FedEx Freight | 62 mph max

I spoke to my 2nd shift shop leader tonight before my run and he confirmed that the company is testing a new program in 150 tractors . They are in the new “GPS tractors” . They will use GPS to climb hills better but only have a flat wheel speed of 62 mph. It’s a horsepower bump but less wheel speed. I guess we’ll see what happens. And no DOTFXF I’m not trying to spread nonsense just making conversation about our company. I thought that’s what a forum is all about. Next time I’ll ask your permission

I spoke to my 2nd shift shop leader tonight before my run and he confirmed that the company is testing a new program in 150 tractors . They are in the new “GPS tractors” . They will use GPS to climb hills better but only have a flat wheel speed of 62 mph. It’s a horsepower bump but less wheel speed. I guess we’ll see what happens. And no DOTFXF I’m not trying to spread nonsense just making conversation about our company. I thought that’s what a forum is all about. Next time I’ll ask your permission
All of the tractors have GPS already. If what you were told then they would modify every single tractor. WTF is a "GPS TRACTOR"?

Yep going to have the trucks run 72 going give us a 5cent on the mile, 5 dollars on the hour rise , o and 6weeks of vacation and at the end of your trip there will be ice cream waiting for you and the dream keeps getting better
I sure as hell hope they are.......

Dream Sickles or I'm not going to run .​

I think this became standard on all PACCAR trucks in 2018.

I “predict” an even more frustrating driving experience!

Imagine a heavily loaded truck catching you on a gradual ascent that he approaches at 70mph, gets out to pass (and does) mostly because we’re slow and derated.

Moments later, we get to a big climb that boosts HP and we fly by the truck that just passed us.

I guess these are frustrations that only road drivers understand, but that’s why we get paid so much, right???

Last edited:
From a nearly 4 year old article on fleetline: "
Finally, Cummins is rolling out a new “predictive cruise control” feature for its new engines that will be able to “look ahead” up to two miles down the road so the engine and transmission can “plan” together better in order to maximize fuel economy.

That cruise control feature will be added to Cummins’ existing ADEPT offerings SmartTorque2 and SmartCoast. Those two functions alone can help a truck in highway operation achieve up to a 3% increase in fuel economy, noted Cummins engineer Dan Dempsey. Combined with predictive cruise, that ADEPT suite can offer the potential for up to a 6% gain in fuel economy, he said.

Dempsey that an aftermarket “package” offering all three of those electronic features will be made available in the fourth quarter of this year, which will allow truck owners with older Cummins engines to add those electronic features to their units."

LMAO , we got a guy that takes the long way in through the city so it takes a extra 20-30 minuets the dumb TM just looks the other way . I don't think he ever drove his city unit over 52 mph .