TForce | Yo Skeeter Where'd the sun go out in California.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

I found this news report that looks more like the weather we have up here in upstate New York.

I didn't know where to post this on the truckingboards?
I know Skeeter lives ,and works out of the Sacramento Terminal so thats why I'm asking where did the sun go from sunny California?

Oh by the way its clear,and about 35 degrees here now.
Its predicted to go up to the low 50's by Monday.
Maybe a big wind storm blew your sunshine back to the north east for awhile?

California weather not fit for man, beast or truckers

GetNewsPhoto.ashx

California faces both heavy rain and snow.

By SAMANTHA YOUNG
The Associated Press

1/4/2008

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Truckers whose pick ups and deliveries for the next few days are in California joined the residents of that state in bracing themselves as arctic storms moved ashore Friday, threatening to paralyze the mountains with deep snow and bring devastating rains to a coastal landscape already charred by wildfires.

Also here:California weather not fit for man, beast or truckers - Truck Driver Forum

I found this news report that looks more like the weather we have up here in upstate New York.

I didn't know where to post this on the truckingboards?
I know Skeeter lives ,and works out of the Sacramento Terminal so thats why I'm asking where did the sun go from sunny California?

Oh by the way its clear,and about 35 degrees here now.
Its predicted to go up to the low 50's by Monday.
Maybe a big wind storm blew your sunshine back to the north east for awhile?

HELP!!!

We are use to all this. Even the terminal is shut down. LOL! No power. Everybody gets a break. Yesterday I only got as far a Redding and the sign was lit up road closed. So I just turned around and took my loaded trailers back to the yard and went home. :1036316054:

You say you are used to this stuff?

Well then do you have any power at your house now?
When I saw this article,and picture I thought it could have been around here just last month.

I do feel for you,I know your used to warm sunny days.
Not cold snowy storms like we get up here.

One other thing I really hope your terminal doesn't have to many of those next day garenteed shippments where the customer gets their freight charges for free if you can't make it on time.
Becaue your operating ratio is going to go down the toydee this month,if you have a bunch.

You say you are used to this stuff?

Well then do you have any power at your house now?
When I saw this article,and picture I thought it could have been around here just last month.

I do feel for you,I know your used to warm sunny days.
Not cold snowy storms like we get up here.

One other thing I really hope your terminal doesn't have to many of those next day garenteed shippments where the customer gets their freight charges for free if you can't make it on time.
Becaue your operating ratio is going to go down the toydee this month,if you have a bunch.

I love this as long as I'm home throwing another log on the fire. LOL! :1036316054:

Is UPS Freight paying you for your time off from this snow storm.
Or are you taking some vacation days?

No you don't paid if you are at your domicile.
I don't use my vacations for anything but vacations. They are to important to me.:1036316054:

But six trucks have been blown over not far from me so far. They are asking for all trucks to get off the road.

Well then your right on your thoughts about stormy weather.
I know I should of stayed home durning the biggest storm we had last month.
When a wind gust came across an open field,lifting my trailer up.and pushing me down the shoulder of the road.
45 years of trucking,and there wasn't anything I could do but ride it out.

After a ride like that I think twice about going to work on high windy snowy days anymore.
A days pay lost is better than having a crash.

Well then your right on your thoughts about stormy weather.
I know I should of stayed home durning the biggest storm we had last month.
When a wind gust came across an open field,lifting my trailer up.and pushing me down the shoulder of the road.
45 years of trucking,and there wasn't anything I could do but ride it out.

After a ride like that I think twice about going to work on high windy snowy days anymore.
A days pay lost is better than having a crash.

That's a big O 10-4:1036316054: