Holland | YRC saved

usf3347

TB Lurker
Credits
What happened to all the mesters who voted for a wage reduction. I have not heard alot about that saving jobs at YRC.

It's still worth a try, the alternative was much worse. BTW we are not the only ones laying off, listen to the news. It's bad all over. The competition isn't overflowing with oodles and oodles of freight.
I think it's an attack on the employee free choice act vote coming up in the next few. Kinda like let em see what WE can do!

What happened to all the mesters who voted for a wage reduction. I have not heard alot about that saving jobs at YRC.
Since none of us know for sure that a "no" vote would have shut us down, or a "yes" vote may save the company, we will just have acknowledge that we are still in business, currently.

But, if us so called meesters were correct, our yes vote may have saved tens of thousands of Teamster's jobs. I felt that if my "yes" vote bought us even three more months, it was worth not taking the chance of a shut down.

Just my opinion.

Myself im walking out the door on my last day with my
Head held high knowing that I didn’t beg, plead and whimper,
I didn’t sell out everyone who fell before me or myself trying to save my own butt.
That day is coming soon for me and I know this, I hope to vote no, one last time,
And stand up for myself if we even get a vote on our pension cuts before I am gone.
Life goes on with or without YRC and I won’t live mine in shame.

Big "YES"

QUOTE=Northern Flash;597981]Since none of us know for sure that a "no" vote would have shut us down, or a "yes" vote may save the company, we will just have acknowledge that we are still in business, currently.

But, if us so called meesters were correct, our yes vote may have saved tens of thousands of Teamster's jobs. I felt that if my "yes" vote bought us even three more months, it was worth not taking the chance of a shut down.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

The big "YES" might not have saved all jobs, but guess what,
it saved most jobs. :popcorn:

Have a great life "BRO"

I didn’t sell out everyone who fell before me or myself trying to save my own butt.
That day is coming soon for me and I know this, I hope to vote no, one last time,
And stand up for myself if we even get a vote on our pension cuts before I am gone.

Freefromdat, you can walk out with your head high or low, the truth is that the big "YES VOTE" might not have saved some jobs but as sure as hell it saved most jobs. And if you think that saving jobs is shameful, then you sound like a very selfish individual, and probably very close to pulling the plug.

Have a great life, "BRO"! :popcorn:

I see them down sizing and not going totally out. They just owe way to much money for the banks and investers to let them go under.

Freefromdat, you can walk out with your head high or low, the truth is that the big "YES VOTE" might not have saved some jobs but as sure as hell it saved most jobs. And if you think that saving jobs is shameful, then you sound like a very selfish individual, and probably very close to pulling the plug.

Have a great life, "BRO"! :popcorn:
I don't see anything wrong with being a selfish individual! As far as saving some jobs it might have, but you will never know that it might have saved most jobs. They can do what they want when they want. The contract is long forgotten, now they are just picking away at the rest of it. To think that we all had a back bone behind us is now history. Good luck to Freefromdat, I don't see Sir Ocelot writing out a check to help any of us guys on the east coast here that lost our jobs to feed our families. Be selfish all you want, soon that is all you guys will have is selfishness!!!!!!

I see them down sizing and not going totally out. They just owe way to much money for the banks and investers to let them go under.
The banks don't care. If they are not getting any money right now the least they can do is liquidate their assets and get some money out of them that way. Remember $.25 on the $1.00 is better than not getting anything from YRC.

A-A-Aman, I wish more drivers would think like this. This thing will not stop untill YRCW has new leadership.

To all the guys who say they didn't vote for the pay cuts & say us who did are fools. Why didn't you all leave when it passed ? You sure would have should us fools how proud you are. But no one left untill the got layed off. The way I see it the longer I can stay of unemployment the better. You wont be hurting nobody but yourself. The Big Wigs don't care they got money we don't that is why we punch a clock. I know alot of people will go off on me say I'm a sell out. But that's cool because I know I'm right. No so called hard core Teamster quit when we took a pay cut or will if they take more from us. They are all just venting & it's understandable. If anyone knows of 1 Hard core Teamster that quit when we took the pay cut please post the Terminal he worked at.

because someone didnt want to vote yes you think they should quit?? Your the fool..hear it all the time from management when we have a complaint " you dont like it quit" well :tongue0002: to anyone who says I should quit because I have a complaint. I work well and get paid for it..but I wont sit quiet while I get screwed.
Anyone at newpenn that voted yes at got fooled by lies from management.
And I think the IBT and YRC fooled everyone. They said a pay cut will save the company 200 million!! then its merge yellow roadway ..then its close some of holland..now they want to defer pension payments!!! when the hell does it stop..Tell them to sell their china ::shit:: before they ask us for anymore!! .I hope they come back for another paycut vote..Better believe it wont pass..and if it does i will walk with my 21 years!!!

You are the fool who doesn't understand what is really going on. Would have saved 200 million if we would have had the same freight levels & revenue from the previous yr. Can't save money when everybody is on the pay roll & not enough freight to cover expenses simple math. Where will they get the revenue to cover all that they owe ? No freight so money has to come from some where dip into the cookie jars & any where they can find a dime. That is the reality time to WAKE UP just look at there financial statements all in the red. Cursing at me wont make it better just shows everyone what kind of person you are. I didn't say you should leave I asked why didn't you leave. Go back & read it again very S-L-O-W-L-Y you might catch it if not read it again.

what kind of person ?

You are the fool who doesn't understand what is really going on. Would have saved 200 million if we would have had the same freight levels & revenue from the previous yr. Can't save money when everybody is on the pay roll & not enough freight to cover expenses simple math. Where will they get the revenue to cover all that they owe ? No freight so money has to come from some where dip into the cookie jars & any where they can find a dime. That is the reality time to WAKE UP just look at there financial statements all in the red. Cursing at me wont make it better just shows everyone what kind of person you are. I didn't say you should leave I asked why didn't you leave. Go back & read it again very S-L-O-W-L-Y you might catch it if not read it again.
You don’t seem to understand corporate greed; it has been left unchecked for several
Decades now and millions of workers have paid for it with they’re jobs. Even the American
Flag is now made in china (read it). Hershey chocolate is closing plants, to be made in Mexico, American blue jeans are not made here, apple pie is all we got left. Financial statements? Are you kidding me? Go back and S-L-O-W-L-Y look at the history of the American middle class over the past thirty years and YOU Might catch on. We are being sold
Out for corporate profit and absolutely no one has made a stand. Be proud and make a stand for once even in the face of certain death. Or, you could just tell bill zollers who made
Over $5 mill last year and every other 7 figure salary exec that you don’t feel you’ve givin
Enough and please take more for the cause. YOU wake up and smell Mexican trucks and
Part time casuals. Good luck at the apple pie small business job. "you are the fool who doesnt understand".

Opinions.

We all need to step back and realize that we are all in this mess together. But don't forget that we are all entitled to our opinions. It it totally understandable to see all of this frustration being aired out. But it doesn't do any of us any good to bash the opposing opinions. None of us knew (and still don't know) what the final plan here is. Since we are still in business, we should be thankful that we do still have a job with this crappy economy. Just remember that we are all entitled to our opinions, even if some are total opposites of each other. We are all frustrated with what we are witnessing, but most of us are willing to ride this train, until it jumps the tracks. Hope for the best.

I understand compleatly it all started with deregulation Reagan & daddy Bush. This mess is mostly theres you just keep voting for millioners they have your best interest at heart SUCKER ! Crying & going off on me wont change things. You tell me to wake & take a stand LEAD the way Colonel Sanders. What are you doing to change things besides whining on here ? Have you started some grass roots movement to change to the way the system is run ? Do you have a magic wand you can wave to stop all the greed ? No just ranting off like me on a board with other guys who have some time to kill. That is the REAL TRUTH !