Yellow | Yellowbees's ??

imported_lazylarry

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard we will now be delivering all of the food product to the entire Applebees chains nationwide. Ive already seen a few Yellow dedicated trucks lettered Yellowbees on the door. For real...not joking. How will these new runs effect the bid procedure. Will we get free lunches at the new Yellowbees if we are on co' time ?? This is thrilling !! Hey way to go FedEx in Wilmington Mass !!! Read all about it at teamster.org !!!:funky:

This could be a real hassel.
All inside deliveries,some of the rest. back doors are hard to get a truck close to them.

Its always nice to get new accounts,but some of these deals can be real bummers for the ones that have to deliver .

I know about some of these drops,as a UPS Freight city driver.
I sometimes deliver rest. supplies to these places.
My route trailer is a 48 footer,I know some of these deliveries are nothing short of a real hassel.
I remember when Overnite had the Sally's Beauty store account for a few years.
I also know that when that nationwide account came up for bid Overnite jacked up their rate so high that the Sally's folks said no way.
And I know Yellow has had this account now for a few years.
This is one account I hope I never see come bouncing back our way.
All inside deliveries with very fussy store managers.

But have fun with the Applebee's account.
I wish your drivers all the best.
Be safe,if you can't do it safe,don't do it at all.

How are they going to del all the food product to applebee's? I didn't think they had reefers? I know in the east sysco,mclaine foods, usfoods, del everything to the resturants. In less yellow is just del the nonperishables, which seems unlikely.

Could be the dishes, plates, silverware and the other restuarant equip like ovens, food warmers even floor tile. Nothing like trying to squeeze a 53' into the mall to make a delivery to them. Remember to put your order in first so it is ready when your done.

You can just do what my co-workers do.
They call in to dispatch.
Sorry we can safely get a long trailer in here,put it on a pup trailer tomarrow.
The TM isn't going to jump into his car to go to check out if our driver is trying to get out of the delivery.
The next day it rides out on a special pup delivery,and also from that day on as long as we deliver there.
I'm one to try anything once,when I give up,and call in my TM knows he must have it on a pup the next day.

yo larry....

you guys still got pitco?????

we used to pull a lot of loads out of LAO back when.....

is chris still dispatching in the daytime?????

is the horrible mexican restaurant still across the street??????

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yo larry....

you guys still got pitco?????

we used to pull a lot of loads out of LAO back when.....

is chris still dispatching in the daytime?????

is the horrible mexican restaurant still across the street??????

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Im sure you know they closed LAO and run out of MCH now. We always got some pitco but when CF closed we started getting almost all the pitco but since then I think I heard they had lost some of it and I forgot who was picking it up. Ever been to LIT ? Its so funny how truck drivers can make this world seem so small. How did you get from MBK to STL ? I think MCH has like 6 road men domiciled there now. LCP CNC and BUF runs.

yo larry....

i escaped MBK in march 2000.....

been to LIT a bunch and spent many a day in room 119 at thayer's listening to the radiators go bang bang....

spent many a day in traveller's too.....

come out of there in the middle of the night and went over the mountain to 91 south in the snow or took the goat trail (rt3 to 118)up to SQB with an empty van and then back down....

i'm sorry for some reason i forgot you are in LIT....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; my stupidity in snow gets me a plum bid out here as there aint too many stupider to run st. paul out of here in the winter.....

pps; these guys look at me like i'm from mars when i tell them stories about how inteligent moose are......

hey Mikeeeee
You know a guy called Icepick, Sometimes I catch a bunch guys out of Philly at the bar in CVE that would have been at MBK when you were there.

yo larry....

i escaped MBK in march 2000.....

been to LIT a bunch and spent many a day in room 119 at thayer's listening to the radiators go bang bang....

spent many a day in traveller's too.....

come out of there in the middle of the night and went over the mountain to 91 south in the snow or took the goat trail (rt3 to 118)up to SQB with an empty van and then back down....

i'm sorry for some reason i forgot you are in LIT....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; my stupidity in snow gets me a plum bid out here as there aint too many stupider to run st. paul out of here in the winter.....

pps; these guys look at me like i'm from mars when i tell them stories about how inteligent moose are......

Its so funny how you think you are typing on this keyboard to 'somewhere in the USA' and I forget you road guys go so far that you actually come way up here. Things have changed quite a bit . The roadies stay in a nice Hampton Inn w/ free breakfast.