Yellow | 5 More Drivers laid off at COL!

profjt

TB Lurker
Credits
5 more linehaul drivers received layoff letters today.
(02/10/07) Effective at midnight 02/11/07!

Is it still that slow everywhere else?
:hide:

No sir, NSH is running strong! Had 25 road drivers layed off, recalled 7 of them two weeks ago...Been exhausting the board ever since.:1036316054:

No sir, NSH is running strong! Had 25 road drivers layed off, recalled 7 of them two weeks ago...Been exhausting the board ever since.:1036316054:

okay, but if you're one of those still laid off....it's slow in NSH! It's a shame that they won't even call us who have been laid off since November when there is extra freight. They just don't want to pay for insurance!
.....holding down the fort till they call me back...

Get Local 480 to stop NSH drivers from illegally turning STL....maybe you'll get called back sooner. Call the DOT and tell them how your so-called Brothers are running 61 or 62 through Illinois.....maybe you'll get called back sooner. Give the DOT tractor numbers and ask them to get the computer printout on the tractors used on both legs of this illegal turn......maybe then you'll get called back sooner. Greed is helping the Company keep you laid off.

WOW!! STL....I'm getting called names at my place for cracking down on the illegal trips and crap.....KXV drivers are told by their supervisors to log all waiting time on the top line so they can run 6 a week instead of the 3 and 2. Their trucks are turned up to 70mph too.....when we reverse it, we make it in the old 62 mph trucks. Guys that are laid off should be rioting instead of sitting around letting it go on......

UW,
It's been coming for years but if it keeps up these jobs will just be high paying daycab chickenhauler jobs. I long for the day when some idiot runs over his 11 or 14 and has a wreck and costs Yellow millions of dollars. Maybe, and I emphasize maybe, then the Company will stop this idiocy. The NSH deal is a joke....probably some of the laidoff guys think it's great to do it so they make more money....but what they fail to realize is that the more efficient a group of drivers become, less of the group is needed. There has never been a test run because Yellow doesn't want to know the truth about how you have to speed all the way through Illinois to "make" this illegal turn.

IND, on some of their long, questionable runs, stay on the top line also to make the run. If someone is on the top line they shouldn't be paid for that time, period. It allows them, in many cases, to go over their 70 hours. Slow freight in the winter always gets some drivers laid off, but these unTeamsterlike practices add to the numbers.

i ran that NSH to STL as a turn once and you do have to speed through just to get back in time! Ever since then I don't even ask if there is anything...besides, if i'm laid off and i get a chance to go to STL, I'm taking the lay down since that means 2 runs for that week and my insurance is paid for. I don't know why these guys in NSH run like hell and don't give us laid off guys a break but that's greed for you..besides, i called and one of the dispatchers told me that the company would not allow them to use a bottom percentage of drivers...but I still get calls to work the dock and I'm sure some laid off brother on the dock gets screwed outta work if I have more seniority.

ARTICLE 8, sec 6 (a) Where the Union raises the question as to whether or not certain proposed runs of excessive length can be made, the employer must be prepared to submit objective evidence INCLUDING DOT certification or logs and tapes that such runs have been tested and were made within the DOT hous of service regulations.

Find what change opened the lane, file a grievance under the above article, request copies of the DOT certs, tachs and the logs of the men who ran it. I think you'll find that the time punches on the paysheets don't match and any hold time is on the top line. Once you've established that, it's pretty clear that these men are being forced to break the law and the company must cease running the lane.(at least turning it) There is a certain driver out of RLE that likes to come to LCP through EDS, 617 miles up the 95 corridor.(PUHLEEEEEASE) Got it stopped for now.

The best way that I found to work for me is to go to the bottom line when I report for duty and punch in,go to the top line when I take an authorized break and log everything else on line 2 and 3.I always show at least 15 minutes for a pre trip and the same for a post trip,since a Michigan D.O.T. cop wrote me up for not showing it on my log. I recently got a warning letter for going over 70 for logging one of these post trip inspections as required by 395.8 of theBMCS regulations,and I might add that I did not violate the law ,as the rules pertain to DRIVING,not working.So I grieved the letter and was told that it will not be heard because I did not get time off.So now the company as far as I am concerned just shot themselves in the foot,because when I'm running that close on hrs. I'm going to bed and I don't care if I'm 15 minutes from the terminal and LINEHAUL LARRY can pay for the motel and it will not be cheap.
I can't understand why guys put themselves in situations to get themselves fired to make illegal runs when the company takes positions like this,It just ain't worth it.I just ran a run ,that was tested 2 times and found makable Waterville Me,to Buffalo,N.Y. it pays 650 mi. It's not,but anyway,they dispatched me with emptys to Buf. The run ,when tested took 11 hrs. Buf rules are to call when dispatched with emptys,since the run could not be made with a via I did not call in and came home,it's that simple,however we have "Brother Teamsters" that would call in and do a via to Albany, syracuse and even Rochester,Maybe they think that will make them "DRIVER of the year" or Get their name in the company paper,and that does not impress me one bit.

Obviously not. Here at good old LCP, we have people on layoff yet work overtime, 6 punchers, and casuals almost every day of the week. Yet the company will not recall the layoffs. Whats up with this? "Oh...well...umm Kansas City said I can't recall them." R-S:1036316054:

Casuals? They can't work casuals if guys are on layoff!
Serta,
I thought the same thing....then I figured he must mean that all are working plus casuals. So being laid off or not really doesn't matter if they're working. But there's always a numbers game being played......especially in the slow season.

isolated incident

Casuals? They can't work casuals if guys are on layoff!

If laid off guyz don't take the call and indicated they don't want to be called back until a certain time yeah they can work the casuals. End of the week the steward pulls the timecards and check out how much time they are getting for the week to justify a recall.

The roadies if they book off then a city guy can hold down that road bid to protect our work till the roadie returns. had a case where a roadie had booked off and they ran a casual in his place cause there was no one avail to run the time critical load. Company won the decision cause they couldn't hold the freight and the break on the other end board was exhausted at the time.

Obviously not. Here at good old LCP, we have people on layoff yet work overtime, 6 punchers, and casuals almost every day of the week. Yet the company will not recall the layoffs. Whats up with this? "Oh...well...umm Kansas City said I can't recall them." R-S:1036316054:

I have spoken to some people and they told me that they were called back to work today. In addition, I am not certain on the numbers and/or any other details here at this time. :console:

~ Every man must sail his own vessel ~

5 more linehaul drivers received layoff letters today.
(02/10/07) Effective at midnight 02/11/07!

Is it still that slow everywhere else?
:hide:

Yep if they could get 10 more drivers at the top of the board to run 90 hours they could lay off ten more drivers.

I have no idea bout the Indy Road, but we STILL haven't laid anyone off on the city/dock side here in the last 2,...probably more like close to three years.....

ARTICLE 8, sec 6 (a) Where the Union raises the question as to whether or not certain proposed runs of excessive length can be made, the employer must be prepared to submit objective evidence INCLUDING DOT certification or logs and tapes that such runs have been tested and were made within the DOT hous of service regulations.

Find what change opened the lane, file a grievance under the above article, request copies of the DOT certs, tachs and the logs of the men who ran it. I think you'll find that the time punches on the paysheets don't match and any hold time is on the top line. Once you've established that, it's pretty clear that these men are being forced to break the law and the company must cease running the lane.(at least turning it) There is a certain driver out of RLE that likes to come to LCP through EDS, 617 miles up the 95 corridor.(PUHLEEEEEASE) Got it stopped for now.

WHY has not ANY driver in NSH filed on this crap yet?.....KK

IND, on some of their long, questionable runs, stay on the top line also to make the run. If someone is on the top line they shouldn't be paid for that time, period. It allows them, in many cases, to go over their 70 hours. Slow freight in the winter always gets some drivers laid off, but these unTeamsterlike practices add to the numbers.
stldude,what long run are you talking about...if its STP your talking about? that run has been tested and was made within the DOT hours of service. I have know idea what you guys are talking about far as top line goes..14 hrs is 14 hrs no matter what line your on! If I am held up because of hooker or breakdown..its very simple...when my time is running dry,I call the 1-800 number on the back of my hotel card and tell them where I will be and that I need a hotel that has truck parking and will except my card...they will help me...not a problem!

stldude,what long run are you talking about...if its STP your talking about? that run has been tested and was made within the DOT hours of service. I have know idea what you guys are talking about far as top line goes..14 hrs is 14 hrs no matter what line your on! If I am held up because of hooker or breakdown..its very simple...when my time is running dry,I call the 1-800 number on the back of my hotel card and tell them where I will be and that I need a hotel that has truck parking and will except my card...they will help me...not a problem!
hey texasflood i see u decided to post on the crybabyboards again!!!!!:hide: :Violin: :17: