Yellow | YRC Worldwide 4th Quarter 2013 Fourth Quarter And Full Year Earnings!

A loss as a whole all around at YRC what a surprise! The Regional save the day again and we have a new President of the Company in YRCW Freight division! PEDDLE ON:woot2:

LOL...OK...LOL...No, I will leave the negative comments to the professionals...OK, just one....NOW, you know why they delayed the results until AFTER the ratification!?...
Y'all got hosed!..(sorry, that was 2).....KK

you know why they delayed the results until AFTER the ratification!?...
Y'all got hosed!.

YRCW Freight losing more than $170,000 per day in Q4, while the Regionals made almost $250,000 per day....so who exactly got hosed other than the regional union employees that voted no?

He spends the 4th quarter telling everyone the company is going to shut down and now he is not happy with the numbers.
So Viking, oh sorry, the new regionals are making all the money. Never heard that before.

YRC Worldwide Cuts 2013 Loss To $83.6 Billion!

https://www.joc.com/trucking-logistics

With a new five-year labor contract in place and five years until long-term debt comes due, YRC Worldwide is prepared to focus on improving service, lowering cost and balancing the network at struggling long-haul subsidiary YRC Freight.

As of today, YRC Freight has a new president, Darren Hawkins, formerly senior vice president of sales and marketing. The company also will get new dimensional scanning equipment to help price freight more accurately and much needed new trucks this year.

YRC Worldwide, the fourth-largest U.S. trucking operator, scraped through 2013, increasing annual revenue by less than 1 percent to $4.87 billion as it dropped its net loss by 39 percent to $83.6 million, compared with a $136.5 million net loss in 2012.

Last year was the seventh straight year of net losses for YRC Worldwide. Combined, the less-than-truckload operator’s annual losses since 2007 total $3.1 billion. However, YRC Worldwide also reported its second consecutive annual operating profit — $28.4 million — following a $24.1 million operating profit in 2012.

In the fourth quarter, YRC Worldwide increased revenue 3.3 percent to $1.21 billion and reported an operating loss of $1.6 million, compared with a $30 million operating profit a year ago. Thanks to $39 billion in tax benefits, however, the holding company managed to eke out a $400,000 net profit in the quarter...

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing for sure 1st quater will be a loss the system is soooooo messed up by the weather

Really? Were'nt you a " vote yes or they'll shut down" cheer leaders? The one who couldn't find a job? Even after looking in a mirror for 20 years? One of the posters of doom and gloom?
I would really like to know how you feel, NOT! Anymore words of wisdom you want to share with us?

and your point is ...what does them going to lose money in the first quater whats your point about that .. have you been drug tested lately ........................... well it was a yes vote .............so you will never no if it would have closed ................ I still believe this place wont survive long term..........no one will work here even if it was full wages and benefits your point my vote............ yes or no didn't close or save the company and I really don't care..................... im a semi retired guy for my 20 years I dont work more then 40 hours I make this work for me not yellow aka yrc im not a slave to yrc I have always enjoyed tons of time off and made decent money I have never made more then 65k as a road driver nor do I want to hell I had years i made 45 k lol and no not off cuase of workers comp or fmla

am I reading this right...the bottom line is YRCW( as a whole) made 50 million..in 2013???and the teamsters took another pay cut

am I reading this right...the bottom line is YRCW( as a whole) made 50 million..in 2013???and the teamsters took another pay cut

They lost $83.6MM in 2013.

The approximate $50MM figure you came up with is strictly operating income, it does not account for NON-operating expenses. Which would include 163.9MM in interest