yellow. This makes it possible to have a full and rewarding life in my eyes. I've been driving since 1970, I like what I do most of the time. The truck history thing is my hobby, so I was thinking there might be other folks that may have a passing interest in the hardware. So, when I get the opportunity to share, I do. I think a thread like this doesn't interfere with my rank and file responsibilities.

That doesn't mean that when needed I don't put on the union hat. I'm a good and loyal rank and file member of the Teamsters, I'm politically active on behalf of the Union, I certainly let political campaigns know that I'm helping them because they've been endorsed by the Teamsters. When I donate money, I always do it in person, and I always let them know I'm a Teamster. I'm signed up for the Teamster alert and when called upon by the International I write emails and letters. In the past, I've been called on to help organizers a number of times and done that as a volunteer. When there are pickets during a strike at some other company I make it a point to stop by with refreshments, and walk the line for a couple of hours.

Look, its my view, that not every thread here has to be about Union business. In fact, its my believe that Union business for the most part needs to be conducted with coworkers or stewards or a BA or the monthly meeting, not on an open forum. It's my thinking that this place is just great for finding help with a problem, but the exchange should be done via email. Not everyone that reads these threads is a friend of Labor.

Oh, and since we are on it, I believe company history is mostly made by management, but the traditions have been made by Teamsters. It was absolutely great when I was hired, I got to work with some of the best and most experienced citymen in the area. So yes, I like working for a heritage carrier like Yellow Transportation. Now before some flip out, that doesn't mean there aren't problems, after all this is not a perfect world and stupid stuff happens everywhere including here! Yellow Transportation doesn't operate in a vacuum, and neither does the Union. Yep, let me share one more thing, the Company and the Teamsters have a symbiotic relationship, it would certainly help all of us if everyone knew that...

Now, if you still don't understand, why not save yourself the frustration and just not click into a thread like this?

Jimmy B

Hey Jimmy could you post those pictures on Hanks Truck pictures so we all can enjoy them. Thanks alot for the photos, They turned out great what a cool looking truck.

I posted a similar thread with photos on both the ATHS forum and Hank's forum. Also have contacted the National Auto Museum about how they will display the KW. Right now though, been playing phone tag with the person that has the information.

Jimmy B

I live a multi-faceted life, in other words I wear many different hats as I walk through life. I have my husband hat, grandfather hat, friend hat, union hat, work hat, political hat and so-on, and even my hobby hat. Isn't it great to have a job that pays enough so there is money left over for a hobby, thank you Teamsters and Yellow. This makes it possible to have a full and rewarding life in my eyes. I've been driving since 1970, I like what I do most of the time. The truck history thing is my hobby, so I was thinking there might be other folks that may have a passing interest in the hardware. So, when I get the opportunity to share, I do. I think a thread like this doesn't interfere with my rank and file responsibilities.

That doesn't mean that when needed I don't put on the union hat. I'm a good and loyal rank and file member of the Teamsters, I'm politically active on behalf of the Union, I certainly let political campaigns know that I'm helping them because they've been endorsed by the Teamsters. When I donate money, I always do it in person, and I always let them know I'm a Teamster. I'm signed up for the Teamster alert and when called upon by the International I write emails and letters. In the past, I've been called on to help organizers a number of times and done that as a volunteer. When there are pickets during a strike at some other company I make it a point to stop by with refreshments, and walk the line for a couple of hours.

Look, its my view, that not every thread here has to be about Union business. In fact, its my believe that Union business for the most part needs to be conducted with coworkers or stewards or a BA or the monthly meeting, not on an open forum. It's my thinking that this place is just great for finding help with a problem, but the exchange should be done via email. Not everyone that reads these threads is a friend of Labor.

Oh, and since we are on it, I believe company history is mostly made by management, but the traditions have been made by Teamsters. It was absolutely great when I was hired, I got to work with some of the best and most experienced citymen in the area. So yes, I like working for a heritage carrier like Yellow Transportation. Now before some flip out, that doesn't mean there aren't problems, after all this is not a perfect world and stupid stuff happens everywhere including here! Yellow Transportation doesn't operate in a vacuum, and neither does the Union. Yep, let me share one more thing, the Company and the Teamsters have a symbiotic relationship, it would certainly help all of us if everyone knew that...

Now, if you still don't understand, why not save yourself the frustration and just not click into a thread like this?

Jimmy B

Dang!....Why could I not make such a great response?....Well done JimmyB!....KK

Nice looking old truck,thank you for taking your time to photograph it. Dont get achance to see something like that everyday.:1036316054::smilie_132:

don't lose it

So, is this Yellow RNE's new yardgoat, or as you easterners might call it a switcher?

Well, I'm thinking no! It's a museum quality restoration of one of Yellow's Kenworth CBE tractors that was first introduced in 1955 to the company's operations maybe? Certainly a real find for the dockmen yesterday morning. Wonder if any of them knew just what it was?

An absolute great surprise for this city driver who didn't at first, it wasn't until hours later, understand that it was a piece of history from Yellow's past. I like working for a company with traditions and history, not to many around these days.

What-is-it-1.jpg

Hope they have it on the ground and ready to go tomorrow so I can get some proper photos and really see if it's what I think it is, a KW CBE...

And yes, I'm a recently enrolled member of the American Truck Historical Society

Jimmy B
do not lose that picture! you have a gold mine in your hand.

JIMMY

if the intake manifold is on the right side it's a 190.

if the intake manifold is on the left side and you can see injector lines it's a 220.

if you can't see any injector lines it's a 250.

if it has a turbo and injector lines it's a 262.

if it has a turbo and no injector lines it's a 280.

check it out.

KC Marble Palace

Does Yellow not display the old iron in the GO anymore ?
Before the bean counters got in their every now and then someone would put a few pictures and a word or two about a new rebuilt piece of old equipment. In the weekly rag.
It used to be kinda nice to see one of the old junk trucks looking like new. I also remember when most of the equipment was keep like new and well taken care of. This is not the case anymore is it.
No power steering,No heated mirrors,No AC,No air seat.

There's a time and a place for everything stroud120.
JimmyB, thank you for a very positive thread.