Yellow | YRC Worldwide says cutting 900 nonunion jobs

(I am from 218/257 aka CVE/RFO) It is amazing that our "new" company YRC, is in reality, barely the size of one of the "legacy" companies before this merger. But at our combined Cleveland facilities, we still have almost everyone in management left from both companies, especially "the big shots". The management cuts that have occured have been minimal and only targeted people on the very bottom of the ranks.

My other observation is that since it takes a minimum of 12 years at our barn to hold any type of a bid position on the dock, 16 years for the bottom of the extra board on road, and 20 years to be a city driver, wouldn't you think that such an experienced work force need less supervision, not more?

Is Dave. B. still riding Uncle Andy L's coat tails? If he still has a job it just goes to show you what kind of a company YRC is. He is a real POS....

politicians wanted yrc and other freight carriers to be in the condition it is in today, greedy politicians get paid off by lobbyists to make favors that hurt the working class, it's modern day corruption and our judges do nothing about it, there should be a good lawyer out there to put an end to this, you know one of those lawyers "looking" for lawsuits, cause it's a moral hazard when people with corporate money tend to pizz it all away to a politician so crap can come in from china and the rest of the world VERY CHEAP while we are paying too much for these products, look at clothing....shirt cost you 10 to 20 bucks at a walmart and it takes some guy from haiti making 300 of them per hour, he gets paid what, 5 cents an hour.....the united state government is to blame for that for allowing that shirt to be imported into this country from third world slavery, we induce slavery outside the usa because of "politics as usual", i think it's time for the world to realize that haitians and people from china can live like americans and the world needs to end this gap, people over in countries like haiti and china need to pay 20 dollars a shirt and make an equivalent of the us min wage so jobs spread out everywhere in the world, not just in those slave labor countries....but this won't happen because the people on top of these corporations will threaten the politicians with no more lobbying pay and politicans choose greed over people

R&L con way estes and others are giving back sick days. holidays, and vaction days. I would not be surprized if they came to us with the same.

All I know is they laid off 10 more Teamsters and no management from the barn I work at, in fact not 1 management position has been eliminated since the merger.

at 309 we actually hired a foreman back a couple months ago who had quit earlier in the year and went to nipsco and then quit or got fired from there, now he gets bumped up to lead foreman no mgmt cuts here

All I know is they laid off 10 more Teamsters and no management from the barn I work at, in fact not 1 management position has been eliminated since the merger.

They've laid a large number of Teamsters off in Charlotte not one manager has lost a job .Got to love it :TR10driving03:

We have three linhaul bosses at 326, Got rid of one of our dispatchers, laid off more drivers I was told 11-6. I can't remember how many. I believe I heard 11 more drivers.

Pat hooley huh? I am working for a **** outfit now....hold on as long as you can though....things could be way worst. I see some crazy ::shit:: where I am now....

It's coming though buddy....the end of YRC is near. I bet you know me....I have a hookup on a better good union job.....going to my second interview tomorrow brother....wish me luck! **** working for some **** *** operation if YRC fails. The union is still strong you just have to know where to look. The old 309 forever