Yellow | "Yellow Update" From IBT 7-27-23

The rank & File are never the problem. YELL management owns this.

With that said, SOB has been loud and public about his disdain for YELL. His "tough guy" approach is not particularly effective with a company that has no money. His consistent refusal to sit and talk with YELL started the freight moving away and losses accelerated.

I deeply regret that both sides could not work something out. Both side could have/should have played their cards differently in order to earn a different outcome.
These problems have festered for years. There was no coming to an agreement. Yellow has been out of options for a long time. It's not the international's responsibility to hold hands with management and sing kumbahah

Wrong again. O'Brien didn't disrupt 30,000 lives. Years of mismanagement did. This train was off the tracks years ago.
These problems have festered for years. There was no coming to an agreement. Yellow has been out of options for a long time. It's not the international's responsibility to hold hands with management and sing kumbahah
Yes, Yellow management caused the original problem but O'Brien had the power stipulated right in the NMFA to modify the contract and help preserve 30,000 decent jobs. He chose not to, that part is on him. He didn't cause the problem, but he could have helped solve it. 22,000 Teamsters will remember that.

22,000 Teamsters still thought the job was good enough to continue working there. What does that say?
You do realize, if the rank and file agreed to all of Yellows demands, it wouldn’t have stopped them from running out of cash and wouldn’t fix their management issue. Yellow has yet to admit they have management issues, something I learned in my AA classes. The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. To answer your question, it says theirs a lot of desperate workers Yellow is welling to take full advantage of.

You do realize, if the rank and file agreed to all of Yellows demands, it wouldn’t have stopped them from running out of cash and wouldn’t fix their management issue. Yellow has yet to admit they have management issues, something I learned in my AA classes. The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. To answer your question, it says theirs a lot of desperate workers Yellow is welling to take full advantage of.
Desperate workers? That's a pretty demeaning comment to make about people who were satisfied enough with the pay to continue working there. You and some others make it sound like they were working there for minimum wage. :duh:

One more thing, I believe Yellow had one more card (and a big one) left to play and that was the complete and final integration of the remaining regionals into the Yellow environment. If that was allowed to happen and they still couldn't generate profits I would agree there was no hope for them. However, now we'll never know.

Honestly, no truer words have ever been spoken.

In this case, IBT stalled talks for months, then accepted a YELL proposal after 70% of the daily shipments were gone to other carriers.

Did YELL create this mess? Sure. But the IBT is being very self serving in this statement, but they do that a lot.
My take after almost 28 years at five union companies

Where do workers comp claims fit in at.
Workers' comp claims are a separate animal. Those are claims against the employers' insurance provider. Provided the employer is current on their workers' comp insurance I don't see an issue with valid claims. If the employer is delinquent on those premiums then "I don't know" would be my answer.

Yes, Yellow management caused the original problem but O'Brien had the power stipulated right in the NMFA to modify the contract and help preserve 30,000 decent jobs. He chose not to, that part is on him. He didn't cause the problem, but he could have helped solve it. 22,000 Teamsters will remember that.
So I can take /steal all but two dollars of your life savings, and you would prosecute the person who took the two dollars?

death got more real with Yellow's bs lawsuit, 30% drop in their price per share that day
they hung out all their dirty laundry in that lawsuit
Refusing to schedule a contractually required hearing on the Change of Operations, posting a Yellow tombstone on social media, agreeing with Yellow to reopen the contract and then refusing to negotiate will cost the Teamsters Union a ****load of money. That "BS" lawsuit will either be won by Yellow or the union will settle by paying out a truckload of your dues money.

Workers' comp claims are a separate animal. Those are claims against the employers' insurance provider. Provided the employer is current on their workers' comp insurance I don't see an issue with valid claims. If the employer is delinquent on those premiums then "I don't know" would be my answer.
Thanks for your reply.

In this case, IBT stalled talks for months, then accepted a YELL proposal after 70% of the daily shipments were gone to other carriers.

Did YELL create this mess? Sure. But the IBT is being very self serving in this statement, but they do that a

Yea...AFTER all the shipments were pulled due to the strike threat. The IBT didn't accept the $11/hr deal until customers pulled their freight.

At that point that deal was no longer possible. Unbelievable how you cannot comprehend this simple fact and how all YELL employees were "played" by SOB.

I don't like how both sides went public telling the world how broke Yellow is. Dumbest moves ever.
But what has gone on behind the scenes...with these seemingly hostile parties...is really hard to tell
Definitely not a lot of that "All for one and one for all" stuff going down.

Yellow does not have a management problem; they have a debt problem. In 2022, Yellow had $5.3 billion in revenue.

Did YELL create this mess? Sure. But the IBT is being very self serving in this statement, but they do that a

Anyone see the irony of calling yourself a "union" and then contributing to the loss of 22,000 union jobs because of your stubbornness? That's not what I always believed a union to be.

Making $80K with benefits is not that desperate. It is better than most non college educated people are making. The only thing worse than working for a fu**ed up management is belonging to a fu**ed up union. The only good thing about Yellow closing is that I won't have to send that SOB another dime !