TForce | Yellow is improvising thier contract.

I see. But people should keep in mind that job security is never a guarantee!.... union or non-union.
I think some people do not see this, sometimes.

Well Just because we have or are getting (maybe) a contract does not mean we will be safe, at no time will you hear me say that, but if someone is too stupid to follow the rules to begin with after a contract is inplace, then I hate to say it , they deserve to be fired. In ft8 fo8's case it's a matter of just working.

I think most people know that. There are a few different perceptions of job security.....one being there is no promise that any given Company won't fold up at some point.....the other being having a written and signed contract protecting you from unfair discipline or unfair seniority practices all the way up to unfair termination......that's what some of us call job security.

I am with you there.:1036316054:

Yes I agree that having a contract is good for uniform work rules but its not a lock when it comes to any company closing their doors.
Because I've been there I worked with 12 union companies,which 11 are in the history of LTL trucking.
The only one left is Yellow,for a few days of work I was getting with them each week I couldn't make a living.

But my last fultime union company that I was going on 18 years with.
Closed their doors over a weekend,and just like that I was out in the cold with all the rest of my co-workers.
The onlything that being a Teamster did for any of us was to try,and start over wherever we could.

So what I'm posting is contract,or no contract there is no such thing as job security.

I think most people know that. There are a few different perceptions of job security.....one being there is no promise that any given Company won't fold up at some point.....the other being having a written and signed contract protecting you from unfair discipline or unfair seniority practices all the way up to unfair termination......that's what some of us call job security.
Apo,
I'll clarify.....I know that there is no such thing as total job security if we are talking about a Company staying in business forever.

On the other hand there is such a thing as security on the job, as witnessed in Union contracts.