Yellow | YRCW To Match 401K Contributions According to Fidelity!

According to a posting on the Fidelity Net Benefits Website, YRCW will start matching non-union hourly and salaried employees contributions to the YRCW 401K Plan starting in April of 2015!

This match is 50 Cents for every $1.00 up to a 2 % pretax deferral election of money an employee puts in this 401 plan

At $40,000, 2% would be $800 so a match would be $400.00 for the whole year

So the total retirement / 401 benefit would only be $400.00

This match is 50 Cents for every $1.00 up to a 2 % pretax deferral election of money an employee puts in this 401 plan

Not much....

Above the seats in the US Capitol Building is a mural of famous historical lawmakers. They all look inward toward one man in the middle- Moses.

'Thou Shalt Not covet thy neighbor's ox, nor his ass, nor his wife, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.'

Works for me...
Maybe we should give back our 25% pension contribution and let mgmt have that too!!

So that calculates to about twenty cents an hour for a non union 401k retirement contribution? DB plan is frozen and has been for five years or more I think. No one should book any retirement cruise just yet...

RvMBsJR.jpg

For Brother Teamsters, of course. BUT- for a Big Money Cayman Island Law Firm, I charge. Everybody knows, I'm a Capitalist....
I would wager that Elwood will have some say on how much of the 15 percent $$$$ held in his weekend bank of employment job will be dealt to those slug management people??????

Well guys Laugh all you want , BUT here we are getting screwed again ,and you guys are Ok with it , and of course the union will say oh that's OK too !!! , with CSF going broke , they should maybe doing a 401-k match for the DRIVER'S too ??? so you fellows just keep on keep on working them 60 plus hr weeks as the yellow pig needs that money to keep paying bigger bonuses this year !! so Have a Great Day and keep on trucking !! 10-4 Big Buddy !!!!

Well guys Laugh all you want , BUT here we are getting screwed again ,and you guys are Ok with it , and of course the union will say oh that's OK too !!! , with CSF going broke , they should maybe doing a 401-k match for the DRIVER'S too ??? so you fellows just keep on keep on working them 60 plus hr weeks as the yellow pig needs that money to keep paying bigger bonuses this year !! so Have a Great Day and keep on trucking !! 10-4 Big Buddy !!!!
Patience Grasshopper. Patience.

It is easy to be Ok with it when you don't even work there. We all got fleeced but fleecing us is the companies job and I don't blame them for owning up to their reputations. But we do have a union that helped with the fleecing and with that I have a serious problem. When a product is bad nobody buys it and not too many are buying into the Teamsters Union these days. And those that are buying have no idea what they are in for. Uniforms, raises for management and more to come I am sure. Have you guys gotten any profit bonuses? We haven't and I don't anticipate any. But then I never did.

We need to stop throwing the 25% in the toilet, and start getting it put into wages or 401k.....

Total plan participants 10,414.
So $400 x 10,414 = $4,165,600 for the YEAR!
Wow, that $4,165,600 won't make a tear in a salty sea. For non-union EMPLOYEES who had NO role in defining the terms of the MOU's.
All this complaining is disgraceful.

For Brother Teamsters, of course. BUT- for a Big Money Cayman Island Law Firm, I charge. Everybody knows, I'm a Capitalist....
So you're saying that you are a dues paying member? Is that a union casket hauling shop?

So you're saying that you are a dues paying member? Is that a union casket hauling shop?
Local 135 says I'm paid ahead.
I paid ahead at yellow. When we separated, I told them to keep the money, that I'd be back. Part of my employer is in 135, part is non. The division I'm in is non, and a contract will never pass. I inquired of simply forwarding monthly dues and was told no.

Its obvious you didn't look for a Teamster job in 2008-2009. There weren't any. And with your Meester attitude, you wouldn't have landed one either. Life ain't fair. Deal with it. Thousands of good teamsters had their lives upended with YRCW and the merger plus the economic downturn. I pray it never happens to you...

I actually was offered and considered going to abf. I'm in my 60s. A little too late to go to the bottom of a board, be on call and be first laid off, I'd say. I'll finish out my remaining years here. Not my fault yellow merged. Not yours either, so lose your Holier Than Thou attitude.....

This has nothing at all to do with the fact you say I have no standing, while you work for a rival and comment as WE concerning yrc managers...

Last edited:
Everybody needs to be talking to your local BA and then calling Tyson Johnson and Jimmy Hoffa and if that don't work call Hilary Clinton , our next Pres. !!! she will "get-er-done" for us when she is in office !!!

Everybody needs to be talking to your local BA and then calling Tyson Johnson and Jimmy Hoffa and if that don't work call Hilary Clinton , our next Pres. !!! she will "get-er-done" for us when she is in office !!!
Hillary won't win..

5iyvESL.jpg

Hillary replied..."Isn't this "off topic" for this thread?" "By the way, I don't recall seeing any emails
on a company match of 401K contributions at YRCW!" "Maybe my buddy Jim Hoffa can answer
that question?'

:off topic::lmao:
mine was in response to a political comment. Move or delete mine, delete his too...

5iyvESL.jpg

Hillary replied..."Isn't this "off topic" for this thread?" "By the way, I don't recall seeing any emails
on a company match of 401K contributions at YRCW!" "Maybe my buddy Jim Hoffa can answer
that question?'

:off topic::lmao:
Opinion alert,! Opinion alert! Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest!