Yellow | Yrcw seeks economic relief from teamsters!

I understand we dont pay up front for insurance however the co pays and out of pocket is getting larger. The copays are diffrent on the management side depending on what coverage you choose. Most people situations change over the years with kids and sickness and a whole range of illness. Since you would get to switch your coverage every year you could change what fits your familys needs. diffrent cost for diffrent coverage. It truly is a better option.

It might be a better option, but I pay 200.00 per month for what I get and still have copays. However I have said for some time that we should all be under the same deal. Probably would be better and cheaper for all.

has any check to see if yrcw is up on there h/w payments with c/s that will tell how bad yrcw really is.and thats one of the first thing they stop paying first to. and you don't know a thing about it we didn't know

!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah when they lead by example ..............Especially $$BILL$$ and the rest of the high dollar leaders............... Maybe then just maybe will I listen to this bullS..it! Don't ask the hard working Teamster backbone to give back............... Find another way. Like try to get more freight, make the salesmen earn their keep. This is a trucking company , run it like one! Maybe Yrc should have never bought the USF companies or even the chineese forwarding co. They should make sure their house is in good shape before they add on the 20 x 40 home theatre!:butt kiss:

Sorry but I just had to vent!!:TR10driving03:

has any check to see if yrcw is up on there h/w payments with c/s that will tell how bad yrcw really is.and thats one of the first thing they stop paying first to. and you don't know a thing about it we didn't know

There is a notice at 120 on one of the boards dated 10/30/08 that we are up to date on loans and financially secure

It was explained like this to me: There is a big difference between airline's and trucking while in chaper 11. Airlines will not generally leave people stranded. People generally get on and off planes the same day. Where as with freight companies it takes 2-5 days generally to move a customers shipment accross the country, which at anytime that freight company could belly up stranding thousands and thousands of dollars worth of customers freight for days, weeks if not months. Frankly customers are not willing to take that chance. The momement a freight company files for chapter 11 they will loose 50% of there business, the next day they will loose the other 50%. Hope this helps.

Well than why not fill chapter 11 on USF. YR could get the freight.

Well that is just great!

Well than why not fill chapter 11 on USF. YR could get the freight.

Truckinokie and I are enjoying a day fishing in the Gulf, We are attacked by a Shark, the Shark says I want only one of you today, I am hungry. Truckinokie, says " Sorry about your luck ESP", and throws me overboard :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Maybe Yrc should have never bought the USF companies"

Although I wish daily that YRC would never have bought us (USF). YRC would in all likelyhood have asked for major concessions at contract time. YRC extracts approx 150 MILLION per year from USF. Take that away form YRC's bottom line last year and YRC would have lost over 300 MILLION dollars. USF Holland on the other hand, lost 5 million after YRC took 50 million of the top. If you know anything about Holland (the company I work for) you know we were a thriving, growing, profitable company for 75+ years till we were bought out. MY terminal alone has have 90 drivers laid off in the last year. YRC has systematically instituted YRC here and gutted us. We do it differently than YRC and they can not figure that out.

YRC's problem is not the subsidiaries, nor our wages. It is gross mismanagement!! They cannot run YRC let alone any of the subsidiaries. The same day the International announced it was negotiating with YRC, YRC announced that they were buying back over 200 million dollars worth of stock. And they can't afford our wages....

If we allow our leadership to accept concessions without throwing the ENTIRE International out of office, we get what we deserve.

"Maybe Yrc should have never bought the USF companies"

Although I wish daily that YRC would never have bought us (USF). YRC would in all likelyhood have asked for major concessions at contract time. YRC extracts approx 150 MILLION per year from USF. Take that away form YRC's bottom line last year and YRC would have lost over 300 MILLION dollars. USF Holland on the other hand, lost 5 million after YRC took 50 million of the top. If you know anything about Holland (the company I work for) you know we were a thriving, growing, profitable company for 75+ years till we were bought out. MY terminal alone has have 90 drivers laid off in the last year. YRC has systematically instituted YRC here and gutted us. We do it differently than YRC and they can not figure that out.

YRC's problem is not the subsidiaries, nor our wages. It is gross mismanagement!! They cannot run YRC let alone any of the subsidiaries. The same day the International announced it was negotiating with YRC, YRC announced that they were buying back over 200 million dollars worth of stock. And they can't afford our wages....

If we allow our leadership to accept concessions without throwing the ENTIRE International out of office, we get what we deserve.
Well said , many forget that Holland is , was , and still could be profitable. When YRC purchased USF they did so for Holland , after all it was Holland for the most part who payed the freight for USF as they do now for YRC. As you mentioned you take away what Holland pays and the rest of the cards fall even faster.

Holland shows in the Red primarily due to what it pays YRC , even though we are one big unhappy family we need to remember that Holland pioneered regional LTL and many have adopted or tried to copy , it was not until YRC tried and has instituted opposite operating procedures that we encountered service problems.

The customer base was and still is loyal due to past practices and rely on the brand for reliability and damage free shipments , that has changed in the last few years.

Again it is miss management that is the over ridding problem for this whole corporation not the work force.

And that goes for all divisions. If they feel the need to cut costs why do they not spin USF divisions off on there own once again like they did with Jevic,Preston are they worried that once that happened customers even in the hard times would return to Holland? And that there source of revenue would be lost?

After all in those 75 years Holland survived depresions,recesions , world war , and other wars including the down turn following 9/11 and was still growing and showing profitability.

Heck to see that happen I think most USF/Holland employees would take a $5-6 decrease with stock options.

I'll try to put a little positive spin on this. 2631 pointed out in the union-non union forum that a wage cut by YRC would reduce substantially any non-union price edge. In order for them to retain that edge, they would have to cut pay as well. This would go over like a lead balloon, which could speed up their desire to organize, especially if the EFCA gets passed.

And one more thing to consider. With prices on so many things dropping, a lot in many cases, your dollars will go further. If you look at YRC's financials, they have huge accounts receivables. In other words, their customers aren't paying them very quickly, limiting cash flow. And with lending frozen right now, they cannot get their hands on the money they need to conduct day-to-day business, including meeting payroll. This is a problem throughout the country right now. So while they have made some poor business decisions recently, they are not entirely responsible for the situation they find themselves in right now. This is why you are seeing all these bailout attempts being made.

Your immediate concern is that YRC remain afloat, naturally. But conditions are critical throughout the world. I heard yesterday that 2/3rds of the toy factories in China are closed down. And the report said that they need to generate 20-million jobs a year to keep up with population growth. There are riots occurring over there right now. And Russia's economy is in way worse shape than ours. So as bad off as we are, our enemies are even hurting more. I don't feel any sympathy. I do feel for all of you, and am praying for the best. And this may all seem irrelevant, but it is all very inter-connected. If China ain't making toys, you aren't hauling them. People aren't buying stuff, so you aren't hauling stuff. This is a helluva mess.