Yellow | YRC Worldwide CFO Leaving

Rumor is that Taylor did not leave on her own accord. They mention of "outside the industry" means that they probably paid her off so she wouldn't go to a competitor (remember Steve Bruffet?).

Many people are jumping ship - Chief Counsel (last November), VP in IT, VP of safety & workers comp, engineers, programmers, analysts, etc. I don't think of it as "rats jumping the ship." The issue has more to do with people being able to go to other companies that have a pension, 401k, bonus and annual pay increases. All those things, and hope for those things in the next 5 years, were taken away from YRCW management with the last contract. I know the "shared sacrifice" seems fair, but that's going to cause some of the best people in management to leave. The job market is coming back, and other places are willing to pay.

CorpOffice

Rumor is that Taylor did not leave on her own accord. They mention of "outside the industry" means that they probably paid her off so she wouldn't go to a competitor (remember Steve Bruffet?).

Many people are jumping ship - Chief Counsel (last November), VP in IT, VP of safety & workers comp, engineers, programmers, analysts, etc. I don't think of it as "rats jumping the ship." The issue has more to do with people being able to go to other companies that have a pension, 401k, bonus and annual pay increases. All those things, and hope for those things in the next 5 years, were taken away from YRCW management with the last contract. I know the "shared sacrifice" seems fair, but that's going to cause some of the best people in management to leave. The job market is coming back, and other places are willing to pay.

CorpOffice
What a shame. Why don't you give them a great big fat old retention bonus? Isn't that the way it's done in the executive world where everyone is just so magnificent, heaven forbid they should leave. They're indispensible. After all, just look at the magnificent job they've done so far. Oh, the humanity. That's right, I forgot, there is no money for retention bonuses. Never mind.