Yellow | YRCW possible takeover

Nice post....That is great info and no rumor, just facts from the article..........

Interesting, but I didn't find it too informative. Pretty much any company is at risk for a take over. It would be nice if they actually had some names of those that "may" be interested. I think at this point it's just conjecture and that the guy who wrote the piece is simply giving his opinion.

Interesting, but I didn't find it too informative. Pretty much any company is at risk for a take over. It would be nice if they actually had some names of those that "may" be interested. I think at this point it's just conjecture and that the guy who wrote the piece is simply giving his opinion.
Something to remember here...........contract time is around the corner. The access to the internet is virtually in everyone's hand. This could be used by YRC to "shake the tree" per se. Bill Z is a smart man, he wouldn't have said "It's always possible, with all the liquidity around, as shown by the bid for Chrysler," unless he was trying to plant a seed or see what reaction he could stir up.

Before the "buy out" of RDWY happened, there wasn't much talk on the street about it, it kinda just happened. At the time everyone was looking to big brown to make a move on us, not #2 little brother Yellow.

I wonder if last contract, or the one before that, if this story would have ever seen the light of day? Unless you actually received Business Week or Reuters I actually agree with the article and had the same thoughts when the stock took the nose dive after first quarter results were announced.

Hate to say it, I liked it when Yellow, RDWY and USF were true competitors, not just "brothers from different mothers". DS.

Well personally I hope DHL does the take-over I think dressing like Ronald McDonald would be cool plus those big clown shoes,, man go to a bar with those on and every lady in the bar will be thinking ( Big Feet???? ):hysterical: :hysterical:
But seriously I believe that is just a sound-bite to throw out because of contract time..

I didn't think it should be a secret so I posted the article without comment.

Without comment for all the reasons you guys point out.

Something to remember here...........contract time is around the corner. The access to the internet is virtually in everyone's hand. This could be used by YRC to "shake the tree" per se. Bill Z is a smart man, he wouldn't have said "It's always possible, with all the liquidity around, as shown by the bid for Chrysler," unless he was trying to plant a seed or see what reaction he could stir up.

Before the "buy out" of RDWY happened, there wasn't much talk on the street about it, it kinda just happened. At the time everyone was looking to big brown to make a move on us, not #2 little brother Yellow.

I wonder if last contract, or the one before that, if this story would have ever seen the light of day? Unless you actually received Business Week or Reuters I actually agree with the article and had the same thoughts when the stock took the nose dive after first quarter results were announced.

Hate to say it, I liked it when Yellow, RDWY and USF were true competitors, not just "brothers from different mothers". DS.
If you have a Yahoo account, and have yrcw listed in a portfolio(in my Yahoo), you get news and updates about the company. AKA Reuters and business week, as well as company postings. Just a little info for ya.

Indeed when Yell bought Road there wasn't a hint. Why there was even a post buy video with S-t-a-l-e-y surmissing that no one was more surprised than him about the purchase??Pleaseeeeee. He should have gotten an Academy award for that performance.

This could be just a ploy by $ollars to increase the share price..., let a little leak out to stir the share price up, but true enough, everything is for sale for the right price.

Indeed when Yell bought Road there wasn't a hint. Why there was even a post buy video with S-t-a-l-e-y surmissing that no one was more surprised than him about the purchase??Pleaseeeeee. He should have gotten an Academy award for that performance.

Staley was at my terminal (187) shortly after the buyout and told us it could have gone either way. Personally, I would have preffered if Roadway had bought Yellow instead. Just too much bad taste in my mouth left over from my Preston days.

Look at the purchase this way. Roadway stock holders got 1 yellow stock and @ $25 cash. The price of the new company stock went up to what Roadway was selling for before the purchase. Roadway stock holders basically kept the same amount of stock at the same price and got the cash in hand. Yellow stock holders had the stock almost double in price.
If Roadway had bought Yellow, Yellow stock holders would have gotten 1/2 share of the new company for every 1 share of Yellow stock they had. Which then would have almost doubled their money within a year. While the Roadway stock holders would have really gained nothing just lost stock price since the purchase.
I personally think this is why you see still Roadway in the parent company name. I it was all done to benefit the stockholders.

Look at the purchase this way. Roadway stock holders got 1 yellow stock and @ $25 cash. The price of the new company stock went up to what Roadway was selling for before the purchase. Roadway stock holders basically kept the same amount of stock at the same price and got the cash in hand. Yellow stock holders had the stock almost double in price.
If Roadway had bought Yellow, Yellow stock holders would have gotten 1/2 share of the new company for every 1 share of Yellow stock they had. Which then would have almost doubled their money within a year. While the Roadway stock holders would have really gained nothing just lost stock price since the purchase.
I personally think this is why you see still Roadway in the parent company name. I it was all done to benefit the stockholders.
that was part 1 part 2 was yrc then came a new holding company called yrcw yellow freight is in the same position as us right now
if a terminal of yellows does not perform but a roadway does it makes sense to use the roadway and vis versa....

before you start selling your house or anything go to reuters home page and search for this keyword " yrc worldwide ceo says no takeover approach" and read the article. Im sorry im not skilled enough to post the link

I still belive that most of this gets rummored out into public just to drive up stock prices. Its contract time and this is a clasic way of telling the teamsters we are broke. BOO HOO.

Dont worry about it so much. Things have a way of working out for the best.

Exactly as I thought. The stock took a nose dive at the opening bell this morning. Just the good ol rummor mill.

Well personally I hope DHL does the take-over I think dressing like Ronald McDonald would be cool plus those big clown shoes,, man go to a bar with those on and every lady in the bar will be thinking ( Big Feet???? ):hysterical: :hysterical:
But seriously I believe that is just a sound-bite to throw out because of contract time..

tramp1155 :1036316054:

I didn't know you were looking forward to speaking German. It's a very hard language.
But not to worry, because if DHL buys anybody it'll be Con-Way.
Daimler-Benz already lost 39 billion dollars buying Chrysler, just so they can dump it for a song to get from under the pension liabilities.
I don't think DHL would be stupid enough to repeat the same mistake by buying YRCW.
On the other hand Yellow is going big time in China. The Chinese government has trillions of dollars just burning a hole in their pockets. I think the Chinese will buy YRCW before DHL does.
Take it to the bank.
:smilie_132:

On the other hand Yellow is going big time in China............................................................................... Just to get it straight, Yellow does not own anything. They are 1 of 10 companies under YRCW. Yellow does not call any shots. They are pawns like the rest of us.Not getting on you or anything. I just get tired of people saying Yellow owns everyone.......

On the other hand Yellow is going big time in China............................................................................... Just to get it straight, Yellow does not own anything. They are 1 of 10 companies under YRCW. Yellow does not call any shots. They are pawns like the rest of us.Not getting on you or anything. I just get tired of people saying Yellow owns everyone.......

christopher3573 :1036316054:

I understand you Roadway folks still want to stay relevant. But since Roadway Services spun off Roadway Express they just unloaded their liability to Yellow, knowing that there wasn't much future value, otherwise why get rid of it.