XPO | 2 XID drivers fired

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
2 drivers from Sidney were fired recently. They got caught up in a D.O.T. check. 1 of them forgot his log book and the other didn't have his last 7 day logs. Both of them recieved tickets and Con-Way canned them. Sounds like a B.S. reason but with CSA2010 on it's way alot of other companys are doing the same thing.

Terminator Tim was supposedly behind these 2 drivers being dismissed. 43 years experience between the both of them.

who really cares?

Nice sentiment...and such a stunning post count of TWO!!! I bet you would care if you in their shoes. What happens to the few can happen to the many...and probably will...

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice sentiment...and such a stunning post count of TWO!!! I bet you would care if you in their shoes. What happens to the few can happen to the many...and probably will...

Rat

Well he is a douchebag unfortunately there's alot of them around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone knows what the rules are, that you are supposed to carry your last 7 days and also a logbook. I have one last thing to say about it. "HERES YOUR SIGN"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like there is more to the story here. If you are a good employee overall, seems odd to get fired over, more like an LOI. If your file if full of LOI's, this could easily be the last straw. Not enough info to pass judgement.

Amazing!!!...

2 drivers from Sidney were fired recently. They got caught up in a D.O.T. check. 1 of them forgot his log book and the other didn't have his last 7 day logs. Both of them recieved tickets and Con-Way canned them. Sounds like a B.S. reason but with CSA2010 on it's way alot of other companys are doing the same thing.

I can attest to this...there is more to this than meets the eye...much, much more!

Rat

That is bull. How can someone get fired over a small mistake.
\

There are so many facets to this it will be hard to comprehend them all.

These are definitely violations of federal DOT laws...that is a given.

And these violations are most definitely worthy of some kind of punitive measure.
These are severe violations to say the least...and are worthy of severe reaction on he part of the company.

Dismissal is not a valid reaction...it is (typical Con-Way) over reaction...

As I have said many times before...everything with this company is a 'crisis' of biblical proportions...and this is proving to be no different.

In order to prove to the government they have an active program under the CSA2010 law they are willing to kick anyone under the bus at anytime...regardless of what repercussions these decisions have on the affected employee.

Con-Way is not employee friendly...nor is it an employee engaged company...and it never will be.

Con-Way only views you as an employee (just look at the some of the stuff on their website...employee this...employee that...no mention of team members) and they are more than willing to dismiss you at any given time when it suits their needs without thought of you or you family...

Con-Way presently doesn't understand and nor will it ever comprehend the importance of employee engagement.

They say all the right words...intiate the programs...portend that those employed are important...but are never willing to go the distance to prove it.

By definition engagement implies empowerment...and Con-Way will have none of it...they want and demand little tin soldiers they can wind up or dismiss at will...

Yes these violations were severe...but are they dismissable offenses???...

Hardly...unless you are Con-Way and have absolutely no comprehension nor willingness to do what it takes to engage and motivate the people in your employ.

Then only thing left is some jerkoff over reaction to these things...all the while patting yourself on the back for a job well done.

And that ain't the half of it.

From my conversations from those domiciled at XID...the TM is a certifiable nutcase. A control freak who gets off on these kinds of scenarios.

It seems XID was merged with another terminal in Nov 08...and many of the original XID folks were slotted down in the seniority list as a result of the merger. The TM apparently holds those from the other terminal responsible for 'screwing' his people...and subsequently treats them like ::shit::.

Those fired were from the 'other' terminal...go figure.

Rat

How did it cost conway? I would guess the drivers were ticketed. They pay the fine . Conway would only be affected by (csa 2010) if there was a DOT insp. Just saying. P.S. Maybe they can save some $$$$$$$ with the 4 or 5 year pay progression and hiring some new low pay low ins coverage drivers......

What if you work city during the week and get a call Saturday to cover a line run? And you don't have the previous 7 logs?

At my SIC you don't need a log for the day unless you work 12+ hours

What if you work city during the week and get a call Saturday to cover a line run? And you don't have the previous 7 logs?

At my SIC you don't need a log for the day unless you work 12+ hours

Your supposed to fill out one of those HOS sheets with the last 7 days.. It's a half sheet of paper where you list the hours used for the last 7 days and when you were last released from duty.. I lost a log book a few weeks back and filled one of those out till my log book caught back up.. CYA..