Yellow | YRC Worldwide sells HQ to load up more cash

Analyst Lee Klaskow of Longbow Research, who doesn’t own YRC shares, predicted earnings of 2 cents a share for all of 2010. Silver estimated a return to profitability by the second quarter of 2010.

With any luck and the Good-Lord-Willing maybe.. All I can say is that it has been the worst job I ever had in trucking, but shoulda been the best... Good Luck to those of you still working....

I see that YRC is doing a better job of making hard decisions that the auto makers did. But, will the Teamsters do their share? Will the unions negotiate pensions?

what kind of question is that?.....Teamsters took the 10% cut, layoffs, merging ,.......what the crap do you want?......Are you even a union employee?....Get real.....we all made the sacrafices from managements mistakes.....nuff said......:ranting2::ranting2:

Selling for 22 million...then paying 35 million rent for 10 years, to me thats giving you house away ...and paying 1.3 million a year to live in it ...come on guys ...get some new leadership

I see that YRC is doing a better job of making hard decisions that the auto makers did. But, will the Teamsters do their share? Will the unions negotiate pensions?

Obviously you don't know trucking. If you think YRC has made better decisions than the auto makers, you are sorely mistaken. The IBT master freight agreement is nothing like the UAW agreement. Pensions are not the problem, it's **** pore decision making by upper management. Tell me, how does a CEO like $Bill have an annual salary of just over $7 million but make more than $35 million? I would like to get 5 times my annual salary in bonuses. If this is good decision making, I don't want to work for your company.

Kind of interesting...

Anyone even remotely curious who the latest landlord is? I mean since YRCW refused to name who it is? We will find out between now and the end of June. :shift:

Lets ponder 2 things about our future...

If they had not planned on selling Overland Park many months ago, they would not have registered most of our equipment to Akron, Ohio.

If we were not going to eventually be owned by Estes, why is YRCW selling them our terminals and subcontracting out freight to them, instead of keeping it in house and letting YRC run it. (I am referring to YRC Logistics, which uses Estes instead of us.) How can that be cheaper, unless they ARE subcontracting "In House". So exactly who bought up all that stock that was changing hands and I was harping about many months ago???

Shhhhhhhhh...it's a secret. And I'm not sure I want to know. And yet another waiting game. Hold on for the continuing emotional roller coaster ride.

I wonder if they have thought of selling the remaining tractors and trailers in the fleet? They have laid off to the point we don't have enough drivers to deliver the freight anyhow so why not have the customers we have left come to our leased dock, break out their freight, load it, and go on their merry way? A new concept in ltl trucking. Do it yourself freight.

Hey, don't give FEDEX any more bright ideas. They have enough of them on their own!

to jakebrake333, might have got the spelling wrong, could be rousch, anyway, he's the guy that founded roadway express...

Just think about it for a minute,weren't all the ltl carriers or most of them privately owned in 50's 60's 70's and 80's.and successful I love corperate America,they can screw up a wet dream.Greed is good

Greed is Good

Just think about it for a minute,weren't all the ltl carriers or most of them privately owned in 50's 60's 70's and 80's.and successful I love corperate America,they can screw up a wet dream.Greed is good

I'm with you on that one little al rsel!!!:thumbsup:
A bunch of college boys trying to run blue collar AMERICA,
well, i guess we all see how that's working!
Capitalism at it's finest, corporate america makes a huge cash offer and the private sector businessman cannot turn it down!
And here we are!!!:ranting2::USA::ohmy: