Yellow | Yrc The Cancer Of The Trucking Industry

Gentlemen (and ladies too): This thread has been ongoing for years now. Here's today's reality as I see it-this company is dying a slow and painful death. The "cancer" is wide-spread; it's on both sides of the dispatch counter and on both sides of the dock shack. Managers who either can't manage, or who can manage but aren't allowed to. Dockworkers who don't give a rip about taking care of business, but they still want to be paid (example: which bone-head saw that pallet with the "do not stack" pyramid on top of it, then promptly smashed that pyramid by putting a pallet on top of it)? Drivers who don't efficiently do their job, tear up the equipment, goof off when they're supposed to be working, etc. etc. Yard jockeys who are do as little as possible.Mechanics who don't fix trucks correctly.
That's within our ranks. Now, let's consider the people who we pay big bucks to "represent" us, who in reality are not much more than parasites who are representing themselves first and foremost. I know quite a few Teamster officials, and I can count the good ones on one hand. I can assure you, there is at least as much incompetence on Louisiana Avenue as there is on Roe Avenue. You and I are simply the "worker bees" who suffer at the hands of both of the above groups.
I'm still there because my years are in, and I can't see the point of going elsewhere at this point. If the ship sinks, I take my pension (Western States thankfully) and be on my way.

Gentlemen (and ladies too): This thread has been ongoing for years now. Here's today's reality as I see it-this company is dying a slow and painful death. The "cancer" is wide-spread; it's on both sides of the dispatch counter and on both sides of the dock shack. Managers who either can't manage, or who can manage but aren't allowed to. Dockworkers who don't give a rip about taking care of business, but they still want to be paid (example: which bone-head saw that pallet with the "do not stack" pyramid on top of it, then promptly smashed that pyramid by putting a pallet on top of it)? Drivers who don't efficiently do their job, tear up the equipment, goof off when they're supposed to be working, etc. etc. Yard jockeys who are do as little as possible.Mechanics who don't fix trucks correctly.
That's within our ranks. Now, let's consider the people who we pay big bucks to "represent" us, who in reality are not much more than parasites who are representing themselves first and foremost. I know quite a few Teamster officials, and I can count the good ones on one hand. I can assure you, there is at least as much incompetence on Louisiana Avenue as there is on Roe Avenue. You and I are simply the "worker bees" who suffer at the hands of both of the above groups.
I'm still there because my years are in, and I can't see the point of going elsewhere at this point. If the ship sinks, I take my pension (Western States thankfully) and be on my way.
I'm in Central. Took the cuts and left for all the above reasons.
Don't get me wrong.
The outbound crew that was there when I left in January was one of the best grouping of men in quite awhile. And I saw or had been part of the outbound shift since we merged.
But then there is management (a super) who sometimes left before we got to the end of the shift. He just wanted the city frt loaded out and shut the door. Looks great in paper. Pretty sad. Just my perspective. Dock. Cause it's where I was.
As the last 10-11 years has passed I will never ever understand how they stayed afloat because it seems any other company. Even non LTL companies would be out of business for less debt. Mind boggling.
But I'm done with it and couldn't be happier I don't have the responsibility to go in there every day and listen to crap. Or.see the incompetence. I can read it here and see it hasn't and won't change.
Happy.
Happy.
:17142:
P. S.
They are not the cancer of the industry.
They are just their own worst enemy.

Last edited:
Do you really think any of us can work in truckload after being spoiled working for YRC LTL going to hotels or coming home everyday?
OMG! A positive post from you? I’m going home too,as soon as I get in from Willow. Can’t believe how many call offs today. I actually had this thing up to 55 mph so I didn’t run out of hours.

Since January, 2009 each hourly employee who has taken a 15% wage cut has given back to the company roughly $93,500 out of their pocket to keep this disease afloat. With an average of $11,500 dollars on the low side in wage give backs yearly one would assume that the sacrifice was being put to good use, but sadly we see that it has not. :cuss:Sadly our -15% never went to a good cause most went to Upper management Bonuses & Salaries and Golfing Trips for Jamie & Dollar Bill !!
:6788:

Since January, 2009 each hourly employee who has taken a 15% wage cut has given back to the company roughly $93,500 out of their pocket to keep this disease afloat. With an average of $11,500 dollars on the low side in wage give backs yearly one would assume that the sacrifice was being put to good use, but sadly we see that it has not. :cuss:Sadly our -15% never went to a good cause most went to Upper management Bonuses & Salaries and Golfing Trips for Jamie & Dollar Bill !!
Nobody gave anything out of their pocket, get a grip. You/we all agreed to work for a bit less. The money that the company saved on wages went to operating costs to continue in business and keep over 30,000 people employed. Anyone (with a backbone) unhappy with that arrangement could have left at any time to go to a better paying job. End of story.

Wrong. wrong, wrong, do you not stop to think what Jamie's hair could have looked like without your generous contribution?
Just be proud you helped some to maintain a more lavish lifestyle. :violin:

Nobody gave anything out of their pocket, get a grip. You/we all agreed to work for a bit less. The money that the company saved on wages went to operating costs to continue in business and keep over 30,000 people employed. Anyone (with a backbone) unhappy with that arrangement could have left at any time to go to a better paying job. End of story.
I think someone needs to take an early lunch....lol