Yellow | YRC Worldwide Asks For Stay Of Execution

This guy belongs on Yahoo Finance. I find his last paragraph interesting:

No position in YRCW. I know that's difficult for you Teamsters to comprehend, but you folks can't operate at my intellectual level anyway. I really only write for smart people.

I will not click on Istock links due to Alfidi or who ever it was. So tell if I'm right, is this the reason for the post? I'm gonna assume it is and Joe was being TOO polite in his description.

The biggest problem that YRC faces is not that of the Teamster workforce, it is trying to survive something that should never have been done in the first place. That would put this back in Mr Zollars court......

What he fails to mention in his post is how to turn his opinions into profit. If you want to challenge him simply insist that he put his money where his mouth is.

He does have some valid points. Its not the onion members but the so called leadership, or lack of. First, the onion should have fought these buyouts tooth and nail but gave it their blessing. Letting the funds get into such poor financial shape rests on the onion. I sat at onion meetings time and again and listened to them pushing for 5-6 grand a month payouts to members that never had the higher contributions only because the fund was almost fully funded and the calling for more money to be paid into it. I know exactly what they were thinking, more I can get the companies to pay, the more I will get.
Plus of course, no organizing and the companies these smucks did organize were left out of the pensions and when the new contracts would come around what did they do, yup, new hires get 10 cents a hour, and that one is a fact, 25 cents a hour at another. Why to hell bother! Companies with plenty of cash too!
The onion created the uneven playing field and the members always pay the price, not the officials.
Doesn't help having dumba$$ CEOs and management running the company either.
Its not your Father's union anymore, or Hoffa Sr's!!!!

He does have some valid points. Its not the onion members but the so called leadership, or lack of. First, the onion should have fought these buyouts tooth and nail but gave it their blessing. Letting the funds get into such poor financial shape rests on the onion. I sat at onion meetings time and again and listened to them pushing for 5-6 grand a month payouts to members that never had the higher contributions only because the fund was almost fully funded and the calling for more money to be paid into it.
negative, the onion has no legal right to stop any buyouts. You call yourself a lawyer?

negative on the funds..the funds invest to make possible the promises. So they went down. 11 trillion dollars was lost in wealth, pensions and property values not to mention the 150,000 trucking jobs since 2008.
imagesqtbnANd9GcRPu2t_QdyojCIw40S2a.jpg

Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.
Benjamin Franklin:​

negative, the onion has no legal right to stop any buyouts. You call yourself a lawyer?

negative on the funds..the funds invest to make possible the promises. So they went down. 11 trillion dollars was lost in wealth, pensions and property values not to mention the 150,000 trucking jobs since 2008.
imagesqtbnANd9GcRPu2t_QdyojCIw40S2a.jpg

Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.
Benjamin Franklin:​

And you call yourself a wall street banker! No, the onion might not have been able to stop it but they sure could have made it a lot harder and held it up for quite some time. Perhaps by then the banks would have pulled out and 10,000s of jobs would still be here along with 100s of millions being contributed to the funds.
Right, promises that could never be delivered on with the stupid contracts they sign onto, like that pos they gave UPSF just to collect more dues for their drunken spending on outrageous saleries. They lost money in the stock market because they have moronic dreamers managing the funds. There were a number of financial "experts" that were predicting the bust of 2008. Why didn't they sell and put the cash into short term treasuries and buy back into the market at the lowend? When you see $150 a barrel oil a siren should go off in your head just from that. These so call fund smucks have access to the same information as the ones calling a market drop and they dropped the ball for all of us while they live high off the hog.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither"! Benjamin Franklin.

And you call yourself a wall street banker! No, the onion might not have been able to stop it but they sure could have made it a lot harder and held it up for quite some time. Perhaps by then the banks would have pulled out and 10,000s of jobs would still be here along with 100s of millions being contributed to the funds.
Right, promises that could never be delivered on with the stupid contracts they sign onto, like that pos they gave UPSF just to collect more dues for their drunken spending on outrageous saleries. They lost money in the stock market because they have moronic dreamers managing the funds. There were a number of financial "experts" that were predicting the bust of 2008. Why didn't they sell and put the cash into short term treasuries and buy back into the market at the lowend? When you see $150 a barrel oil a siren should go off in your head just from that. These so call fund smucks have access to the same information as the ones calling a market drop and they dropped the ball for all of us while they live high off the hog.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither"! Benjamin Franklin.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTatfMsO5ihK1FZ5loX3.jpg
the carnage would have been worse..Roadway and Yellow wouldn't have made it. Don't forget the Goldman Sachs derivatives that almost brought YRC down. Hoffa blew them away and saved a few jobs on that one. The biggest reason they are still here is because of the concessions and JP Morgan. The funds were required by law to make prudent investments like they were sucking up dimes and nickles around the world till it caved and down everything went

imagesqtbnANd9GcTatfMsO5ihK1FZ5loX3.jpg
the carnage would have been worse..Roadway and Yellow wouldn't have made it. Don't forget the Goldman Sachs derivatives that almost brought YRC down. Hoffa blew them away and saved a few jobs on that one. The biggest reason they are still here is because of the concessions and JP Morgan. The funds were required by law to make prudent investments like they were sucking up dimes and nickles around the world till it caved and down everything went

What!!!! Did you have a little to much to drink :guinesssmilie: on Christmas Eve? Are you wearing that pair of zollar's used underware that you wanted Santa to bring you on your head? At least take that pair of jimmy's off your face, its restricting oxygen flow to your brain!:hysterical:

I admit I do not know enough about the stock market etc... but there is nothing more entertaining than watching truck drivers that are still working for a living or relying on a union pension, argue about what investers or wall street should have done with investments! you should have made millions in a few years instead of driving a truck for 30 years so you could or can retire. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I dont care who you are you have to admit that's funny!

I admit I do not know enough about the stock market etc... but there is nothing more entertaining than watching truck drivers that are still working for a living or relying on a union pension, argue about what investers or wall street should have done with investments! you should have made millions in a few years instead of driving a truck for 30 years so you could or can retire. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! I dont care who you are you have to admit that's funny!

At least non sense joe and I won't get arrested hanging out at the beach taking pictures of girls butts, although I like your avatar! PS: Short this pos stock and make a bundle!

At least non sense joe and I won't get arrested hanging out at the beach taking pictures of girls butts, although I like your avatar! PS: Short this pos stock and make a bundle!

Hey it was my dog! It used to say under it "yeah...Im gonna sniff it" Merry Christmas guys I just had to laugh at the argument this morning. I wish we all made our fortunes on wall street, our backs and the rest of our bodies would probably be better off.