FedEx Freight | 2019 National Wage Increase 3.3%

going coastal

TB Lurker
Credits
It seems the average wage increase was 3.3 percent for 2019. Several business publications are warning that now is not the time to cut back on compensation budgets. With the changes in health benefits which everyone has different opinions as mentioned in other threads. It just seems odd that Fedex is choosing now on the eve of a revolutionary break through in LTL industry and freight direct that’s surly gonna bring more business and profits than ever that we haven’t been offered a good raise and benefits package to make year 2020 successful.

Although
It seems the average wage increase was 3.3 percent for 2019. Several business publications are warning that now is not the time to cut back on compensation budgets. With the changes in health benefits which everyone has different opinions as mentioned in other threads. It just seems odd that Fedex is choosing now on the eve of a revolutionary break through in LTL industry and freight direct that’s surly gonna bring more business and profits than ever that we haven’t been offered a good raise and benefits package to make year 2020 successful.
I no longer have any skin in the game, but I’m curious why the frustration when y’all don’t even officially know what the raise is yet

Ya when this source has been a member for 6 days and has the inside scoop. I find this subject at best. Sorry original poster give us your facts
It’s true there’s no official news on the wage increase but the insurance benefit information has been released with a few meetings taking place already. You can google average wage increase for 2019 and find several trust worthy articles that rang from 2.5% to 4% for raises. As far as being a member for just a few days as stated in some of my conversations this is the first time after being with Fedex for over 20 years I’m a concerned/upset with our total benefit package. And always get the same reply well there’s other places to work. Why not fight for better wages and insurance at the place you like working.

It’s true there’s no official news on the wage increase but the insurance benefit information has been released with a few meetings taking place already. You can google average wage increase for 2019 and find several trust worthy articles that rang from 2.5% to 4% for raises. As far as being a member for just a few days as stated in some of my conversations this is the first time after being with Fedex for over 20 years I’m a concerned/upset with our total benefit package. And always get the same reply well there’s other places to work. Why not fight for better wages and insurance at the place you like working.
Why speculate on the industry. If you know something from FedEx get to the point. We all know what we don't want to here. Dr. Phil would like to here from you.

Why speculate on the industry. If you know something from FedEx get to the point. We all know what we don't want to here. Dr. Phil would like to here from you.
We are investing in technology freight 2020 and from what the corporate videos in our pre shift meetings keep telling us it’s a game changer in the LTL industry. One would think if we have a game changer more freight and profits would come our way. Why try and separate us from the competition to make less revenue. Freight direct is a premium service for a premium fee which equals more profit. From what the videos explain. So wouldn’t you think with all the investments Fedex would want a good return. If not Dr Phil may need to talk with more than Me.

We are investing in technology freight 2020 and from what the corporate videos in our pre shift meetings keep telling us it’s a game changer in the LTL industry. One would think if we have a game changer more freight and profits would come our way. Why try and separate us from the competition to make less revenue. Freight direct is a premium service for a premium fee which equals more profit. From what the videos explain. So wouldn’t you think with all the investments Fedex would want a good return. If not Dr Phil may need to talk with more than Me.
Monster.com has a good article on wage increases in 2019/2020.

Monster.com has a good article on wage increases in 2019/2020.
It’s true there’s nothing out about our wag
Facts please. Says nothing about FedEx Freight. Please just wait until FedEx releases what the raise actually is.
Just like the title reads national average that means the average of the workers in the United States received a 3.3%. So you would think Fedex could at least fall in line with the national average. No facts on our raise because they haven’t told us.

I'm pretty sure we have gotten nothing in the way past my friends.
I clearly remember the meeting with Sheridan Garrison , he was mad...

All this doom and gloom , I am heavy a investment in FDX. Paid tiny and made large on it. Lots of things hurting the stock but it will be back to it's old self I believe. JMHO...

If one of us is making $61,000/year, a 3.3% increase in pay would be exactly the same amount as the spousal surcharge (that only applies to some with spouses) and the premium increases posted in other posts.

A 3.3% increase (our first in 18 months) would literally be no raise at all at $61k because it is completely offset by the insurance.
Anything less than 3.3% would be a pay cut.

Truly I'm sorry my FDX friend.
FDX doesn't make promises , 22 years = 22 years of lies and deceit.
Add that to worse 20 years of family trucking.....

You might want to reconsider this line of reasoning, because the next best thing sometimes doesn't work out as planned.

One example that rolled out a few years ago is the flat-rate gaylord box option that had fantastic profit margins and was supposed to be a huge hit. Unfortunately it doesn't look like many customers were interested, because the only time I ever see them is when we have to build one for a giant recoup with thousands of loose pieces scattered everywhere.

A more recent example would be the newest attempt at a captive beam system, which I think most of us figured was doomed to fail. I heard a few weeks ago that they have officially stopped ordering new C trailers, and that the beams in the existing ones are supposed to be taken out.

I can see an argument for a raise that is at least on par with the rest of the market, but pointing toward two unproven and costly programs whose leaders insist they'll be game changers doesn't seem like an open and shut case.

A more recent example would be the newest attempt at a captive beam system, which I think most of us figured was doomed to fail. I heard a few weeks ago that they have officially stopped ordering new C trailers, and that the beams in the existing ones are supposed to be taken out.
I pulled trailer P44444 last week. Brand new, manufactured in August 2019. No captive beams.

You might want to reconsider this line of reasoning, because the next best thing sometimes doesn't work out as planned.

One example that rolled out a few years ago is the flat-rate gaylord box option that had fantastic profit margins and was supposed to be a huge hit. Unfortunately it doesn't look like many customers were interested, because the only time I ever see them is when we have to build one for a giant recoup with thousands of loose pieces scattered everywhere.

I can see an argument for a raise that is at least on par with the rest of the market, but pointing toward two unproven and costly programs whose leaders insist they'll be game changers doesn't seem like an open and shut case.
I agree with everything you just said and your examples are true facts I also believe that the freight 2020 will be a money sucking failure along with freight direct. Just saying if everyone with corporate believes it's a game changer we should be getting a game changing wage increase along with not screwing us on the benefits. you get what you pay for.

I agree with everything you just said and your examples are true facts I also believe that the freight 2020 will be a money sucking failure along with freight direct. Just saying if everyone with corporate believes it's a game changer we should be getting a game changing wage increase along with not screwing us on the benefits. you get what you pay for.
You’re putting the cart before the horse...why give a huge raise based on speculation??

Huge? Average is 3.3% with most US companies. Your right maybe let’s not take a pay increase until freight 2020 starts to produce results.
I’m not saying “no increase”, I’m saying this raise should be based on what we just did (FX Corp). Next years raise should be based on this year, and so on...this raise shouldn’t be based on 2020 speculation