Holland | YRC Wage Reduction & Plan Documents

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING - YRC WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN

Thank you for bearing with me today....I wanted EVERYTHING to be correct for ALL to see!.....KK

8 Pages total....KK

Local 728

I've changed my mind from all my posts from this past week concerning the wage giveback. Considering the alternitives, we need to vote YES on this plan. While I'm not happy giving back $100 per week, it sounds to me like we may be able to save this sinking ship. Let's give it a try. It has to be better than working for $12 somewhere else. So let's think this through and use our heads for a change. When considering how you are going to vote, remember to think of what could happen if we vote no.

i dont know how you do it but your the man kk if it wasnt for you we would still be in the dark up in columbus ohio

I will vote NO. Bill Z. and YRCw's mismanagement has put the Company in this mess. If you give up $100 - $150 per week, what makes you think that they will do any better with your money? There are no stipulations on the money. Even the "do-nothing Congress" was smart enough to turn down the big three when they wanted money without stipulations or a plan for recovery.

The Teamsters arent loosing anything and no money is coming out of the pockets of management. There are too many loopholes/grey areas in the wording " This shall not prevent the Employer from paying variable performance based compensation as the Emploer has paid in the past practice" and "The Employer agrees not to increase wages (including bonuses)" this doesnt say they wont get a bonus! Go to teamsters.org and they are saying this may not be the answer to keep them solvent.

YRC Worldwide (nasdaq: YRCW - news - people )
William Zollars
5,938,000 - this was posted 5/7/07 in Forbes magazine. Is he taking a 10% paycut - lets ask him to work for $1 or get out.

Let it sink

I am not willing to give back over 24,000 dollars over the life of the contract. Maybe cut wages 6 months to a year and revisit it again. This is really bad. If you give it up you will not get it back.

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING - YRC WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN

Thank you for bearing with me today....I wanted EVERYTHING to be correct for ALL to see!.....KK

8 Pages total....KK

Local 728

If the economy turns around prior to 2013 we are stuck with this? Maybe we should review this every year.Sad deal in all this is the same clowns running the circus,seems to me nothing will change, just more of a cushion to make more of the same mistakes.:nutkick:

There's just one problem with everyone that says let it sink...jobs are few and far between right now. I've been laid off more this year than I have worked, so I know what the job market is like (at least in the south)...The way I see it, a 10% pay cut and working for a few more months is better than unemployment. If the company goes down we can at least say we tried...if we don't take this cut and it goes down, what did we do to help it. I would love to see Zollars ousted along with the rest of the board. I don't think they know what they are doing, however, that option was not given to us. So why not ride the horse as long as we can and if this plan works what did we lose? (a few dollars in our pocket - at least it was a job with pay - pay that is much better than the other companies out there)...

One more thing to think about, the companies out there that are hiring are only paying 36-40 cpm...atleast with this plan we are still making a decent wage

Will guys laid off and withdrawn from the union get to vote????

That is a good question that you don't see anywhere in the consesion , call your hall or steward.

But as a employee (even a layed off one) you should still have the right to vote.

(My opinion for what its worth)

Just a thought. When the current contract was voted on, there were people that reported they received ballots that were on layoff, retired and even some Teamsters that were under white paper contracts. I don't know if there was any truth to this but it was reported by several different people, in different areas of the country.

There's just one problem with everyone that says let it sink...jobs are few and far between right now. I've been laid off more this year than I have worked, so I know what the job market is like (at least in the south)...The way I see it, a 10% pay cut and working for a few more months is better than unemployment. If the company goes down we can at least say we tried...if we don't take this cut and it goes down, what did we do to help it. I would love to see Zollars ousted along with the rest of the board. I don't think they know what they are doing, however, that option was not given to us. So why not ride the horse as long as we can and if this plan works what did we lose? (a few dollars in our pocket - at least it was a job with pay - pay that is much better than the other companies out there)...

One more thing to think about, the companies out there that are hiring are only paying 36-40 cpm...atleast with this plan we are still making a decent wage

I agree Snickers and good luck until your called back, Hopefully sooner than later

NO

Will guys laid off and withdrawn from the union get to vote????

If you are carrying a withdrawl card you can not vote, you are still in good standing because your dues are paid up to the time of withdrawal, but you no longer can participate in union matters such as voting.

I've changed my mind from all my posts from this past week concerning the wage giveback. Considering the alternitives, we need to vote YES on this plan. While I'm not happy giving back $100 per week, it sounds to me like we may be able to save this sinking ship. Let's give it a try. It has to be better than working for $12 somewhere else. So let's think this through and use our heads for a change. When considering how you are going to vote, remember to think of what could happen if we vote no.

Moody's cuts YRC Worldwide's debt rating - News Wires - CNBC.com

It may not make a difference

Benny: I received a ballot while I was on layoff from Holland and a friend of mine who has been retired 4 years from Red Star, also got a ballot. How come Hoffa did not take away the use of the preferred carrier provision in the new contract, if Hoffa says he is concerned about the job losses or at least freeze it at the 4% use rate for the remaining 4 1/2 years. I recently heard Fed Ex has started a retaliatory 15 % paycut for their people. So the ***** will still get the freight. What a mess we are all in. Good luck to us Teamsters.

I know what the rules are and I also know what really happens. I expect everyone will get a ballot and even many that shouldn't.

Those are very good questions that I can't answer my friend. I like someone that thinks for himself. It helps us all to think a little better too.

If you are carrying a withdrawl card you can not vote, you are still in good standing because your dues are paid up to the time of withdrawal, but you no longer can participate in union matters such as voting.

Then why did they send us one they could have saved a little money right there.