Central Transport | you are being set up to fail scenario

undead

TB Lurker
Credits
minimal communication and training,substandard equipment, isolation from your co-workers from vitran. being a burden or an after thought, different peddle run every day, changing your start time all part of the scenario. If your day becomes stressfull you will leave on your own the first step in weeding us out

there would be no hard feelings if i was shown the door, this is like reliving a vitran nightmare. they should take a few mins to answer questions and show how to operate the handheld and it would benefit them in the long run.

there would be no hard feelings if i was shown the door, this is like reliving a vitran nightmare. they should take a few mins to answer questions and show how to operate the handheld and it would benefit them in the long run.

Working another barn the other day, that TM and his people were very helpful with walking me through the HH while I was spotting a trailer at one of their customers.

what ever you do dont quit less you got something else lined up .
let them "weed you out" all they want on their own. then you got almost 2 years of unemployment your entitled too wile you find other work.

let them "weed you out" all they want on their own. then you got almost 2 years of unemployment your entitled too wile you find other work.

IF they do not let you go for CAUSE and do not fight it.

Undead. I don't think it's on purpose. They are so disorganized right now, they couldn't possibly have organized a plan to set you up for failure. I'm trying not to judge them until after they've had plenty of time to let the dust settle, take a deep breath, and figure out what they are doing. This could take a few months.

I got a question. Why since ctii bought vitran, there are a heck of alot of third party trucks pulling your trailers? I seet them up n down the interstates more then vitran n ct trucks. Have you guys got that much work that u need some help moving it?

I got a question. Why since ctii bought vitran, there are a heck of alot of third party trucks pulling your trailers? I seet them up n down the interstates more then vitran n ct trucks. Have you guys got that much work that u need some help moving it?
$$ you know many LTL companies are moving in that direction...I see contractors moving your freight at UPS all the time...Taking money away from you and your teamster brothers. But to answer your question yes.....Some want the cheapest rate and that niche CT has got locked in.

I have no regrets working for Vitran, it's been great at times. I'll miss many of my co-workers and customers. With that said, I'll surely not ever regret leaving CT.. The moment they bought us I knew I wouldn't stay long.

Good luck finding a great driving job with a two year absense out of a truck. No good company in their right mind would hire a guy with a 2 year gap of employment in trucking, not when you can find a driving job tomorrow. OTR companys r hiring drivers everyday. And people wonder why they dont get great driving jobs.

Vitran used outside outfits sometimes to move loads train. But ive been seeing more n more each day. I just didnt know if it was bcuz of. Freight falling off the dock or the owner trying to show his employees who is boss. The teamsters r getting screwed bcuz of. Lack of language in the contract. And plus since we voted down our deal, ups wants to "flex" their muscle by doubling the amount of contractors. Its up to our leadership to get us a better deal. Not saying we need more money, im saying we need to be able to run our own freight to be able to make money.

I have no regrets working for Vitran, it's been great at times. I'll miss many of my co-workers and customers. With that said, I'll surely not ever regret leaving CT.. The moment they bought us I knew I wouldn't stay long.

Exactly... What I've said from the minute I heard the news.

Exactly... What I've said from the minute I heard the news.
I was slow to come around...I so tried to stay positive but there comes a time when you have to take the blinders off and face the facts.....I will temper my rhetoric or negative comments out of respect to the ones that chose to stay. And that's going to be pretty damn hard after some of the things I have been finding out....via PM's.

Got my physical done for Old Dominion... Onward and Upward, brothers.
Congratulations! I almost have my husband willing to call OD. The terminal isn't as close to our house but I'm totally willing to move for my husband to have the commute he likes.

Good luck finding a great driving job with a two year absense out of a truck. No good company in their right mind would hire a guy with a 2 year gap of employment in trucking, not when you can find a driving job tomorrow. OTR companys r hiring drivers everyday. And people wonder why they dont get great driving jobs.
While I don't understand why anyone would want to stay on unemployment for years, I have to point out that not everyone wants or can work OTR.

B]via PM's[/B].
Huh?!?!?!