Holland | YRC Worldwide Combines Yellow, Roadway Subsidiaries (Kansas City Star)

J

Jeffs Better Half

YRC Worldwide Inc., the biggest U.S. trucking company, said it will combine the operations of its two largest subsidiaries, Yellow Transportation and Roadway.

More...

They are going to have to build some super terminals cause real estate is limited in some areas and here locally there isn't a terminal location big enough to accommondate the two of us together in one barn.

Wow

I don't know but it sounds like management jobs being lost, but operations still going to be operated indepent or as two companies.

"The company said each subsidiary would retain its brand but the new organization would make them more efficient."

Sounds more like a corporation name change again.
Roadway will remain Roadway just like Yellow will remain Yellow.
Don't read to much into this as a complete merger.

T251

Why was this moved from Yellow (one of the companies involved) to USF (not involved at all)???????

It wasn't moved from the Yellow forum testpilot.
I moved it from the news forum into the forums of all Yellowcorp companies because these employees may be interested in reading about it

I think thats true (Truck drivers make the company money office people cost the company money)

At my terminal we have had a major hiatus of management very recently. Most positions have been eliminated as they are vacated. I wonder why Roadway's president was chosen to lead, and yellow managers are jumping ship. Historically Yellow had always been the better performing company.

Recently we have added casuals without CDL's to our city board (previously %100 CDL qualified) is this happening elsewhere as well?

Yellow jumping ship!

Yellow may have performed better but, Roadway has always made more money. Size does matter and we are the larger company.

i have worked for yellow any the damages are high they miss pickups everyday and no one cares bringback undeliverd freight no problem the side of the old redstar dock they have now looks like sh.. unionmen with no pride of there work hopefuly its only albany not all

Yellow bought Roadway, and Bill Zollars former CEO of Yellow, now runs the whole group. http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=YRCW&script=11905&layout=-6&item_id='EarningsRelease.htm'
Roadway has never made more money and Yellow is the larger company by all measurable factors, according to the companies own data.
I think he was stating that we made more per shipments, which we do. They are alittle bigger then us, but we always were more profitable per say.

Oh by the way, nice posts in the Oak harbor forum.