TForce | 2023 Contract negotiations.

Your wish list is laughable, especially regarding healthcare/benefits. Non union folks saw cost per paycheck go up 8 fold and you think you are untouchable? Get ready to strike bro. TForce cannot afford to keep benefit package where it was under UPS. Profit is being inflated to make stock price go up. This is all a house of cards, get ready.
Non unions typically pass off all h&w costs to their employees.

Ah Max, the Union cannot specify what freight you handle, but the safe handling of said freight is addressed. For the umpteenth time that is addressed in the TFI published tariffs. It specifies weight restrictions as to what the driver must do and what the consignee is required to provide. That is their own written policies, there are bring-back slips with "no way to unload", customers fault. Don't be afraid to use them.
Many moons ago I had a steel mill on my city route, they would get pallets of fire brick well north of 3000#. We were non-union, they were Union and offered no assistance. I feel the effects every morning when I get up. Years of driving has cost me some part of my hearing also. The trucks today are quiet compared to what we used to run, those flat-back Macks were brutal, and no A.C. If one is unusually loud there is an exhaust problem, red-tag it.
You only get one body, be smart with it.
Those macks we're brutal. 5 speed, no power steering, no a/c, but they did go well over 80 mph.

Those macks we're brutal. 5 speed, no power steering, no a/c, but they did go well over 80 mph.
We didn't know any better. It was an engine with brakes and a steering wheel. Harrisburg to Gaffney, 25 mph up the hill, 75 down. Used to burn up flashers 4 ways on so much.

Judging from his posts, he is a currently or formerly a Central Trollsport employee….the lowest rent LTL co there is. Also seems to be pro company and anti-labor, probably mgt or wanna be mgt. YMMV
Judging from his posts, he is a currently or formerly a Central Trollsport employee….the lowest rent LTL co there is. Also seems to be pro company and anti-labor, probably mgt or wanna be mgt. YMMV
I did work at CT, they suck but pay big $, most recently with UPS Freight/ T-Force. What i wrote above is factual and accurate, you guys have no clue what Alain has in store for you regarding shared burden for healthcare costs. I can promise you TFI ain't going to offer you the same generous contract you recently got from UPS. You don't work for money bags UPS anymore, you now work for a company looking for every dime under the couch cushion.

I did work at CT, they suck but pay big $, most recently with UPS Freight/ T-Force. What i wrote above is factual and accurate, you guys have no clue what Alain has in store for you regarding shared burden for healthcare costs. I can promise you TFI ain't going to offer you the same generous contract you recently got from UPS. You don't work for money bags UPS anymore, you now work for a company looking for every dime under the couch cushion.
That's right stunhsif it's all about the shareholder at tfi

Most of us are smart enough to know they bought this leaky ship with every intent to wring as much profit as they can. When they say we can get the OR below 80 it is coming from all sides labor included. The fact that they haven't trimmed almost any of the bloated and inept management they inherited from UPS, or seem to spend little or no money on maintaining the equipment or facilities tells me Labor will bear the brunt of the cost reduction.
The last contract was beyond bad, 2.5 cents per mile over 5 years, $1 something an hour over 5 years, leaves TForce near the bottom of the Big Carriers in compensation. Granted our healthcare is superb, {thank you Teamsters}, but you are now working harder for less, adjusted for inflation.
My initial post was hoping to spark serious discussion on what we need/want to see next year. If they want to be the best you have to be treated the best, and from my contacts that is not the case.
You all need to unite and send a message that profits before people is not the way to go. If they can divide the workforce again they will surely try for a beat down.
Even though I am out of the picture, I gave the Companies 29 of my best years, I've seen the good, and the bad, the last 15 being the bad. If I can ignite discussion and debate to improve the lives of my Brother and Sister TFI people I will be content.
Feel free to critique my initial proposal and debate what you expect or require.
Most of all stick together or it will end badly.

Then why don’t you enlighten the good people of TForce what they are in store for regarding healthcare cost as you seem to know. You forget one thing. Hoffa no longer runs the Teamsters. There is a new sheriff in town. I doubt O’Brien and team will force a contract on the members like Hoffa did. And I doubt TForce will be willing to allow a strike after just purchasing UPS Freight. They may have bought them below market value, but I doubt they would be willing to risk losing their $800 million investment this early on.

You also have zero idea.
The fact is they can't hire drivers now with or current wages, because everyone else pays more.
There will be little to no change in the first contract.
Ups was never generous. We have gotten ¢ 50 raise a year or less in the last 10 years.
Our health care costs the employees more coinsurance, than that of ups parcel, yellow, and abf.
The reason it is good is because it is administered by our union. Ups only went under team are because under the ACA it is financially beneficial. Ups does nothing out of generosity.

You say you work for TFi/ups freight?
I guess you weren't here when the most generous ups shut down the operation and was a day from closing the doors.
I can think of a lot of words to describe the ups corporation, generous would never be one one them.
This is a company that beg employees to give to the United way, and forces management to give.
Why does a company that makes 7 billion a year in profits, need to shake down it's employees for the united way?
Generous? LMAO!

Generous? Article 44 they ignored was very generous... for the shiny wheels. And the next contract with the split pension... for the employees who didnt break $73,000 FAC. Generous for UPS.

Then there were the Cut Runs and Bump bids, several times a year, and ignoring the 40 hours for 90%ers.

Even if the contract(s) looked good, they have to be enforced.
I remember years ago on these boards, just before the rebrand, a UPS employee stating the current union was in UPS' back pocket. Idk if that was the case, but Im sure no one is going to be in TFI's back pocket. If they clear the docks before the vote it will be *******.

Generous? Article 44 they ignored was very generous... for the shiny wheels. And the next contract with the split pension... for the employees who didnt break $73,000 FAC. Generous for UPS.

Then there were the Cut Runs and Bump bids, several times a year, and ignoring the 40 hours for 90%ers.

Even if the contract(s) looked good, they have to be enforced.
I remember years ago on these boards, just before the rebrand, a UPS employee stating the current union was in UPS' back pocket. Idk if that was the case, but Im sure no one is going to be in TFI's back pocket. If they clear the docks before the vote it will be *******.
For the most part you are correct. IMHO The UPS way of "work first, grieve later" did allow for runaway abuses of our contract. I will agree it was an uphill battle to follow through on legitimate grievances once the delay tactics were over. The problem was if I won a grievance and other Stewards have a similar one, it was signed off as "non precedent setting". I found it difficult at times to network among fellow Stewards to form a common ground for various reasons. If you could get one to Panel you had a good chance of winning. The unwillingness of many people to file is also an issue, UPS was not afraid to intimidate "troublemakers".
The SOB/Zuck team hopefully has a little more desire to hold the Company to it's agreement, the previous slate seemed unwilling to do much. Time will tell.
The fact is that UPS is the greater part of the Teamsters is correct, and hold great power in that.
Several years ago I heard a conference call between a previous SCM and a vice-president. My SCM was being hammered on why something was done the way it was. He told the VP he was following the Union Contract, the VP told him. "Don't you worry about the ffffing Union, we own that ffffing Union".
Just remember that as bad as it seems sometimes, what would it be like here without a Union? At least we have something.

For the most part you are correct. IMHO The UPS way of "work first, grieve later" did allow for runaway abuses of our contract. I will agree it was an uphill battle to follow through on legitimate grievances once the delay tactics were over. The problem was if I won a grievance and other Stewards have a similar one, it was signed off as "non precedent setting". I found it difficult at times to network among fellow Stewards to form a common ground for various reasons. If you could get one to Panel you had a good chance of winning. The unwillingness of many people to file is also an issue, UPS was not afraid to intimidate "troublemakers".
The SOB/Zuck team hopefully has a little more desire to hold the Company to it's agreement, the previous slate seemed unwilling to do much. Time will tell.
The fact is that UPS is the greater part of the Teamsters is correct, and hold great power in that.
Several years ago I heard a conference call between a previous SCM and a vice-president. My SCM was being hammered on why something was done the way it was. He told the VP he was following the Union Contract, the VP told him. "Don't you worry about the ffffing Union, we own that ffffing Union".
Just remember that as bad as it seems sometimes, what would it be like here without a Union? At least we have something.
The stewards did their job as far as im concerned. And yes, you dont want to deal with UPS without a Union. I get that. Our problem is that we were under UPS at the wrong time it seems.

You kinda start to worry when at the first meeting at the union hall you hear... "you guys had your chance to address these problems when you were overnite"

The stewards did their job as far as im concerned. And yes, you dont want to deal with UPS without a Union. I get that. Our problem is that we were under UPS at the wrong time it seems.

You kinda start to worry when at the first meeting at the union hall you hear... "you guys had your chance to address these problems when you were overnite"
I certainly didn't mean the Stewards weren't working to the best of their ability, just that collaboration amongst them is difficult. Just to be clear......
When the Union said small pak couldn't strike with us we had nothing left in the bag.
The Overnite years were the past, the Union should be working towards the future.
I went through a few of the "organizing" campaigns and they were not fun. Cutting airlines, locking the trailer doors, pulling pins, not the way to get my support. There was little guy out of #107, let's call him Joe, he ran me off the road at least once, verbally threatened me, and once elbowed me off an outside dock as I was passing him. They even bombarded us with cream filled cupcakes outside the Philly Terminal, makes a big greasy mess of the windshield. And you want me to join you?
Times changed with UPS and I appreciate the protection the Union offered against The Big Brown Monster.

I certainly didn't mean the Stewards weren't working to the best of their ability, just that collaboration amongst them is difficult. Just to be clear......
Thats not what i meant. I understood what you said.

I worked for a company in a different industry, and we were teamsters but a different local who represented foodservice, and there was a big difference. It was like Management was schooled on what to do, and what not to do. I only remember one management issue and it was taken care of quickly.

I just guessed the difference is it being UPS and not the Local being the issue. I could be wrong.

Wow! Please don't tell me that was said.

I wasn't the only one who heard it. It was standing room only.
Well, that's half of the reason some folks will always say no. Why is it in this great country we have the privilege to live in. When we get behind a good neighbor who is like minded and wants to run for city council and make good changes and who is successful and moves on up the food chain. At some point becomes unrecognizable to all the folks in the neighborhood. When we have a great steward on a job, doesn't let the company get away with ::shit::. The local moves him up to BA. He's never the same guy we had beers with. Watched our kids play together. Reality just disappears. No answers here just questions. Steward that used to watch my kids when I was was playing ball, steals millions and disappears. I wasn't the only suckered. Collapsed one local and it had to be folded into, yep 560.

When the Union said small pak couldn't strike with us we had nothing left in the bag.
The Overnite years were the past, the Union should be working towards the future.
I went through a few of the "organizing" campaigns and they were not fun. Cutting airlines, locking the trailer doors, pulling pins, not the way to get my support. There was little guy out of #107, let's call him Joe, he ran me off the road at least once, verbally threatened me, and once elbowed me off an outside dock as I was passing him. They even bombarded us with cream filled cupcakes outside the Philly Terminal, makes a big greasy mess of the windshield. And you want me to join you?
Times changed with UPS and I appreciate the protection the Union offered against The Big Brown Monster.
I think that's one reason they never organized Overnite.
Some guys acted like kids disrespecting those guys.
101 Truck Stop at Greer S C was a favorite stop for Big O drivers, we had some that would not stop there.
I stopped every time, ate, and joked with those guys, I had some friends that drove for them out of Charl.
It's hard to explain being a dummy hurts more than you realize.

I think that's one reason they never organized Overnite.
Some guys acted like kids disrespecting those guys.
101 Truck Stop at Greer S C was a favorite stop for Big O drivers, we had some that would not stop there.
I stopped every time, ate, and joked with those guys, I had some friends that drove for them out of Charl.
It's hard to explain being a dummy hurts more than you realize.
Never quite got that organizing technique of 560. When Thurston opened in Clifton, carload follow each guy going out the gate and beat the ::shit:: out of the driver. I've taken my share of beatings but not to JOIN. I'm a big proponent of physical interaction myself. But come on, who thinks that's going to work with 200 guys. Oh wait. Yea I think I know.