Yellow | Yrc May Close If Chicago Votes No

OK Hoffa earns $383,132 in 2008 and that’s according to TDU . Now that’s a person who's in charge of a 1,400,000 person Union . Now I know if I was in charge of the Union and had to put up with a bunch of truck driver I would ask for a lot more !! I know to us that seems like a lot but in the BIG PICTURE sure don’t seem like a lot of money !

It's a lot by my standards and considering that the IBT keeps telling us times are bad and we need to take the 15% pay cuts I consider it a slap in my face to turn around and raise your own pay. How about a little solidarity and standing with your people in tough times.

Make you pretty happy does it ?? Why would you post such a thing ? I liked the LMAO you used at the end, very touching !

Dang it! I thought it said "in my honest opinion". Guess I'm not using my noodle properly. :shrug:

i hope they do vote it down again i don't know why they want another vote. JUST CLOSE CHICAGO and lets move on. we don't need those crybabies.

That is certainly written by a true grade A, Mea'ster. I can tell that it was written by an original Roadway ::shit::-bird. Original Yellow drivers don't hope on other members to lose their jobs. I can tell that it was a x-Roadway, because most of them think of other members with head up their :eck13:.

>Well i have to admit they are good speakers and it was a good meeting
I enjoyed it, they answered a lot of questions <

Well are you going to tell them what was said?
That the 5% and the pension payment is the secondary issue--------THE MAIN ISSUE HERE ARE THE BANKS.
The banks will not maintain 1st position in a bankruptcy with the whitepaper aggreements these locals have if they don't vote yes to the pension deferrals. The pension funds will maintain 1st position without a yes vote. This is unacceptable to the banks. Whether you like it or not the banks have let them slide 11 times this year. While they do not want to see a bankruptcy occur-IF IT DOES there is no way they will take 2nd position to the the pension funds. By helping us out they have kept hope alive they will be repaid but this issue with the locals is what is driving this vote.
Dec. 14th is the date the banks have given them to &quot;get the act together&quot; or they will &quot;take action&quot; This is no joke!
If you think this is BS I'm telling you - start making some phonecalls and find out for yourself instead of believing these fools on here. if your future is not important to you or your family then do nothing and stick your head in the sand.
Even if you still want to vote no, you at least owe it to yourself and others to find out what is really behind this instead of believing everything you heard on CH 19.
Its not that the IBT didn't have the constituional right to grab the locals its that they don't have the money to waste on lawsuits and YRC is running out of time and money.
Believe what you want. It's real simple -the banks have about had it and this is the last straw- THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT 2nd POSITION period. I admit, I thought this was over the 5% but when I heard the real reason it was a real
eye-opener.

That the 5% and the pension payment is the secondary issue--------THE MAIN ISSUE HERE ARE THE BANKS.
The banks will not maintain 1st position in a bankruptcy with the whitepaper aggreements these locals have if they don't vote yes to the pension deferrals. The pension funds will maintain 1st position without a yes vote. This is unacceptable to the banks. Whether you like it or not the banks have let them slide 11 times this year. While they do not want to see a bankruptcy occur-IF IT DOES there is no way they will take 2nd position to the the pension funds. By helping us out they have kept hope alive they will be repaid but this issue with the locals is what is driving this vote.
Dec. 14th is the date the banks have given them to &quot;get the act together&quot; or they will &quot;take action&quot; This is no joke!
If you think this is BS I'm telling you - start making some phonecalls and find out for yourself instead of believing these fools on here. if your future is not important to you or your family then do nothing and stick your head in the sand.
Even if you still want to vote no, you at least owe it to yourself and others to find out what is really behind this instead of believing everything you heard on CH 19.
Its not that the IBT didn't have the constituional right to grab the locals its that they don't have the money to waste on lawsuits and YRC is running out of time and money.
Believe what you want. It's real simple -the banks have about had it and this is the last straw- THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT 2nd POSITION period. I admit, I thought this was over the 5% but when I heard the real reason it was a real
eye-opener.

thanks Superstar! It is nice to hear some real information. I hope you are right about all of you considering the information prior to the vote.

That is certainly written by a true grade A, Mea'ster. I can tell that it was written by an original Roadway ::shit::-bird. Original Yellow drivers don't hope on other members to lose their jobs. I can tell that it was a x-Roadway, because most of them think of other members with head up their :eck13:.

How about a grade A JOBSTER. YRC has plenty of laid off TEAMSTERS that would like to be in your position with a JOBSTER.

shut chicago DOWN and the rest of the company will show you true MEASTERS over at 309 how to haul freight.

if you don't like it shut up you loser. workmens comp still pays you if they go down and you have nothing to worry about.::shit:: thats for you big buddy loser

How about a grade A JOBSTER. YRC has plenty of laid off TEAMSTERS that would like to be in your position with a JOBSTER.

shut chicago DOWN and the rest of the company will show you true MEASTERS over at 309 how to haul freight.

if you don't like it shut up you loser. workmens comp still pays you if they go down and you have nothing to worry about.::shit:: thats for you big buddy loser

I've been following this thread closely and I just have to say this, when are you going to figure out the threat is they will shut down YRCW (the whole company) if Chicago votes no again. Not shut Chicago down. Get it right. Your making yourself look smart challenged.

Now that being said no losing their job is ever anything to be happy about or proud of. This is a bad situation I wish the best to all involved.

eye-opener.

Nice Post Superstar, the banks are running this company, just look at the Junior (low salary) management they have left in place on the docks, dispatch and TM's. They are ruining what credibility both companies once had :Flame-On: Had they kept the experianced managers, I believe we would have a chance.....at this point I don't think we can with out the bond exchange....jmho

eye-opener.

word up....

I've been following this thread closely and I just have to say this, when are you going to figure out the threat is they will shut down YRCW (the whole company) if Chicago votes no again. Not shut Chicago down. Get it right. Your making yourself look smart challenged.

Now that being said no losing their job is ever anything to be happy about or proud of. This is a bad situation I wish the best to all involved.

ya i know what can and will happen. as far as smart challenged i say that award should go to the yrc teamsters in chicago.

there is a lot of empty space between their ears.................... and they are not using it.

as far as shutting down. i did my part in this mess. and yes i am a roadway man and always will be and did not ask for this crap but if you ever notice its the yellow guys who always cry loudest.

the spaghettiman should thank his daddy dollar bill for all this

I'm a Chicago employee and the meeting we had with the union told us straight out that even with the 5%, there was no guarantee that the company would make it. For the company/union to say without our concession that YRC is closing is false. They have no idea if the company can make it with the 5%. Unfortunately, the union and company are looking for someone to blame because when the doors close, and they will, they don't want to be responsible. I've been with the company for 15 years and I don't want to see it close but I also think the company and union are doing little to encourage people to help the company. Abolishing the Chicago contract, laying more people off and being less than honest is not an incentive to help. We are merely the scapegoat in a plan that was put into motion some time ago.