TForce | Yellow is improvising thier contract.

I dumped my YRC stock after I saw Dollar Bill on Moneyline late first quarter. He said they were heading into the tank. He had some pretty lame excuses why too. Right after that, I believe it was Smith & Barney said that YRC better concider restructuring the company fast. But instead, YRC gets involved in partnering with China to export freight to the US. So here it is, months later, and now they are going to start triming the fat? I think unfortunately we are seeing the begining of the end of this great carrier.

That is a very interesting story! I'm looking forward to see how YRC pulls this off.

"FedEx and UPS don't just try a new market on for size, they get into it to win," Skubiz said.

John Labrie, president of Con-way Freight, the LTL unit of truck and logistics company Con-Way Inc (CNW.N), said FedEx and UPS "have raised the bar in the LTL market."
...My favorite part of the story! :1036316054:

Might seem like some layoffs in YRC's future. Wonder if those let go would come knocking on non-union companies for a job?
.... seems ironic to me.

Guys, Don't read too much into this.......they were in negotiations at the time of press. Improvising the NMFA is a negotiation....not a given. They always ask for more than they know they'll get.

Might seem like some layoffs in YRC's future. Wonder if those let go would come knocking on non-union companies for a job?
.... seems ironic to me.
It's not ironic at all. It's just the way it is. You gotta do what's best for you. I'm ready to jump ship if a good opportunity opens up for me.

Thanks for posting this Accelerator.

I don't read a lot of good out of that story. I know people who work for YRC and I'd sure hate to see them lose their jobs during their restructuring. You have to remember, YRC is full of people just trying to support their families.

But I get Accelerator's point on how this relates to the Indy contract. We were never going to get the NMFA, instead what Indy got will likely become the new NMFA or something like it.

Unfortunately, in order to survive, YRC will need to get concessions from their union workforce (by tearing up the NMFA and negotiating something like what we're going to have) and close down a bunch of their terminals. Not good news, no matter how you look at it.

If they just spun off USF, I think things would be a little better. After all, YRC Regional is operating at 100.2!!! The only winner in the Regionals is New Penn. New Penn is the premier carrier everyone would like to be, and they are starting to slip because of Yellow.

But getting back on what Accel posted, I have to agree. Concessions will be absolute over at YRC and at ABF for that matter. And the days of the NMFA are numbered.

.... seems ironic to me.

To be honest, I see more non union entaties voting in the union and negotiating more contracts like our's. Or Indy's I should say.

Thanks for posting this Accelerator.

I don't read a lot of good out of that story. I know people who work for YRC and I'd sure hate to see them lose their jobs during their restructuring. You have to remember, YRC is full of people just trying to support their families.

But I get Accelerator's point on how this relates to the Indy contract. We were never going to get the NMFA, instead what Indy got will likely become the new NMFA or something like it.

Unfortunately, in order to survive, YRC will need to get concessions from their union workforce (by tearing up the NMFA and negotiating something like what we're going to have) and close down a bunch of their terminals. Not good news, no matter how you look at it.

Let's say they restructure the company, and get concessions from the union, I bet they will be a more attractive prospect for buyout.

There is more then just Fed Ex, DHL, and UPS, in the 3PL game.

If they just spun off USF, I think things would be a little better. After all, YRC Regional is operating at 100.2!!! The only winner in the Regionals is New Penn. New Penn is the premier carrier everyone would like to be, and they are starting to slip because of Yellow.

But getting back on what Accel posted, I have to agree. Concessions will be absolute over at YRC and at ABF for that matter. And the days of the NMFA are numbered.

I think it is too soon to say the NMFA is numbered, but it is not a impractical thought. And as I have said rite along, it was the work rules we were interested in to begin with. More negotiations will be implemented after our 5 year trip with this contract. The company is in it's infancy, and so is our contract, and wait and see what the competition will be getting in raise's and bennies for thier contract. Or the companies with no contracts for that matter.

And I would not blame you, after all , we all have to survive.Union or not.:1036316054:
Yeah Yellow in CHicago is a horrible place to work. I think its gonna be a case of run teams or starve this winter. And with Yellow hiring people right out of school, teams are not an attractive prospect. I know everyone has to start somewhere, but I didn't sign up to be a trainer. Two guys have died in the sleepers this year already. Plus I'd rather go back to the city side of things. There's alot to be said about being home every day.

I see. But people should keep in mind that job security is never a guarantee!.... union or non-union.
I think some people do not see this, sometimes.

Some people dont see somtimes that your chances are a hellava lot better with the union. 250,000 Teamsters cant be wrong .

I see. But people should keep in mind that job security is never a guarantee!.... union or non-union.
I think some people do not see this, sometimes.
I think most people know that. There are a few different perceptions of job security.....one being there is no promise that any given Company won't fold up at some point.....the other being having a written and signed contract protecting you from unfair discipline or unfair seniority practices all the way up to unfair termination......that's what some of us call job security.

I think most people know that. There are a few different perceptions of job security.....one being there is no promise that any given Company won't fold up at some point.....the other being having a written and signed contract protecting you from unfair discipline or unfair seniority practices all the way up to unfair termination......that's what some of us call job security.

Thats what I was trying to say THANKS DUDE:smilie_132: