Yellow | Zip Code COO March 2015.....What's Your Opinion on It?

Here's a question,
Lets say for example we give up a zip code to interline that may see only 2 bills a month. Now, Low and behold, Some Company puts a factory or D.C. center in that zip and now we have the potential of getting a load or two. Do we get that zip code back? Will it stay interlined?
I may have missed the answer but how is that gonna work?
remember how things usually work on a C.O.O. or Contract. Once you give it up it's gone forever!

Most of the time interlining costs more then if we delivered it ourselves.

If an area gained a larger shipper or receiver I would think it would be more profitable to do it ourselves.

Most of the time interlining costs more then if we delivered it ourselves.

If an area gained a larger shipper or receiver I would think it would be more profitable to do it ourselves.
You would be surprised how cheap some companies drivers work. I see at a place I go every day a mostly Ilinois, and surrounding states LTL carrier pickup freight and bring it to Chicago and give it to Roadrunner, who fills a trailer with these types of shipments from outside carriers, then has one of their owner ops pull the trailer to the west coast and they give the shipment there to a third carrier to deliver to customer. Interlined on both ends, plus a linehaul carrier. You wonder how they can handle that with 3 different carriers, and still make any $$$$$

If COOs are to fix a problem, how come we still have them?

COO & Problems that is....KK
Simply because the people that design these changes only know what a computer program tells them, not how to actually move freight. I and many others see it every day. Just move the numbers around a little bit to get the numbers that you can bullshit the higher ups into believing. It amazes me that these people still believe that this company can be run by a computer, not by hard work and knowledge of the business.