Yellow | Yrc The Cancer Of The Trucking Industry

I'm always extra grouchy on Thursday mornings till I can have my pizza lunch. It's been a long time since last week's lunch. And besides, I'm out of Midol too. :idunno:
Maybe you should try Brylcreem, a little dab will do you.

Since January, 2009 each hourly employee who has taken a 15% wage cut has given back to the company roughly $93,500 out of their pocket to keep this disease afloat. With an average of $11,500 dollars on the low side in wage give backs yearly one would assume that the sacrifice was being put to good use, but sadly we see that it has not. :cuss:Sadly our -15% never went to a good cause most went to Upper management Bonuses & Salaries and Golfing Trips for Jamie & Dollar Bill !!
:6788:
I don't know where you're getting your math, Wong. For me it was WAY more than that.

That math works out to about $20/hr giving back 15%. $3/hr x 40 hrs = $120 week x 52 weeks $6240 / year x 15 years = $93,600
Thanks, Ex. First, I worked a lot of overtime. Second, the rate was more than $20. I have kept track all of these years. Between wages, retirement default, vacation lost I have "sacrificed" over $300K

Thanks, Ex. First, I worked a lot of overtime. Second, the rate was more than $20. I have kept track all of these years. Between wages, retirement default, vacation lost I have "sacrificed" over $300K
No doubt. I was just working his math backwards and then explaining it forward to show how he arrived at those numbers.

Nobody gave anything out of their pocket, get a grip. You/we all agreed to work for a bit less. The money that the company saved on wages went to operating costs to continue in business and keep over 30,000 people employed. Anyone (with a backbone) unhappy with that arrangement could have left at any time to go to a better paying job. End of story.
Ha Ha , thinking I'm changing my TB name to " Empty Pockets" , because it did come out of my pockets , it's all same old way of viewing it is the glass half full of beet juice or half empty of beet juice ?? But Hey on the bright side you still want to go Fishing on Sat afternoon , we had fun and caught a lot of fish , even with you cheating on the bait by only letting me use -15% less worms & minnows !!

Nobody gave anything out of their pocket, get a grip. You/we all agreed to work for a bit less. The money that the company saved on wages went to operating costs to continue in business and keep over 30,000 people employed. Anyone (with a backbone) unhappy with that arrangement could have left at any time to go to a better paying job. End of story.
You're wasting your time. Your 100% correct assessment that YRC employees were compensated per the labor agreement falls flat. There seems to be no place on this board for logic and truth.
You should, instead, post that all the YRC employees were victims of involuntary servitude. Drivers were chained to the steering wheels and forced to stay at Yellow. Yellow took bottles away from babies and hid money in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland while Teamster families lost their homes. All this while the executives were stealing millions. That will get you dozens of likes!

You're wasting your time. Your 100% correct assessment that YRC employees were compensated per the labor agreement falls flat. There seems to be no place on this board for logic and truth.
You should, instead, post that all the YRC employees were victims of involuntary servitude. Drivers were chained to the steering wheels and forced to stay at Yellow. Yellow took bottles away from babies and hid money in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland while Teamster families lost their homes. All this while the executives were stealing millions. That will get you dozens of likes!
There's a place for logic and truth here. It's just not omnipresent. When presented, it can often come across as tone-deaf at a minimum. Lots of people made sacrifices to try to save the company and are quite bitter because of it. It will take awhile for many of them to realize that those sacrifices were of their own free will and were mutually beneficial.

739321e145cdcad68215e0204bcb32dc.jpg
Sadly our horse 'Trigger" died , he hung on for a long "15" years but yellow jaundice cancer got him ! RIP "Trigger " you tried to save us , one paycheck at time .................:greedy dollars:

Tri, I just saw where NYC is mandating a 75% reduction in "smoky pollutants" that is expected to significantly impact pizzerias. Is Mortio's in trouble??
I don't think so RT, Martio's is in Rockland County (which Manhattanites consider "upstate") not NYC so I think they're good for now. However, some time in the future we'll all be confined to our homes in order to drive down global warming and reduce air pollution and we'll get nutrition from something squeezed from a tube since cows will be banned because they fart too much. :hysterical: