Yellow | 4 Hour Shifts

Non-union companies do what ever they want as far as dock..use part timers while full timers laid off etc. Wide spread panic is spreading at an alarming rate over the four local cartage man.

1126917_sm.png

The contract says:

it can have no impact on regular full timers

there will be no back to back 4 hr shifts

or four hr over-lapping shifts

this is what stewards and BA's are paid for..contract enforcement..no cheap BS

one might assume that week end dock overtime will vanish with the 7 day work week

and greatly reduced during the week

paha%5B5%5D.jpg

There is noting in the contract that states that a man who used to be full time is now on layoff is now a 4 hr employee with no bennies. The company can layoff anytime they want all they have to do is cry about money and buisness levels and the Union will give them their blessing.

layed off man has to sign up for the 4 hour shift or he gets passed by on the call. then if the get no takers they call back for 8.push comes to shove and it will . they will have the right to hire 4 hour casuals.

layed off man has to sign up for the 4 hour shift or he gets passed by on the call. then if the get no takers they call back for 8.push comes to shove and it will . they will have the right to hire 4 hour casuals.

Guess how many times they will call for an 8 hr shift if they have 4 hours casusals? thats right 0! This is all about eliminating health care costs. It will boil down to if you are full time you have insurance and if your not full time you don't. Im sure they want as many laid off as possible now with this new COO.

French_Homer.gif
in the event that laid off employees do not accept 4 hour work opportunities or no laid off employees are available, The supplement shall apply. Replacement of full time regular employees or an 8 hour vacancy will be filled in accordance with the supplement
images

Who cares? I can see it now

YRC NOW HIRING

- Part Time Casual
-4 hours Garaunteed (if called)
- Don't know if we'll even call you, so sit by the phone and wait
-In the mean time make sure your dues are paid up or we can't call you
-NO benefits and about $12 or so per hour

Good luck with that. I'm sure there will be truck loads of people just begging for that worthless job. LOL. Go ahead and keep worrying about everything that may or may not happen. I think I'll just keep taking my normal calls as usual and not lose sleep over a bunch of what ifs from disgruntled Teamsters. By the way. Have you and your boys got your bus yet to turn in your cards?

French_Homer.gif
in the event that laid off employees do not accept 4 hour work opportunities or no laid off employees are available, The supplement shall apply. Replacement of full time regular employees or an 8 hour vacancy will be filled in accordance with the supplement
images

Yep, but your wasting your time presenting factual info to these folks. All they understand is what ifs, conspiracy bs, and hear say.

Called for 4 hour shift tonight(8-12),after no calls for months,they can stick it.....

According to all the yes men, That think the company follows the contract or won't abuse this.......... Don't you have to sign up for a four hour shift? Did you sign up? I bet no.......

mike they were trying to push for 4 on then 4 off then 4 on again as of yesterday.
hard to believe this kind of crap is exceptable with 160 in lay off

They are using the 4 hr guys 5 hrs. and a half at our barn. None of them have worked 4 straight yet. Thank you Tyson!!!

No one is forcing those guys to come in. They are the one's accepting the calls yet you blame Tyson........typical. Why don't you confront your brothers about it instead of crying on a message board.

Confront them for working 4 hours to put food on thier table? Gimme a break !!! Confront the 60 hr guys and tell them to go home so the jr man can work some. I have been on layoff since 3/09.
Am I supposed to sit at home if they call me so you can get more OT ? I took 1 4hr shift on Teusday, and have turned down the rest of thier calls because it inteferes with my $13 hr job. But, I see I was wrong. I should let the banks take what I have worked hard for so some other SOB can get his 60 and keep living the good life.

When I can't pay my bills, MY FAMILY COMES BEFORE MY UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!!

rv833, I totally agree with you on the overtime issue. My terminal has a huge layoff list and we have selfish workers who manage to work exactly the 60 hour limit every single week. There is no getting through to them... management knows they do it, Teamster brothers know they do it, they just care about themselves...

I almost fell of my chair when i read that rv833. Imagine...all those greedy bastards who have been laid off for so long coming in and taking away from the senior mens 20 hours a week of OT. From what i understand, if you get a 4 hour work call you can leave on your 4 hours if you're working at the terminal and not in the middle of street work. Semidriver are you saying they're being told they can't go home on their 4 or are they just working until they're told they're not needed anymore? As far as bringing down standards by coming in for 4, almost everyone will get a new job before they accept that as their permanent role at YRC. Also, it's totally optional whether or not you accept the call. What pisses me off is there are terminals who aren't even offering the 4 hours to laid off workers. They just keep giving the senior pigs their 20 hours a week OT. YRC goes out of their way to let their employees know what they think of them.

rv833, I totally agree with you on the overtime issue. My terminal has a huge layoff list and we have selfish workers who manage to work exactly the 60 hour limit every single week. There is no getting through to them... management knows they do it, Teamster brothers know they do it, they just care about themselves...

My guess would be the only ones bitching about the guys coming in for 4 hours are the ones loosing ot. I agree on one side about loosing the NMFA wording. On the other side there are alot of guys who have lost their jobs and their families are hurting. If I was in their shoes I would be taking every opportunity to increase my households income.