FedEx Freight | Yearly Meeting!!!!!!!!!!

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
Has everyone seen the quote by the company in there barn, GET BUSINESS! Hate to say it but, WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! You people in Harrison need to open your eyes, these scm"s in these terminals lying to you left aand right to fudge the numbers to make that bonus great. In Tol. city drivers ae told to bring shipments back and put on the return sheet that it was a customer issue when it was acctually a operation failure. Just sweep it all under that big rug. And sales people going out to get business and Freight won"t match that rate. Overnight and Conway ahve always under cutted us in freight that will never change. Match it or quit gripping to your work force it"s not our problem we can only do so much. Just cause you are FEDEX doesn't mean everyone is going to ship with you, i could go on and on but what thesense they still won't listen anyways. At least I got some of that off my chest, SEE YA

these scm"s in these terminals lying to you left aand right to fudge the numbers to make that bonus great. In Tol. city drivers ae told to bring shipments back and put on the return sheet that it was a customer issue when it was acctually a operation failure.

Clearly that is dishonesty, if that is actually the case... But it has nothing to do with numbers for a bonus. A return is a return is a return... No matter what way you look at it.. you still get charged with a return. There is not much you can fudge at FXF.. Everything we do is automatically calculated through our computer system. Everything crosses over.. Logs, gate times, kronos, VIR, tractor mileage, shipment count, weight on trailers out the gate, Between the handhelds, the dock computers, and the gate readers.. everything is 99.99999% spot on. When you get a bonus.. its a trued bonus.. Even the accidents and injurys are on a system that calculates the total number vs the number of employees presently working.

My mom use to tell me long ago... Tell a lie, it leads to another lie.. before long, your lies catch up with ya!

Now as for the "Get Business" quote from the annual meeting.. I believe those people in Harrison have their heads exactly where it needs to be!! I am a firm believer that the CDSA's, hourly employees and front line sups are more of a sales force than our AE's... It is a good plan, and if the hourly work force would actually think about it and attempt to get some business from those that they know at home, church and kids activities.. we might have some more freight and could find better things to complain about!

It's out there.. Just on someone elses trucks.. It's not going to magically appear on our trucks.. we have to "GET the Business"

is that why Conway truckload was subhauling in and out of our yard Thurs. I know they bought CFI who we had a contract with but to see there truck pulling our freight ouch.

is that why Conway truckload was subhauling in and out of our yard Thurs. I know they bought CFI who we had a contract with but to see there truck pulling our freight ouch.

I asked our ops manager about this and he thinks we haven't gotten rid of CFI because they are a dependable carrier

We have a contract with CFI.. Regardless of who bought them out mid-year a contract is a contract. Kind of like bidding for an large account like Home Depot.. When you make a bid to haul the freight, or in this case choose a carrier. There are terms and agreements to continue that contract until its up. I do not know any of the terms, but can understand why we are still using them since we are on a contract.

Not much different than hauling the mail for the USPS.

You think thats my ear?:hide:

Not sure what it is... but I found the picture that your artist took his rendition from!!!

BTW, is that a question mark on your head?

sloth.jpg

???

and attempt to get some business from those that they know at home, church and kids activities.. we might have some more freight and could find better things to complain about!

We're so desperate that we have to schmooze people at soccer games and church?

When you ask for the freight and the customer tells you point blank that Conway will haul that pallet for $125 less than we will, what's my selling point? That we'll get it there in about the same amount of time and most likely damage free?

and attempt to get some business from those that they know at home, church and kids activities.. we might have some more freight and could find better things to complain about!

We're so desperate that we have to schmooze people at soccer games and church?

When you ask for the freight and the customer tells you point blank that Conway will haul that pallet for $125 less than we will, what's my selling point? That we'll get it there in about the same amount of time and most likely damage free?

Do as you will.. but I will continue to try to better the cause..

I worked for CSE for 6 years.. Moved all over the East Coast with them.. Held positions from supervisor to Sales to Manager.. It should not be hard to change that customers mind..

Ever heard of the "Conway Crunch"

Well I bet anyone you talk to on their docks has..

Our incentive plan blows their ICP out of the water..

Yet another reason to get business... You get more in your bonus!

We don't have them (Conway/CFI) pulling anything that I know of on the west coast. The only PT (mainly US Excuse) that we are using is one way hauls from gateway points east to west so as not to be running empties against loads. What are you guys (and gals) using PT for?

I worked for CSE for 6 years.. Moved all over the East Coast with them.. Held positions from supervisor to Sales to Manager.. It should not be hard to change that customers mind..

Yet another reason to get business... You get more in your bonus![/QUO

I have also worked for Conway prior to Fedex. What you state about the Conway crunch is true, But we are just as bad with damages as they are! You have to see the junk that comes back from NEB to my center. An extra load bar here and there would save thousands on OSD claims.

It is a shame that all of our trailers have a decking system in place and people refuse to use them or are just too darn lazy to care.

Yet another reason to get business... You get more in your bonus!

I had worked for them 9 years and made a lot of freight fit .1.5 pups in to 1 pup.only difference was we called it the dallas smash.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Yet another reason to get business... You get more in your bonus![/QUO

I have also worked for Conway prior to Fedex. What you state about the Conway crunch is true, But we are just as bad with damages as they are! You have to see the junk that comes back from NEB to my center. An extra load bar here and there would save thousands on OSD claims.

It is a shame that all of our trailers have a decking system in place and people refuse to use them or are just too darn lazy to care.

Its not that they dont care or are lazy, it takes time to build a deck. All that matters to this place is SPEED!!! Just pile the freight in and to heck with it, we made our cut times!!! Let the next center deal with it!!