Yellow | Yellow Roadway News Articles

I would even settle for

George Powell l OR ll. CALL YOUR OFFICE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Or get the guy who is Waste Management's CEO. I can't think of his name, but he is the one that turned Yellow Freight around in the 80's after he came from some airline. :1036316054:

very positive advice

AH just a bunch of numbers being thrown around by so called maket experts.

Just keep doing your best for your company,everybody has slowed in the LTL industry,our country is in a real financial mess,but this has happened before with the great depression,and America bounced back from that mess.

Better to not give up,keep helping your company by having a positive attitude,and doing your best to keep the ship afloat.
In a world of 'gloom and doom', Apostolic, you are a 'very warm cup of tea' on a 'cold and dreary' night. Thanks! :smilie_132::1036316054:

very funny

You keep thinking the facts are wrong while you are standing in the unemployment line:biglaugh:

GBA:USA:
Keep this up and 'You'll be out of work'...'struggling comedian'? No wonder you're struggling, you aren't funny...you're sad!:biglaugh::smilie_132:

just my opine

CHICAGO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - No. 1 U.S. trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc (YRCW.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) is to cut 3,750 hourly jobs as part of ongoing efforts to revamp operations at two struggling regional units, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The job cuts will consist of dock workers and truck drivers at USF Corp and Roadway, representing roughly 6 percent of YRC's total work force of 58,000.

Last time I checked Roadway was not a regional unit????
Also, this is the first time any of these articles mentioned USF.

I am not saying the 3750 number is off base just most of the other info mentioned.
When they talk about USF and Roadway, I believe they are talking about subsidiaries.:shrug:

it's very gloomy

thats just great not 3750 drivers but upto GOOD NEWS the forcast still looks gloomy.
But at least someone at YRC sees fit not to be lying about our dilema. 'An informed soldier is a prepared soldier'. Hope you are taking steps to 'prepare' for the worst, but 'pray' for the best!! :1036316054:

from the chief of operations:

Team – as we hunker down during this difficult economic time and ride the storm that YRCW is facing with major impacts to our business levels . . . I wanted to take a minute to say thank you for all the hard work that is going on within our team.

We’ve accelerated our integration efforts as you all know, and resources within North American Operations are fully engaged with the acceleration . . .even after we’ve had to make some staff reductions recently which makes this even more of a feat. Our engineering teams are designing how our Shared Service Centers get implemented, and our Equipment and Linehaul teams are working with our Ops Planning team on designing our network of the future .. . . . two networks into one powerful single network design. When you think about Roadway or Yellow individually today and what our networks can do and how we reach our customers . . . . . we each have about 300 operations across the country. Now, double that freight, and put it into one network that will end up having around 430-450 facilities – that’s not only a coverage play for the customer, but a service play, as well as what we all know, which is a cost benefit for us also.

Our Safety team is defining a single approach to how we work safely in the field, and our Quality team is primarily focused on Invoice Quality as it relates to accurate and timely bill entry for both Y and R going into a single model. The quantity of projects we have active right now is staggering . . . and our pace is by design, faster than really we would like it to be – but we’re pressing hard knowing that we’re racing against the continued economic pressures and wanting to get this integration in place to help us win the battle!!!

I’ve personally worked with so many of you over the past couple months on integration projects . . . and I couldn’t be more proud and grateful for the effort that you all are putting forth.

Thank you so much for your personal commitments to the company and team members around you. It’s an honor to be working with such professionals who are digging in day after day after day.

Investment Dictionary: Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization - EBITDA
An indicator of a company's financial performance which is calculated as follows:

EBITDA can be used to analyze and compare profitability between companies and industries because it eliminates the effects of financing and accounting decisions. However, this is a non-GAAP measure that allows a greater amount of discretion as to what is (and is not) included in the calculation. This also means that companies often change the items included in their EBITDA calculation from one reporting period to the next.

Investopedia Says:
EBITDA first came into common use with leveraged buyouts in the 1980s, when it was used to indicate the ability of a company to service debt. As time passed, it became popular in industries with expensive assets that had to be written down over long periods of time. EBITDA is now commonly quoted by many companies, especially in the tech sector - even when it isn't warranted.

A common misconception is that EBITDA represents cash earnings. EBITDA is a good metric to evaluate profitability, but not cash flow. EBITDA also leaves out the cash required to fund working capital and the replacement of old equipment, which can be significant. Consequently, EBITDA is often used as an accounting gimmick to dress up a company's earnings. When using this metric, it's key that investors also focus on other performance measures to make sure the company is not trying to hide something with EBITDA.

Interesting

is it possible that Fidelity is trying to position itself for some of the 700 B buy showing a loss.

Wow,
Interesting thought....I hope you are on the money here!:1036316054:

I am concerned that it will start a ripple effect.

I guess we will have to watch what it does today.:hide:

Wow,
Interesting thought....I hope you are on the money here!:1036316054:

I am concerned that it will start a ripple effect.

I guess we will have to watch what it does today.:hide:

I'm not ripple effecting.I'm hoping it to get back
to $7 then I'll see if I can get some of my money back