Yellow | Zuckerman statement.

No El. All the bids I have held have been the worst. Lol.
Where I am now. I can hold a 4pm. Or 12am.
Been like that my whole time spent here. Now if I did get a decent one it wasn't for long. Month or two. Other than that. Afternoons or midnight. No such thing as mornings or evenings in my world.
:17142:
Pity this fool! :19:
Of the 28 years I spent with Roadway, most of it was on afternoons. Get up when you feel like it, get a few things done around the house, and go work tired on company time. Probably helped my marriage also.

Last edited:
No El. All the bids I have held have been the worst. Lol.
Where I am now. I can hold a 4pm. Or 12am.
Been like that my whole time spent here. Now if I did get a decent one it wasn't for long. Month or two. Other than that. Afternoons or midnight. No such thing as mornings or evenings in my world.
:17142:
Pity this fool! :19:

When I started, having an 0001 start was shunned by everyone at Big R. I loved it. Raised my kids, attended every school function and volunteered in the classroom. Went on field trips, coached sports, had supper and read bedtime stories. Never late or busy.

Later on I worked both I/B and O/B and supplemented with opposite shifts @ Yellow,. Drop in on my way home or to my bid and get 4 hrs Casual for my petty cash.

Bottom of the board when Utility became available, no one wanted it. Made beaucoup coin, even with wage cut and layoffs, and relocation to a distant terminal. 2100 - 0930 5 days.

Now I'm day dock. Best shift ever.

Please don't tell anyone. I would hate to jinx it. :17142:

When I was first hired at Preston, I almost immediately got an 8am start. Found out soon it was because it was middle of summer, and we got in a 45' trailer full of hand unload sort/segregate cartons. Next bid, foreman called me up to bid, and I skipped 10% and signed the last bid. He said 'you didn't even look at what it was, you just signed it. It might be an ugly bid'. I told him I guarantee it's ugly. But it's not 10%!!!! It was Midnight til 10:30am. Picked up my daughter at kindergarten at 11:30, dropped her off at the Babysitter by noon. Got to bed by 12:30. mamma and the kids came home at 3:30, walked in and yelled Wake Up Dad- can't sleep all day!!!!!!!

When I was first hired at Preston, I almost immediately got an 8am start. Found out soon it was because it was middle of summer, and we got in a 45' trailer full of hand unload sort/segregate cartons. Next bid, foreman called me up to bid, and I skipped 10% and signed the last bid. He said 'you didn't even look at what it was, you just signed it. It might be an ugly bid'. I told him I guarantee it's ugly. But it's not 10%!!!! It was Midnight til 10:30am. Picked up my daughter at kindergarten at 11:30, dropped her off at the Babysitter by noon. Got to bed by 12:30. mamma and the kids came home at 3:30, walked in and yelled Wake Up Dad- can't sleep all day!!!!!!!

Plenty of time for 'sleeping' when you're on the other side of the dirt.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne