Yellow | YRC, Teamsters float trial work rule balloons in advance of NMFA contract talks

No one will be getting in line at McDonalds with a CDL stupid hindu dot head I can find another job within minutes!
logo-color-sm.png

SJheadshotgray-cropped-e1536844363459-200x200.jpg

Satish Jindel
PRESIDENT/PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT
Satish has 30+ years of experience in the transportation/logistics industry that includes a major role in the start-up and expansion of RPS (now FedEx Ground). Satish has directed client assignments on corporate turnaround, industry benchmark studies, new products and services, and valuation on M&A deals for strategic and private equity investors. He has correctly forecast many industry and company trends. Satish is frequently quoted and published in national publications and trade journals and is a regular guest speaker at conferences. Satish has three masters’ degrees from The University of Pennsylvania including a MBA from the Wharton School.

Mr. Satish Jindel , quick question for you , IF your company S.J. Consulting , comes in Friday and says Mr. Jindel we are taking -15% of your paycheck weekly & a weeks vacation & cutting pension payments how happy would you be Mr. Jindel ??? and Mr Jindel have you every drove a Semi truck or know difference between a 5th wheel & a steering wheel ?? So where does your EXPERT knowledge of trucking come from ????

Mr. Satish Jindel , quick question for you , IF your company S.J. Consulting , comes in Friday and says Mr. Jindel we are taking -15% of your paycheck weekly & a weeks vacation & cutting pension payments how happy would you be Mr. Jindel ??? and Mr Jindel have you every drove a Semi truck or know difference between a 5th wheel & a steering wheel ?? So where does your EXPERT knowledge of trucking come from ????

He calls me every weekend Wong.

I agree with this guy. Relax some of the work rules and give us a decent raise. It's a win win.

I also agree with the McDonald's analogy. It is 100% true for dock workers. And partially true for cdl holders.

The part he and management are missing is the cost to the company of low moral. That is the biggest issue in retaining new employees. IMO. When I was a new driver I got nothing but encouragement from the old drivers and constant reminders of how good this job is. Now the Old Guard is basically telling the newbies to quit.

There are two reasons YRC has problems at some terminals retaining drivers

1 low moral and
2 The way they dispatch

Those two issues only involve pay indirectly.

I agree with this guy. Relax some of the work rules and give us a decent raise. It's a win win.

I also agree with the McDonald's analogy. It is 100% true for dock workers. And partially true for cdl holders.

The part he and management are missing is the cost to the company of low moral. That is the biggest issue in retaining new employees. IMO. When I was a new driver I got nothing but encouragement from the old drivers and constant reminders of how good this job is. Now the Old Guard is basically telling the newbies to quit.

1 low moral and
2 The way they dispatch

Ok, Relaxed work rules ? 1st step would be to have the SAME work rules at ALL barns , every barn has it's OWN set of work rules :6788:

Ok, Relaxed work rules ? 1st step would be to have the SAME work rules at ALL barns , every barn has it's OWN set of work rules :6788:
And at my barn there’s different work rules between departments. Heck there’s different work rules depending on the day of the week. Seems to be whatever suits the company best that day.

I and stewards before me, have worked very hard establishing some work rules unique to our barn. They have provided and now maintain a better morale and more positive environment.

EoLs tend to be more flexible. If we stuck to some of the antiquated work rules, I might never get home, nor finish much of the work associated with my bid.

After 26 yrs and 10 yrs of BS..I don't let them dictate ::shit::..I pretty much tell them what I will do and how it will be done..I take off work 1 or 2 days a week with no notes etc..I tell them 10 yrs of give backs Im entitled to take off when ever I want..
I've been in my terminal managers face literally with co workkwrs in shock..I point to new tractors and tell them I paid for it I will use it..I do not take their ::shit:: period..I have them to the point where none of them even want to attempt to give me orders rules..

**** all the rules this aint grade school..This is my life they have ****ed with..I don't owe them ::shit::..Period....I have no respect anymore at all..They want it they earn it..I'm pretty sure this is the attitude one must have considering the ::shit:: thats been dealt..
The union thats another subject for later..I will say this if the contract sucks which we will find out..I will stop paying dues immediately...

Alot folks are scared and younger its all they know,it's sad...
It's not about the money really..It's about corp.greed and the equal sacrifice bull ::shit:: thats been brainwashed into people..Shady dealings with the union..

Paycheck to paycheck basically..
You honestly think CEO's are living like we are...Get the **** outta here..

People WAKE THE **** UP, seriously...

I'm waiting for our contract..I will say that,who isn't..But I'm also not scared of a new beginning or the unknown...

Last week our terminal manager spent $6000 on a smoking area..People been smoking outside anyways..lol

Sack the **** up people..

1 low moral and
2 The way they dispatch

Relax what rules. The guys running long are the only ones allowed to reset, but they are the only ones making miles " making Money." And the rest of us with all the ::shit:: runs still make no money. We are suppose to be teamsters. Every coo, every work mou, it is all about what the MEsters can get!

Ahole at my terminal wont leave a bid alone. Hes a 1st time tm tries to bully people with his tatoos and former mp job.

Can someone answer this. Why cant we have runs like ups where same guy goes daily. He knows the route the customers the area etc. Changing the bid multiple times a year and a daily local bid gives the customer no continuity.

I like the idea of a 401k with match. The pensions are insolvent. 3% match would be ideal.

As long as the teamsters penalize my retirement I stay and penalize YRC. We all know there has never been a trucking company take wage cuts and survive. I feel sorry for those that don’t have a CDL but this was a plan to destroy the union and it has worked. Now how can I stop paying dues every little bit helps.

As long as the teamsters penalize my retirement I stay and penalize YRC. We all know there has never been a trucking company take wage cuts and survive. I feel sorry for those that don’t have a CDL but this was a plan to destroy the union and it has worked. Now how can I stop paying dues every little bit helps.

Let's see how much of a man you are, just refuse to pay your dues. Talk is cheap.

dont be mad at the union. instead be mad at the people (fellow coworkers) who voted the deal in on the 2nd vote. if you would have said no again they had no plan and they wouldn't have gone into bankruptcy. stick to the plan this time vote no and never mind that 8am gravy bid you got.

I and stewards before me, have worked very hard establishing some work rules unique to our barn. They have provided and now maintain a better morale and more positive environment.

EoLs tend to be more flexible. If we stuck to some of the antiquated work rules, I might never get home, nor finish much of the work associated with my bid.
I had a steward pull out the contract book and show it to the TM when I worked at Preston. The TM said (while pointing to a row of file cabinets lining the wall): "That book is not your contract. Those file cabinets are your contract."

Every sentence in the book begins :Unless mutually agreed to otherwise."

Check all the above for my reasons for retiring .
I'm partially retired now. Lol.
And you know what?
I don't :censored: miss it!
But I have to keep my insurance up a few more weeks.
:1036316054:
Last time Wong and I were at 565, 3 of your break room buddy’s said you only moved 2.5 bills an hour the last 5 years? What’s that all about?