Yellow | YRCW To Cut $100M In Job Costs

It wasn't like this wasn't expected, what with the contract coming up in April. They are going to cry poor mouth until they get the concessions they want. This has been union busting from the day Yellow bought Roadway and USF.

I can't get a good read on the situation. I don't think it has anything to do with just one thing, rather a combination of many things. It may also be a "crime of oppurtunity," if you will, with the economy in the state it is. Just don't know, I guess time will tell.

Was also wondering what co. That YRC owns is considered YRC National? This is the first time I've even heard the name YRC national. Does anyone know what co. they are or used to be?

Did'nt they rename Meridian IQ YRC National? Or I think I heard that when they finally merge Yellow & Roadway that's what we'll be called, no more Yellow or Roadway, just YRC National. Anyways, we've been seing the YRC rigs out here in the SF Bay Area. 53 footers with a white tractor and the YRC logo all the way around. It's a trip to see that logo on a truck! Sure hope it's a good omen...

I do not know how this ride ends, but I do know I have been blessed to share this ride with some of the most amazing people in the world!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
George S. Patton

YRC National is the longhaul carrier's Yellow and Roadway. They don't report earnings separate anymore; they combine them and report them as YRC National. Meridian IQ was renamed to YRC logistic and the rest of the carriers are the regionals.

How can companies have mass layoffs to cover their profit?
They have to service all of their customers to keep them.
Hello, Trucking companies need their workers to make pickups,and deliveries.

Most companies have a product they are producing,where as Trucking companies have to move these products others produce to make their money.
So their product is service,they can't just cut their labor force to save them money.

I think they would be a lot better off starting at the top of the corporate ladder.
Trim the CEO's pay check,and stock options.
See if theres some managers they can give the boot to.

But to cut out the ones doing the actual work is to cut their own throats.

How can companies have mass layoffs to cover their profit?
They have to service all of their customers to keep them.
Hello, Trucking companies need their workers to make pickups,and deliveries.

Most companies have a product they are producing,where as Trucking companies have to move these products others produce to make their money.
So their product is service,they can't just cut their labor force to save them money.

I think they would be a lot better off starting at the top of the corporate ladder.
Trim the CEO's pay check,and stock options.
See if theres some managers they can give the boot to.

But to cut out the ones doing the actual work is to cut their own throats.

BINGO!!! Sort of like CF. You know these high rollers have friends in OTHER high places (other companies) and they can get filthy rich while running this purposely into the ground....:hide:

i believe all the regionals will eventually become one company therefore eliminating their integration problems as they put it.

can anyone be clear on who exactly is losing money ? i understand that all carriers, union or not, are slow right about now but is there anyone out there who can pin point who's fu*king up in the Regional dept. ?