FedEx Freight | Yellow Freight drivers are taking pay cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk diggler

TB Lurker
Credits
Talked to a Yellow driver today at one of my stops and he told me that they are cutting their pay by 2$ an hour to meet the needs of their shipping rates.He said that he is already struggling to make an 8 hour day as it is...hard times man....

Talked to a Yellow driver today at one of my stops and he told me that they are cutting their pay by 2$ an hour to meet the needs of their shipping rates.He said that he is already struggling to make an 8 hour day as it is...hard times man....

If the union companies are taking money away from their drivers..It's just a matter of time...Take it on the chin like a man!!!!:nutkick: Hard times are coming for all AMERICANS!!!!

They proposed a 10% wage reduction, but it hasn't been voted on yet. If they accept it, all us nons can expect about the same. And from what I understand, they want the 10% through 2013 or something. Even if the economy rebounds. They set our scale, so if they accept, don't expect any raises for awhile. If they don't accept, hope for a rebound, they make it, and drive our wages higher.

Take it on the chin?

If the union companies are taking money away from their drivers..It's just a matter of time...Take it on the chin like a man!!!!:nutkick: Hard times are coming for all AMERICANS!!!!

There's no reason in the world fdx frt should cut its employees pay for the failings of yrc mgt. But that just what they'll do using yrc drivers as an example!!

Thank goodness they still have a job.

Yellow Driver here.....

Yes YRCW will survive....I look back at all that YRCW did a month ago and wondered why if they had the cash why we're they paying debt off soon or refinancing and taking 600 million against their line of credit....well I guess the last two weeks answered that, the lines of credit have dried up....YRCW got theirs before the crap hit the fan so to speak...smart move now in hind site. they paid all of their debt until the end of 2010.......and now with the wage concession on top of that 600 million they will save another 225 to 250 million over 2009. Yes it is true we are suppose to give back 2.28 an hour.....soon to be voted on.....I read the boards and a few guys say they won't vote for it ...but they will because there are no jobs paying what you and I make, the ones saying I have my time I can retire....retire to what.. with what... if YRCW goes under there goes your pension as you know it...you may get something but not as much as you had thought .......I think the union and YRCW stacked the deck in their favor by having New Penn vote seperate because they are making money and knew they would vote against the giveback..........and just for the record....yellow and roadway are and have been making money in the mid 90's.....the last 2 qtrs....... YRC Regionals o/r was 107 and 111 respectively...it is in the earnings report....As I have said in my past posting when I first got on this board(check it out for yourself) Yellow is many things....dumb is not one of them.....they are playing this economy to the hill and right now it is a poker game and not having the membership we used to have and there not being many union trucking companies left...do we or don't we......well who wants to play the bluff game when it comes to our lives and families...but to Yellow it is strictly business..nothing more nothing less......I see them selling New Penn once they get the regional plans in place and I see them shutting Holland down if they don't make money by the 2nd qtr of next yr....Oh one more thing.....YRCW has had Holland up for sell for the last yr....I didn't know this but found out today from a boss....:1036316054:

Yes YRCW will survive....I look back at all that YRCW did a month ago and wondered why if they had the cash why we're they paying debt off soon or refinancing and taking 600 million against their line of credit....well I guess the last two weeks answered that, the lines of credit have dried up....YRCW got theirs before the crap hit the fan so to speak...smart move now in hind site. they paid all of their debt until the end of 2010.......and now with the wage concession on top of that 600 million they will save another 225 to 250 million over 2009. Yes it is true we are suppose to give back 2.28 an hour.....soon to be voted on.....I read the boards and a few guys say they won't vote for it ...but they will because there are no jobs paying what you and I make, the ones saying I have my time I can retire....retire to what.. with what... if YRCW goes under there goes your pension as you know it...you may get something but not as much as you had thought .......I think the union and YRCW stacked the deck in their favor by having New Penn vote seperate because they are making money and knew they would vote against the giveback..........and just for the record....yellow and roadway are and have been making money .....the last 2 qtrs YRC Regionals o/r was 107 and 111 respectively...it is in the earnings report....As I have said in my past posting when I first got on this board(check it out for yourself) Yellow is many things....dumb is not one of them.....they are playing this economy to the hill and right now it is a poker game and not having the membership we used to have and there not being many union trucking companies left...do we or don't we......well who wants to play the bluff game when it comes to our lives and families...but to Yellow it is strictly business..nothing more nothing less......I see them selling New Penn once they get the regional plans in place and I see them shutting Holland down if they don't make money by the 2nd qtr of next yr....Oh one more thing.....YRCW has had Holland up for sell for the last yr....I didn't know this but found out today from a boss....:1036316054:

mustangfan :1036316054:

I hope everyone at YRCW take what Animo916 has to say:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/475547-post4.html
And also what Kennesaw Kid has to say:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/476383-post1.html

As far as Holland is concerned, I think they will have a head wind going forward if they depend on the Big 3 Auto Industry for their freight.

:popcorn:

Yes I read the links before

and I have to say I agree wholeheartedly....we are fighting for not just ourselves and but for retirees and non union guys also....we at least have a vote on it....unfortunately the non union and our retirees have no such luxury:1036316054:

You the Man !

and I have to say I agree wholeheartedly....we are fighting for not just ourselves and but for retirees and non union guys also....we at least have a vote on it....unfortunately the non union and our retirees have no such luxury:1036316054:

Spoken, like a true teamster, You are the Man ! Keep up the good work, I for some reason, Feel like everything will be o k for all of us. Call it a gut feeling, or what ever, Yellow has been thru this type of thing Many times.

..........and just for the record....yellow and roadway are and have been making money .....the last 2 qtrs YRC Regionals o/r was 107 and 111 respectively...it is in the earnings report....

I'm curious about this.

I thought an operating ratio (OR) of LESS than 100 was the goal.

We used to be told our goal was an OR of 90. In other words, for every $1.00 we make in revenue, we wanted to keep 10 cents in profit, after paying operating expenses, salaries, taxes, etc., which amount to 90 cents of that dollar.

Then we got it down to the mid-80s and times were really good, as we were making somewhere around 15 cents for each dollar in revenue.

I don't know where it is anymore, but seem to recall hearing it's around the low 90s.

So if you're saying your OR is 107 and 111, then that would a loss for those quarters. For every $1.00 you made in revenue, it cost your company $1.07 and $1.11 to operate.

But it's been a long time since 10th grade economics or accounting or whatever that class was. It's possible I dozed off that day.

oaf

thank you..but

I would give another .50 an hour to get Maury Myers back again...he turned us around in 95.........was makng money within ..1 qtr.......:1036316054:

What is with this ? I am confused.

I'm curious about this.

We used to be told our goal was an OR of 90. In other words, for every $1.00 we make in revenue, we wanted to keep 10 cents in profit, after paying operating expenses, salaries, taxes, etc., which amount to 90 cents of that dollar.

Then we got it down to the mid-80s and times were really good, as we were making somewhere around 15 cents for each dollar in revenue.

I don't know where it is anymore, but seem to recall hearing it's around the low 90s.

So if you're saying your OR is 107 and 111, then that would a loss for those quarters. For every $1.00 you made in revenue, it cost your company $1.07 and $1.11 to operate.

But it's been a long time since 10th grade economics or accounting or whatever that class was. It's possible I dozed off that day.

oaf
Maybe yellows Billy boy , has this backwards and that is our problem, Thanks for the help, because I see you are right. I hope it is not to late for me, because I have been living off the interest of my debts. I must change a few things now, I feel a jack daniels call coming soon. :biglaugh:

I'm curious about this.

oaf

I was saying YRC REGIONALS was in the 107/111 thus losing money...........Roadway Yellow wa sin the mid's 90's thus making money I think I have to go back and fix that sorry to have misspoke

Ah Shucks,

I was saying YRC REGIONALS was in the 107/111 thus losing money...........Roadway Yellow wa sin the mid's 90's thus making money I think I have to go back and fix that sorry to have misspoke

Its OK pony man, we all make mistakes, But now I am really confussed. Am I making any money on my interest debt, or am I going broke? I was planning on buying a new ford flex, and a new 338 Winchester magnam rifle, Will I have to rethink my thinking? I knew it was a mistake, because you usually do it right.:1036316054:

well I would

Its OK pony man, we all make mistakes, But now I am really confussed. Am I making any money on my interest debt, or am I going broke? I was planning on buying a new ford flex, and a new 338 Winchester magnam rifle, Will I have to rethink my thinking? I knew it was a mistake, because you usually do it right.:1036316054:

Buy the winchester that way in case the car dies you have something to put it out of its missery with :hysterical::1036316054:

>I see them shutting Holland down if they don't make money by the 2nd qtr of next yr<
Really? No foolin? Who's going to pick up the pension liability if they do? You know the answer yet? Do you know who CAN NOT afford to pick up the liability for the pension? Do you know who pays YRC $800000 a WEEK for an accounting charge? Do you know who pays YRC $640000 a week for an accounting charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.