ABF | 15 weeks and crickets.

No rumor is better than false and misleading rumors!! Just keep reminding your fellow workers, there's no need to vote on the first proposal. In 40yrs as a union member and countless contracts, there's never seen one that made me feel like I hit the lottery and that's all there was!!!
There is a need to vote on the first one! There is no need to vote yes, but everyone needs to vote!

No rumor is better than false and misleading rumors!! Just keep reminding your fellow workers, there's no need to vote on the first proposal. In 40yrs as a union member and countless contracts, there's never seen one that made me feel like I hit the lottery and that's all there was!!!
I here yah, that would be like accepting the first offer the car salesman comes back with.

I’m happy the company isn’t coming around crying poor. That’s a decent sign. It’s also good we have a new negotiating team. Hoffa Jr was either on the take or stupid, I’m not sure which one. So our last contract was basically them giving us our week of vacation back. Remember, if they’re offering a signing bonus, they’re paying you to take a bad deal. Other wise that bonus wouldn’t be there.

The whole industry is waiting for Yellow to fold.
No, that is not true. Only folks like you who seemingly enjoy the thought of 30.000 families not having an income. You and all of those like you that have falsely advertised Yellows demise since 2008 Should look in the mirror and see how coming home unemployed tomorrow would affect your family. (But for the grace of God, there I stand), another words, your company could fold tomorrow also.

No, that is not true. Only folks like you who seemingly enjoy the thought of 30.000 families not having an income. You and all of those like you that have falsely advertised Yellows demise since 2008 Should look in the mirror and see how coming home unemployed tomorrow would affect your family. (But for the grace of God, there I stand), another words, your company could fold tomorrow also.
Well said. I still remember like yesterday finding out over a group text message NEMF was done. Hopefully everyone remains employed.

I think that the sentiment is that the competing entities are waiting for Yellow to fold so that they can take their freight. I don’t think he meant that he WANTS to see other Union drivers lose their jobs. At least, that’s MY take on his comment. Maybe he’ll reply to clarify.

China's looking for a few good men.
Maybe you should go there.
It's really business friendly.
Weld you in your apartment building. With Covid.
Genocide you if you're religious.
Gun to your head if not doing as told.

I know it's not popular because you all haul them.
But my company made money not hauling multiple trailers and not stacking freight.
Looking at the ripoff in front of me with Yellow wanting to force us into doubles(they already forced stacked 53's which made us lose money and customers not gain)

My preference would be double pay for doubles and triple for triples.

Since you've all been doing it forever....that might be a rough fight even with you.

But seeing that we need contributors for the pension......at the very least...these companies should be contributing to the pensions for each trailer.
I don't know which funds died...ours locally never had a problem I'm sure northeastern funds died too....but big stuff was illegal here for more years....but it wasn't only closing companies which did it..
Hauling more freight with no contributions probably contributed to the problem.

Maybe pension contributions for purchase transportation usage would be good also.

Eventually automation is coming
Less contributions.

Last edited:
I think that the sentiment is that the competing entities are waiting for Yellow to fold so that they can take their freight. I don’t think he meant that he WANTS to see other Union drivers lose their jobs. At least, that’s MY take on his comment. Maybe he’ll reply to clarify.
I would like to think you were right, but the last 17 years tells me you’re not. I remember working at Yellow in 2008 and having other drivers coming up asking if “Yellow is going out of business”. What kind of person confronts someone concerning his or her job like that. It was always said with the “hope” Yellow would fold. It’s to the point I see it as a victory over the “Yellow Haters” every time they say this and Yellow keeps on trucking.