Yellow | YRC Worldwide 4th Quarter 2013 Fourth Quarter And Full Year Earnings!

We had a profitable quarter! I smell a change of operations in the air!

They lost $83.6MM in 2013.

The approximate $50MM figure you came up with is strictly operating income, it does not account for NON-operating expenses. Which would include 163.9MM in interest

I guess I'm looking at different results. YRCF lost $15.4 million in the 4th quarter.

Maybe you are. Did I say YRCF?

Are you sure you are in the correct thread. TC?

Yes, after the last profitable quarter YRCW had they felt the need to streamline the the YRCF opertions with a big COO which actually screwed up things worse than they already where. Now YRCW has had another profitable quarter they may very well feel the need to do it again at YRCF which could be for the better or worse.

Yes, after the last profitable quarter YRCW had they felt the need to streamline the the YRCF opertions with a big COO which actually screwed up things worse than they already where. Now YRCW has had another profitable quarter they may very well feel the need to do it again at YRCF which could be for the better or worse.

What they had was a loss of 1.6 million operational dollars in the 4th quarter of 2013. After a 38.7 million income tax benefit, they had 400,000 of net income in the 4th quarter 2013. This is really nothing to get too excited about.

What they had was a big COO after the last quarter they posted a profit on. That was what the original comment refered to and the explanation of the original comment above. I'm not excited about anything going on at YRCF right now. Sorry if I made it confusing.
What they had was a loss of 1.6 million operational dollars in the 4th quarter of 2013. After a 38.7 million income tax benefit, they had 400,000 of net income in the 4th quarter 2013. This is really nothing to get too excited about.

Management has admitted to making poor choices in the last COO.

Some of those are to be remedied.

Significant changes coming to the LA basin.

:19::19::19:

Other regions, I have no clue.

:coffee1:

"As we move into 2014, we will be focusing our efforts and attention on implementing the changes in our recently ratified Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), solidifying YRC Freight's regimented service cycle, more aggressively managing our yield across our operating companies, investing in our technology and revenue equipment and reengaging our work force," continued Welch.................... You guys watch your back..... Welch is going to reengage you. :couch:

"As we move into 2014, we will be focusing our efforts and attention on implementing the changes in our recently ratified Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), solidifying YRC Freight's regimented service cycle, more aggressively managing our yield across our operating companies, investing in our technology and revenue equipment and reengaging our work force," continued Welch.................... You guys watch your back..... Welch is going to reengage you. :couch:

It's not my back I'm worried about!

:2437::2437::2437: :438: :438: :popcorn:

I am all about being re-engaged.

I am all about being empowered to help us move forward.

I am all about relinquishing a stronghold on the workforce and allowing us to do our jobs without fear of retribution for 'thinking outside the box.'

I am all about TRUSTING the managers that have been put in place to do their jobs while still being held accountable.

I am all about eliminating useless REDUNDANCIES.

I am all about upper management realizing that PRESENTLY this job is not looked at as one that has any remote possibility of being a career.

Elwood, your last point pretty much sums up our dilemma. YRC has become a stepping stone to something better. And the effects of our CRUSHING debt is the root cause. EVERY other symptom stems from debt. For those of us who remain and are committed to principles, the inability to attract AND retain young men and women is clearly one symptom. New employee training is costly if it becomes a regular expense with no product. Dedicated men and women leave and it becomes increasingly difficult to replace them with people of similar qualities.

I am all about being re-engaged.

I am all about being empowered to help us move forward.

I am all about relinquishing a stronghold on the workforce and allowing us to do our jobs without fear of retribution for 'thinking outside the box.'

I am all about TRUSTING the managers that have been put in place to do their jobs while still being held accountable.

I am all about eliminating useless REDUNDANCIES.

I am all about upper management realizing that PRESENTLY this job is not looked at as one that has any remote possibility of being a career.
Be careful how you use that word "empowered". Lots of people out there do not want anything to do with it.

YRCW Freight losing more than $170,000 per day in Q4, while the Regionals made almost $250,000 per day....so who exactly got hosed other than the regional union employees that voted no?

Those that believed they would BK if not passed...hard to BK when you show a profit, all be it a small one....but that means they are turning it around based on the MOU that was in place....so why ask for more concessions, if the present MOU was working?....KK