Yellow | YRC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and D.S. is more than welcome to run for B.A. since his new local only has 1, and he is also our prez. I'm sure Ted will go for that.....g
Hey gman.....I came to 653 to follow the freight we lost at 671, not to run for office. I do feel like there may be a place for me to represent the dock workers as a Shop Steward but that will be up to Local 71 and the guys on the dock. DS.

Hey gman.....I came to 653 to follow the freight we lost at 671, not to run for office. I do feel like there may be a place for me to represent the dock workers as a Shop Steward but that will be up to Local 71 and the guys on the dock. DS.
10-4 my friend, Have a Great Day!

Talked to a Roadway (YRC) driver the other day and he said they are running out of room in Charlotte.He thought it might be a good idea that Holland and Roadway trade terminals.Just run city out of that term.I work for UPS FRT so I don't know your city volume.

having dispatched yellow cnc 1985-2002 i know 71 prez, he is good man. peashooter is excellant SS who really cares about every driver. i hope members from RW get involved. the more involved everyone one is the better YRC does. tk u

having dispatched yellow cnc 1985-2002 i know 71 prez, he is good man. peashooter is excellant SS who really cares about every driver. i hope members from RW get involved. the more involved everyone one is the better YRC does. tk u

Jack no one disputes he's a good man. I believe he does well for the Road guys but he doesn't understand Dock and city issues. As a driver you only deal face to face with the co. for a few minutes a day on the dock it's for 8-10 hours. We just ask that he listen to his Stewards and others who work in the positions. If I were in his job I would have to have a good road Steward and a good City Steward to help me as I am a Dock guy with very little knowledge of those operations.

Jack no one disputes he's a good man. I believe he does well for the Road guys but he doesn't understand Dock and city issues. As a driver you only deal face to face with the co. for a few minutes a day on the dock it's for 8-10 hours. We just ask that he listen to his Stewards and others who work in the positions. If I were in his job I would have to have a good road Steward and a good City Steward to help me as I am a Dock guy with very little knowledge of those operations.

peashooter worked city carthage for about 10 yrs

Its funny how the managers feel that way but the rank and file feel different about 71 pres.

The real story comes out though as

How many Local Prez's do you here about being backed by the company that they are representing men against. Jack, I cannot believe how many times I have heard the company stand up for this man, that doesn't say much for the union side, to many people in the same bed. That is how I see it!

Talked to a Roadway (YRC) driver the other day and he said they are running out of room in Charlotte.He thought it might be a good idea that Holland and Roadway trade terminals.Just run city out of that term.I work for UPS FRT so I don't know your city volume.
That's the thing spaceace..........Lots of the city operation is run out of the old RDWY dock and the Yellow dock is mostly district and OB. Coming from a terminal that was slowly let die............running out of room is a nuisance, not having freight is bad. DS.

PS....like your screen name. :thumbsup:

im not saying ted r is perfect what im saying is everyone shud get involved. run for office, attend meetings & back ur union. mr dsteward u r worthy of being BA, u r worthy of anyoffice please dont sit on sidelines & yellow employees will cooperate. i am so tired of hearing RW & YELLOW they dont exist anymore. lets be greatest trucking company in world. tks

It is really amazing how management feels that way about t r . My past locals the co used to take a **** when the ba walked through the door. And I thought here at Roadway the managers thought he was great , come to find yellow does too...:biglaugh:

im not saying ted r is perfect what im saying is everyone shud get involved. run for office, attend meetings & back ur union. mr dsteward u r worthy of being BA, u r worthy of anyoffice please dont sit on sidelines & yellow employees will cooperate. i am so tired of hearing RW & YELLOW they dont exist anymore. lets be greatest trucking company in world. tks
Jack, I don't know you personally, but please rest assured, docksteward, myself and anyone else who wants to step up from the Roadway side, will be there to represent the men who transferred in, as well anyone else who needs help....there is no doubt, that there is work to be done, But I'm confident that we have a good group of guys who will make a positive impact....Our main mission right now is establishing a new uniform set of policies and work rules for a "NEW COMPANY" taking the best from Roadway and Yellow, and applying them to YRC.... Hopefully Ted will be receptive to some change....g

Jack, get a grip, you were a suprv. and you have not been here in a while. He would work with you because you represented the company, not a rank and file member. Just one time would I like to see something positive come about on the dock to our benefit. If we were in the same negotiating situation as the road is we would be ok, but we are not. The joke has gone on long enough, time has come for a serious change...

Jack, get a grip, you were a suprv. and you have not been here in a while. He would work with you because you represented the company, not a rank and file member. Just one time would I like to see something positive come about on the dock to our benefit. If we were in the same negotiating situation as the road is we would be ok, but we are not. The joke has gone on long enough, time has come for a serious change...

Here, Here, Rico.....don't worry...CHANGE IS COMING !!!!! in a big way......

mr rico i did not appreciate ur comment. this shows me u r for urself & against company. u ask yellow employees about me & then u talk. i filed EEOC claim against yellow, i sent money to yellow drivers on long term illness & i helped everyone i cud. TR aint never done nothing for me. he was nice to me & i was nice to him. if u go to cnc with attitude "its my way or highway" u will be sorry. i have never seen ur name on any check i cashed from yellow.

As I stated earlier Jack He ain't helping the dock. We need him to let our dock stewards have a little more say in things. He doesn't understand how things are on the dock. I work my arse off for this company and would like some respect. They constantly are making "mistakes". Work around, Work some guys on their AD or BD and not others. This past Monday Junior man on his AD worked while senior man left at home. TR says "they say it's just a mistake and won't happen again" This is the 4th time in 6 months they have made the same mistake. If I were to make the same mistake 4 times in 6 months I'd be in front of the panel on a pending termination letter. All we ask is everyone gets the same consideration.

been there

mr rico i did not appreciate ur comment. this shows me u r for urself & against company. u ask yellow employees about me & then u talk. i filed EEOC claim against yellow, i sent money to yellow drivers on long term illness & i helped everyone i cud. TR aint never done nothing for me. he was nice to me & i was nice to him. if u go to cnc with attitude "its my way or highway" u will be sorry. i have never seen ur name on any check i cashed from yellow.

Mr. Rudisill, Sorry that you didn't like my comment, I thought you were a little tougher than that. I AM NOT FOR MYSELF AND NEVER HAVE BEEN, I LOOK OUT FOR ALL MY BROTHERS WITHOUT REGARD FOR MYSELF. I am in Charlotte and have been for a long time. Jack, don't think for a moment that you are the only "ONE" that ever has filed an EEOC complaint against the company, that doesn't make you great, just means that you will stand up for yourself and I applaud you for that. You haven't worked here for a while so you should check in with some people that do, not just road drivers either, they don't deal with the rock or the yard on a hourly basis. As for the comment "if u go to cnc with attitude "its my way or highway" u will be sorry.", not for a moment will I ever be sorry about what I say or do, I DO MY JOB AND DON'T HAVE TO LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER. This is not the same place that you once worked nor will it ever be, the Ritchie days are gone, and best forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.