XPO | Yes Seminar?

monkeywrench

TB Lurker
Credits
I get to go to a Yes! seminar this weekend. This pee's me off! I work all week and look forward to the weekends off. Who's the bonehead who come up with this idea. What a waste of money. Do they have these to change our attitudes? If they want to change our attitudes, leave us the hell alone. I come to work with a good attitude and like my job, but this mandatory Yes seminar gives me a bad attitude. The last thing I want to do is hang out with a bunch of management yahoos and truck drivers on the weekend.

:sadwavey: pardon me but what is this yes seminar?:smilie_132:

:hide: Ok fine, you do not know what the YES seminar is, it is a chance for the top dogs (i.e. 2$million per year and above) to tell us what a piece of s*** we are. We are the ones that earn their FRICKIN outrageous wages!!!!!
You will be requested to spend a weekend with them someday, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilie_132:

In Central it means:
You
Ensure
Success

It was structured for the employee that hit their 5 year mark. (Sort of a morale booster, team building, rah rah rah)
The format has changed a bit. It's a seminar for employees with 10+ years.
Basically, they are starting with the most senior driver and working their way back.
The senior drivers get to go to it again! :hysterical: :smilie_132:

They also talk about retirement and answer questions. Probably screened questions now, as there is a story floating around that they got burned on a very good question that could not be answered right away. (Someone chime in on this one)

If you choose to go when your name comes up, you are usually grouped within the same hire dates.
You can pass it up twice. But the third time is a MUST.
Most of the senior guys at my barn liked it and thought it was better than the original. They got to see old buddies etc. Others thought it was a waste of time.

I get to go to a Yes! seminar this weekend. This pee's me off! I work all week and look forward to the weekends off. Who's the bonehead who come up with this idea. What a waste of money. Do they have these to change our attitudes? If they want to change our attitudes, leave us the hell alone. I come to work with a good attitude and like my job, but this mandatory Yes seminar gives me a bad attitude. The last thing I want to do is hang out with a bunch of management yahoos and truck drivers on the weekend.
Just hit them with questions that will floor them. Ask them about the letter they sent to our customers about the rate increase that they said they were doing it to bring there employee's cost of living raise equal to the cost of living. The cost of living last year was around 3.5 not counting gas prices. Can anyone tell me what last year's pay raise was? Ask them why driver's are forced to drive in class 3 winter weather emergency's. Don't let them snake there way out of it. If they start to get upset tell them that's not nice and they are hurting your feels, Now answer the fricken question!

Well never heard of class3 weather but the prez DM ,told me when I was that it cost around $50,000 each seminar, don't know anybody that, thought it was Not a good use of funds, could have done without the pom-poms they threw out in the room

Well never heard of class3 weather but the prez DM ,told me when I was that it cost around $50,000 each seminar, don't know anybody that, thought it was Not a good use of funds, could have done without the pom-poms they threw out in the room
I heard about the high cost of hosting those seminars. That kind of pricing is just a drop in the bucket for them. They feel it enriches the employees that attend.
Pom Pom story was very very bizarre. Hard to get oneself into this culture once they were whipped at you.

The best thing about the yes seminar,is it's the last one we have.
I had a great time at my YES seminar. I was in the company of 50 wonderful co-workers who were as disgruntled as I was .We sat around all weekend talking about cool way’s to screw Con-way. Got to tell ya I learned a whole lot of cool stuff. If anyone finds my hard earned Plaque please let me know. I left it in a trash can at the airport by mistake.

I had a great time at my YES seminar. I was in the company of 50 wonderful co-workers who were as disgruntled as I was .We sat around all weekend talking about cool way’s to screw Con-way. Got to tell ya I learned a whole lot of cool stuff. If anyone finds my hard earned Plaque please let me know. I left it in a trash can at the airport by mistake.
I heard to trashman at detroit airport sells them back to conway. He get a lot of them every month.

Your service center can give you a copy.:hysterical:

HEY that's part of my ICP you left there smuck.

just remember it con-way first.
your family second.

just remember it con-way first.
your family second.
Thats right. If Conway wanted you to have a family they would have given one to you As a part of your premium pay package. GIVE CONWAY OR GIVE ME DEATH.