1 analyst cautious, 1 optimistic following One FedEx announcement

:smiliewhs:

The bottom line is we don't need a union. We need the men and women that drive these trucks city an road to realize their value.

Know that FedEx isn't here to make your life perfect. It is a partnership. They have a business and we have a skill they need for now.

So we need to send a message to corporate that PT is a tool but not a replacement for people you hired.

Definitely believe a massive call out is needed. Two days not one. Stand up professionally and non confrontational. Bring operations to a halt.

So they realize without us there is nothing to manage and nothing for stockholders to invest in.

On the other hand. We as associates need to be good employees. You make it easier to transition to PT if you abuse the attendance policy or FMLA. You know the good old 2fer or doc appointments only Fridays or Mondays.

If we demand the work we better be prepared to do it! Not everyone abuses FMLA, but a majority do. Or employees counting the days till a occurrence falls off so they can call out.

I don't know if we can fix it, but nothing begets nothing...

Be safe all. God bless.
FMLA can only be abused if someone is forging the required form which is completed by a physician. I have had numerous surgeries and covid with the doctor completing the form. If you know anyone abusing FMLA let mgmt know. Forgery is a crime. Can you prove this is happening? You know someone than say something. The majority do this for what's it's meant for. I don't believe the majority abuse this at all. I'm just try to figure how you know this is happening? and how you're going step up and say this is wrong? Don't take it personal. These abusers need to be identified and terminated.

FMLA can only be abused if someone is forging the required form which is completed by a physician. I have had numerous surgeries and covid with the doctor completing the form. If you know anyone abusing FMLA let mgmt know. Forgery is a crime. Can you prove this is happening? You know someone than say something. The majority do this for what's it's meant for. I don't believe the majority abuse this at all. I'm just try to figure how you know this is happening? and how you're going step up and say this is wrong? Don't take it personal. These abusers need to be identified and terminated.
I'm not going into every detail. I promise you it's being abused in Nashville. Ask JKT why they don't have more day runs than the use too. 3 drivers called out FMLA and the TM got a tip. Caught all 3 of them putting their boats in at lake..

I've also seen it abused. People calling out every Friday and people can't do the mandated overtime because of a flare up that happens at hour 6 or 8.

I'm not going into every detail. I promise you it's being abused in Nashville. Ask JKT why they don't have more day runs than the use too. 3 drivers called out FMLA and the TM got a tip. Caught all 3 of them putting their boats in at lake..
Must be in cahoots with their doctor or have dirty knees. Sorry I didn't know we have "criminal" activity happening and other employees knowing this and letting it happen. I don't blame you if you don’t want to get involved. My only suggestion would be if you can't beat them join them because it sure sounds like 3 employees all have the same doctor and a TM that has no problem signing off on FMLA that stipulates boating is some sort of rehab or healing process. Come to think of it open water, fish and a cooler full of beer would just about do everyone good. Thanks Nas hope you can prosper working with all this FMLA being thrown out like candy.
ATTENTION NASHVILLE MANAGEMENT: YOU ARE BEING OFFICIALLY CALLED OUT ON YOUR FREE WILLINGNESS TO APPROVE FMLA FOR RECREATIONAL REASONS. BECAREFUL WHAT YOU APPROVE. SOMEONE OR SOMEBODY IS WATCHING THE SHENANIGANS.

Must have the same Telehealth doctor as Nashville.

You joke, but it's the truth. I'm not saying all FMLA cases are bull, but they're are those that abuse it. I knew a guy that had FMLA for his mother. She had cancer. He called out every Friday citing FMLA. His mother died and he was still taking FMLA days.

I knew another guy that had asthma. He'd use FMLA to get out of overtime doing swaps they put on him. Theres also the guy at the bottom of the board who has a flare up with he's about to be forced out on a run.

Management is aware, but if the paperwork is real they can't prove these things are happening, they have no choice but to turn a blind eye to it.

You joke, but it's the truth. I'm not saying all FMLA cases are bull, but they're are those that abuse it. I knew a guy that had FMLA for his mother. She had cancer. He called out every Friday citing FMLA. His mother died and he was still taking FMLA days.

I knew another guy that had asthma. He'd use FMLA to get out of overtime doing swaps they put on him. Theres also the guy at the bottom of the board who has a flare up with he's about to be forced out on a run.

Management is aware, but if the paperwork is real they can't prove these things are happening, they have no choice but to turn a blind eye to it.
I knew a driver that got FMLA because an extra board driver was passing through every Wednesday and he decided that wasn’t fair. He even told the extra board driver that he did it, and why.

I don't doubt it's happening as you state and those conditions do exist and If they have there appointments scheduled for Fridays or whenever they have a flair up it's still a legitimate condition. For being Friday or whatever day doesnt matter. It's their choice. I would say the majority taking these days and time off would work it so as to best suit them. Correct me if I'm wrong you can only use 12 weeks a year. So if they don't want to come to work wouldn't that possibly help someone that wants to work?. As for death of the grandparent you used as an example who knows why he was granted extra FMLA time that's confidential. Take care brother. I'm good if you are about getting this thread back on topic?

Must be in cahoots with their doctor or have dirty knees. Sorry I didn't know we have "criminal" activity happening and other employees knowing this and letting it happen. I don't blame you if you don’t want to get involved. My only suggestion would be if you can't beat them join them because it sure sounds like 3 employees all have the same doctor and a TM that has no problem signing off on FMLA that stipulates boating is some sort of rehab or healing process. Come to think of it open water, fish and a cooler full of beer would just about do everyone good. Thanks Nas hope you can prosper working with all this FMLA being thrown out like candy.
ATTENTION NASHVILLE MANAGEMENT: YOU ARE BEING OFFICIALLY CALLED OUT ON YOUR FREE WILLINGNESS TO APPROVE FMLA FOR RECREATIONAL REASONS. BECAREFUL WHAT YOU APPROVE. SOMEONE OR SOMEBODY IS WATCHING THE SHENANIGANS.
Different terminal. Jackson Tennessee. They lost runs. Can't remember if driver's lost FMLA.

Water Therapy

This struck a nerve with you DOTFXF!

Management doesn’t need to have a “willingness” to “approve” a Friday Monday Leave Act after the doctor signs off on it. The fact is, FMLA it’s vital to helping provide care for a loved one, or receiving ongoing medical treatment, while avoiding attendance constraints. It’s no secret that it’s often used for dubious reasons by specific drivers…

This whole topic seems a bit moot with the availability of CC days right now…

This struck a nerve with you DOTFXF!

Management doesn’t need to have a “willingness” to “approve” a Friday Monday Leave Act after the doctor signs off on it. The fact is, FMLA it’s vital to helping provide care for a loved one, or receiving ongoing medical treatment, while avoiding attendance constraints. It’s no secret that it’s often used for dubious reasons by specific drivers…

This whole topic seems a bit moot with the availability of CC days right now…
I'm good 👍.
I think everyone covered the good and the bad of medical leave. I'll keep using it for what it's intended for and the one's who are risking their job to get time off it will catch up with you. Good Day