Yellow | Yrc--sacraficial lamb???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, why has this jerk off not been banned from truckingboards the way others have for starting a bunch of unnecessary sh*t?

OK, why has this jerk off not been banned from truckingboards the way others have for starting a bunch of unnecessary sh*t?

I just got here, I usually let the Union mods handle the Union stuff.

Infraction has been given, the only thing I can do now is either delete the thread or lock it...

While I understand what you are saying, dont you think every company has arrogant A-holes including ABF? Thanks for your compassion in hoping a company fails because of a few:loser:

I guess it's time we start cracking down on all members that go to other company forums just to Troll.

It's not just here, it happens on almost all forums, some @sshole will always try to kick people when they are down, it has already been tried on the Fedex forum too

Was he a troll? I work for YRC and I don't think it would be so bad if we closed up. Of course time will tell with the wages. It seems Union or Non Union we are all taking cuts.

Was he a troll? I work for YRC and I don't think it would be so bad if we closed up. Of course time will tell with the wages. It seems Union or Non Union we are all taking cuts.

I don't know if you're laid off or not, but I am, have been for 5 months. You should go out there & see what jobs are left out there. And the c**p wages they pay, with no benefits. You'll be crawling back when they call you. Unless you'd have them close down, then you'll be out on the road 24/7 for a paycheck your family can't live on. Shouldn't we be trying to build this company back up rather than tearing it down?

I don't know if you're laid off or not, but I am, have been for 5 months. You should go out there & see what jobs are left out there. And the c**p wages they pay, with no benefits. You'll be crawling back when they call you. Unless you'd have them close down, then you'll be out on the road 24/7 for a paycheck your family can't live on. Shouldn't we be trying to build this company back up rather than tearing it down?

I worked 7 days a week for $50K a year 5 years ago. I'm guessing it has gone up a little. I'm all for keeping our jobs. I just think that the jobs might move around but still be there in a different capacity. Maybe at wages closer to what I used to make. I don't think its the end of the world. I guess I am too new to be terribly upset.

As a general rule the guys not suffering the the ones spoutting the "who care's if we close" "hope the company goes under" crapola. Their safe in their position so the can have the sh## attitudes.

I think it would be fair to say that Truckingboards is like a fireworks show...For the most part, you stand back and observe, looking into the sky and going "Oooh, Awww" and occasionally light one off yourself, and more "Ooooh Awwww"....Then one gets set off that the manufacturer might have tweaked too much and it hits the street curb, ricochets and knocks grandma off her lawn chair, burns the top of the dog as it passes by, and just pisses everyone off in general because it screwed up the good vibe everyone had goin' on...Then the guy in charge of the show hits it with the hose and it dies a slow and predictable death...

Anyone else see the comparison...??

I don't feel bad for any yrc drivers that i currently KNOW. For the last 3 years I have watched there I am the king attitude on costumers docks. They told me we are to big to ever fold. The costant picking apart of ABF and whoever else. I bit my tongue and said nothing thinking they will get what they deserve some day. I'm not picking everyone apart that works for yrc. Just stating that the ones I know are not worth a ****.:bowdown:
I went through the whole Carolina/ABF fiasco, i went to Romulus Mi. from Toledo..was treated like a red-headed step-kid from the start..gave up 15 years to start over at Toledo Yellow...that said..their are lazy ###holes everwhere. When you "bite your tongue" and say nothing..you allow someone to control you. The word "brotherhood" has been lost..everone seems to be out for themselves...its a shame that you have to feel the way you do...especially when we all belong to the same "union" ..which goes back to what i just said "brotherhood has been lost"

I don't feel bad for any yrc drivers that i currently KNOW. For the last 3 years I have watched there I am the king attitude on costumers docks. They told me we are to big to ever fold. The costant picking apart of ABF and whoever else. I bit my tongue and said nothing thinking they will get what they deserve some day. I'm not picking everyone apart that works for yrc. Just stating that the ones I know are not worth a ****.:bowdown:

some union brother you are........you have to realize if yrc go downs which I doubt, then your pension plan will go down with ours.......BE a "BROTHER".......nuff said....:smilie_132:

I went through the whole Carolina/ABF fiasco, i went to Romulus Mi. from Toledo..was treated like a red-headed step-kid from the start..gave up 15 years to start over at Toledo Yellow...that said..their are lazy ###holes everwhere. When you "bite your tongue" and say nothing..you allow someone to control you. The word "brotherhood" has been lost..everone seems to be out for themselves...its a shame that you have to feel the way you do...especially when we all belong to the same "union" ..which goes back to what i just said "brotherhood has been lost"

Thats why we can't organize anything anywhere. I don't think the Brotherhood is lost. Its just on hold until a later date when we are really suffering.

I worked 7 days a week for $50K a year 5 years ago. I'm guessing it has gone up a little. I'm all for keeping our jobs. I just think that the jobs might move around but still be there in a different capacity. Maybe at wages closer to what I used to make. I don't think its the end of the world. I guess I am too new to be terribly upset.

Guess again. They are lowering their wages, just like YRC, using the bad economy as their excuse. And cutting benefits like crazy. Until you go out there & look like us laid off guys, you have no clue. I finally had to go back to babysitting the phone so I could have insurance for my sick child. That's how bad it is out there. So we'd all better start doing what we can do to try to make YRC the company of choice for customers, give them a reason to use our service rather than one of the others. Some people go to McD's for the dollar hamburger at the drive-thru. But there are still a lot of people still going for the expensive steak with great service in a nice restaurant because it makes them feel good. Maybe instead of everyone running our reputation down, we should try to give customers the confidence to come back to us, & maybe it will get the guys on layoff back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.