Yellow | 5 More Drivers laid off at COL!

stldude,what long run are you talking about...if its STP your talking about? that run has been tested and was made within the DOT hours of service. I have know idea what you guys are talking about far as top line goes..14 hrs is 14 hrs no matter what line your on! If I am held up because of hooker or breakdown..its very simple...when my time is running dry,I call the 1-800 number on the back of my hotel card and tell them where I will be and that I need a hotel that has truck parking and will except my card...they will help me...not a problem!
I've seen IND drivers in TUL that don't hit the clock when arriving at the terminal , then after 3 hours or more waiting for a hook , go inspect their truck, then come back in and hit the clock. That in effect gives them 17 hours on duty. I've seen them go from SGE-BAX-IND ,no doubt a 12 hour run, by law if you run the speed limit.

I've seen IND drivers in TUL that don't hit the clock when arriving at the terminal , then after 3 hours or more waiting for a hook , go inspect their truck, then come back in and hit the clock. That in effect gives them 17 hours on duty. I've seen them go from SGE-BAX-IND ,no doubt a 12 hour run, by law if you run the speed limit.
AM I to assume from your post(which I think is B.S.)that STL drivers do nothing illegal?come on back to the real world!!!!

Doodlebug,
Not to stir the pot here but Roadhazard's post isn't BS. He didn't say that all IND guys do this but it definitely happens. Do you remember when Bumper Thumper ran from LIR to SPG to IND? I guess he had a good truck. I remember something about it being his last run that week and he wasn't gonna go to bed. How about that IND-STP run? I've had a few IND guys tell me that they run all the way to Iowa City and up that way. 11 hours? Driving 55 in Illinois? I don't think so. Greed is slowly ruining these jobs.

I forgot to mention that yes, we do have some so-called Teamsters in STL too......just not nearly as many as the the other terminals around us have.

AM I to assume from your post(which I think is B.S.)that STL drivers do nothing illegal?come on back to the real world!!!!

Yes we have guys that do stuff like that in STL. Believe me, it's not B.S. I saw 3 IND drivers do that at TUL at the same time, and I've probably seen at least 10 do the SGE-BAX-IND run.

I've seen IND drivers in TUL that don't hit the clock when arriving at the terminal , then after 3 hours or more waiting for a hook
why didn't you say something??? I think your stretching the truth some here just to make your argument...I have never and I REPEAT never waited three hours on a hook there!!!!!! pretty much when they call,its close to being ready.. Come on roadhazard,give us break would ya,I was born at night but was not born last night!!

I saw 3 IND drivers do that at TUL at the same time, and I've probably seen at least 10 do the SGE-BAX-IND run.
come on give me a break..your lies are used to mislead the matter...:toxic: you need to police your backyard...your making statements out of Ignorance...because you don't know if any of those men made it to IND,your assuming,so your statements are misleading!!!!

texasflood, Feel free to argue the subject all you want but please don't make it personal.

Thanks
High cfer,
it just made me mad when they over stated the number of drivers, may be one or two that were pushing the boundaries but not as many as they state...those one or two that was,was being watched by our stewards! and were dealt with!! most of what they are talking about happened 3yrs ago...

magnifying the matter is what made me mad...if you live in a glass house dont throw stones!

it already has...what about stl->mem turn and that was when it was 10hrs of driving...10-4 come on back
I was very vocal in my opposition of this run......the same goes for the STL-CED turn. Those of us who got totally disgusted with what was going on voted the old Steward out who campaigned for these runs in the name of 'more work'.

It was great when the old timers were still here. They understood what Brotherhood meant. Alot of guys today only understand what a few more dollars in their pocket at the expense of work rules and conditions mean. The only time they even think about being Union is when they get into trouble.

The way it works at CGB is this. Dispatch sends you on a run that really pushes it. You don't make it and go to bed, then you get stuck running CVE or COL for awhile as punishment. Meanwhile the big money runs go out a half hour after you to a junior guy.

I'd much rather go to CVE and COL with my pride intact than to cower down to them in the name of money. We have guys who are afraid to file on things for fear that they'll get stuck on CGB or SGE. I tell them that if they let Yellow get away with screwing them that they're painting a target on themselves for life. Once the Company knows they won't stick up for themselves they'll continue to get screwed for their entire career. The punishment you describe won't last forever.

come on give me a break..your lies are used to mislead the matter...:toxic: you need to police your backyard...your making statements out of Ignorance...because you don't know if any of those men made it to IND,your assuming,so your statements are misleading!!!!

Did I get to see the IND inbound to see if they made the run, no , but , when all 4 of us were on layover pay already and I hit the clock ,so now I'm making double pay (layover/wait for hook) I thought it was kinda strange that they don't want to get paid twice as much to wait for a hook. It doesn't take long to figure out that someone not collecting 2 times the pay is doing it to save hours to make it home. What other reason could there be? Who would I say something to? Your steward? He wanted IND drivers to run all the way to WIK(Wichita) when the 11 hour rule happened.(683 miles) I don't need to lie or stretch the truth, you know it's the truth, you just don't want to hear it. I also hate hearing it about STL drivers, but it's the truth, some guys only care about how much they can take, never about what they can leave for guys at the bottom.

Who would I say something to? Your steward? He wanted IND drivers to run all the way to WIK(Wichita) when the 11 hour rule happened.(683 miles)
Our steward wanted us to run to Denver when the 11hr rule happened but we stuck to our guns and drew the line at Tulsa.

I'd much rather go to CVE and COL with my pride intact than to cower down to them in the name of money. We have guys who are afraid to file on things for fear that they'll get stuck on CGB or SGE. I tell them that if they let Yellow get away with screwing them that they're painting a target on themselves for life. Once the Company knows they won't stick up for themselves they'll continue to get screwed for their entire career. The punishment you describe won't last forever.
I agree, the sad part is most guys don't. I ran out of hours a couple times going to MEM and NSH, after sitting at CGN for 4-5 hours waiting on a hook in December and haven't been back there since. That suits me just fine as I prefer to stay north of the Mason-Dixon Cause the hotels are alot nicer at most Northern terminals and I hate the South. Once I get enough time in to pull triples I plan to stay on a CVE bid until I can hold STP.

FTAF,
I can't imagine them holding it against you when they held you and knew you couldn't make it....but I don't doubt it. I agree about the motels too. MEM and NSH are both terrible motels.

Well the problem is we dont have run times. So you got the yes guys, who will run it straight though with out taking their breaks. Then it happens once and they expect it from everyone. I refuse to run through my breaks.

CGB has been that way forever. I just don't know how guys can go through their career thinking that stopping for lunch and coffee breaks is a bad thing.