Yellow | "Yellow Update" From IBT 7-27-23

How many more times do you want people to go through this? What would it buy them a few more months & be right back in the same spot…
You don't know that for sure and neither do I. So what would have been the harm in allowing them to implement the changes they wanted even if just for a limited trial basis to see if things improved? Now we'll never know.

You don't know that for sure and neither do I. So what would have been the harm in allowing them to implement the changes they wanted even if just for a limited trial basis to see if things improved? Now we'll never know.
Is ABF smart enough to learn from this?
Do they modernize or wait????
I know what I would do...

They just keep spinning their wheels & it sucks the couldn’t n make it work….

Reactions: TC1
ABF did modernize, the own a few logistics companies a percentage of an automated forklift company & Panther….And I believe something else is in the works….

They have been modernizing. They created Vaux system that can unload a trailer in less than a minute or so it says. They also have now created their own computer program system in house and no longer rely on outside sources. They bought a technology company, a logistics company and a truckload company. They are even their own 3pl now.

Ok, how many yes votes do you think you would get if they had to pay their own healthcare? This is fantasyland, this was the plan all along.
Where were they having to pay their own healthcare? I must have missed that.

Where we’re they getting it from the bank’s
The whole convoluted situation was confusing - this depended on that, and that depended on the other, and the other depended on... You get my drift. :idunno:
Everything seemed to depend on something else.

They have been modernizing. They created Vaux system that can unload a trailer in less than a minute or so it says. They also have now created their own computer program system in house and no longer rely on outside sources. They bought a technology company, a logistics company and a truckload company. They are even their own 3pl now.

They're in a good position to just spinoff the labor and equipment heavy freight part. Maybe that's why they knuckled under so easily to the union, they're just going to kick it out the door anyhow. Like when Roadway Services kicked Roadway Express out the door.

Funny thing Yellow had machines up in the Northwest back in the 80s attempting to unload trailers . Fizzled out..
Did their own computer system but went to RDWYs system
Had their own IT and 3 pl
Ya see where that got them !