Yellow | 4 Hour Shifts

he who works 60 hours with a gross of about $1400 a week..take home around $950-$1000 is more like need than greed if one has a mortgage, a child in college and a car payment

in these god awful times​

he who works 60 hours with a gross of about $1400 a week..take home around $950-$1000 is more like need than greed if one has a mortgage, a child in college and a car payment

in these god awful times​

You might be right but some guys are just trying to keep their lights on. So in my opinion the 60 hour guys need to learn to adjust just like the rest of the people have had to do.

Exactly chick! These cuts started 2 years ago. Learn to adjust already. If that's too much for you, which it is for some, then it's greed.

And when no one takes the 4 hour crap the company will get guys off the street wanting a part time job... then what?

Sure. They may try and hire some part-time casuals, but using common sense here....who the hell is going to want a 4 hour job, with NO bennies, no guarantee that they will even be called, at the bottom of the pay scale, and to top it off they must be current on their dues or else they get no call. Sorry, not to worried about them hiring off teh street because we refuse to take the 4 hour call.

Confront them for working 4 hours to put food on thier table? Gimme a break !!! Confront the 60 hr guys and tell them to go home so the jr man can work some. I have been on layoff since 3/09.
Am I supposed to sit at home if they call me so you can get more OT ? I took 1 4hr shift on Teusday, and have turned down the rest of thier calls because it inteferes with my $13 hr job. But, I see I was wrong. I should let the banks take what I have worked hard for so some other SOB can get his 60 and keep living the good life.

When I can't pay my bills, MY FAMILY COMES BEFORE MY UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!!

Save your tears for someone else. Other than the 2 weeks I held a 10% bid after the merger in 09 I've been laid off since 2008. I agree about about the OT wh0res who don't think twice about f'ing a laid off man to get his 6th and 7th punch. F those guys, but don't sit here and tell me "we" have to take a 4 hour call to put food on the table. There are other jobs out there. Are they what we want? Probably not, but they can be a means to an end while we try and endure this sh*t storm.

And if you trully have to take that call to provide for your family then by all means do so, but don't come here and start complaining about it. We all have choices to make and as with you family comes far before the the damn union does. Do what you have to do, but understand what you are doing when you do it.

Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling about this whole situation? Look at the division that these votes, pay concessions, work rule changes and threats of closure have caused amongst us. This has surely become the darkest day for the Teamsters Freight Division.

Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling about this whole situation? Look at the division that these votes, pay concessions, work rule changes and threats of closure have caused amongst us. This has surely become the darkest day for the Teamsters Freight Division.
Sad isn't it? Everyone is at their wits end and totally divided and argumentative. Too bad we couldn't have all stood together a few weeks ago! This Union is so divided now, that I see little hope of recovery to be strong and United again. What the company wants, the company will get. We have just about hit the bottom. Good luck organizing anyone else. Take a look around you when you are at work today.....you're looking at the last generation of Teamsters. Hows that for warm and Fuzzy? Kind of makes me a little sick to my gizzard.:9529: