Yellow | YRC Freight COO For Terminals 318 and 211!

So they are changing the flow of frt (Road) from 318/211 to 309/211. Is 318 closing? Did I read this correct?
Then why is 211 losing 2 local cartage positions? What has local Cartage at 211 have to do with 309/318?
What am I missing?

Why would they lose 2 off the dock? Same freight still inbound to 211
Because of the unique work jurisdictions in Chicago. Teamsters at YRCF are represented by 2 locals and 5 separate and distinct work groups. 710 road, 710 dock/spot, 710 clerical, 710 custodial/maintenance and 705 local cartage. Because 211 loaded direct to 318 those dock positions will be relocated to 309, the DC for 318. This is because with the zip code realignment 318's service area was dramatically reduced, therefore not enough volume to load direct 211-318.

Because of the unique work jurisdictions in Chicago. Teamsters at YRCF are represented by 2 locals and 5 separate and distinct work groups. 710 road, 710 dock/spot, 710 clerical, 710 custodial/maintenance and 705 local cartage. Because 211 loaded direct to 318 those dock positions will be relocated to 309, the DC for 318. This is because with the zip code realignment 318's service area was dramatically reduced, therefore not enough volume to load direct 211-318.
Plus, if I may Sir Bag. 303 and 304 will continue loading direct to 211.

As long as YRC keeps you bone heads confused about jurisdictions, workgroups, and relocations, you worry and complain less about YRC extortion tactics. And this only applys to the people who are actively employed at YRC, Not those who demand YRC employees suck, swollow and repeat to keep getting thier pound of flesh.

As long as YRC keeps you bone heads confused about jurisdictions, workgroups, and relocations, you worry and complain less about YRC extortion tactics. And this only applys to the people who are actively employed at YRC, Not those who demand YRC employees suck, swollow and repeat to keep getting thier pound of flesh.

Worry and complain? Where do you see any evidence of that on here?

So, 318 will load freight to be hauled 40 miles to 309 where it will be broke and reloaded to 211, where it will be broke and reloaded to the eol, where it will be broke and loaded for delivery. Do I have that right?

So, 318 will load freight to be hauled 40 miles to 309 where it will be broke and reloaded to 211, where it will be broke and reloaded to the eol, where it will be broke and loaded for delivery. Do I have that right?
Except 309 will load freight going west to south bend, and they will load it to the rail. But before it can go to the rail a road driver will bring it back to 309 so a shuttle driver can take it to the rail.

Worry? Did that guy say worry?
Where's Alfred E?
I quit worrying way back in my 40's when the kids left the house!
Good luck to you guys in the mid-west. I hope it all works out for the better.

Worry? Did that guy say worry?
Where's Alfred E?
I quit worrying way back in my 40's when the kids left the house!
Good luck to you guys in the mid-west. I hope it all works out for the better.

HmjQxjY.jpg

Alfred E. Neuman, YRC Freight's new Director of CDO and Changes of Operation!
He will keep the freight rolling!

:funky: