Yellow | 705 Shuttle Drivers

safetyjj

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems like the Company is really putting the screws to 705 lately. I heard that they are laying off shuttle drivers. Anybody know any particulars?

28 laid off, us turn wheel drivers are doing alot of there work and I hate it!!! Both 705 and 710 BAs are being around at the Heights. Expect a long drawn out greivence.

28 laid off, us turn wheel drivers are doing alot of there work and I hate it!!! Both 705 and 710 BAs are being around at the Heights. Expect a long drawn out greivence.
Make a copy of your paperwork and give it to the shuttle drivers, so they can file on it.

YRC has already given them all the needed information and are following their interpretation of the last give back. Us turn drivers are burning up all our hours between the rail yards and doing drop and hooks for our selfs. Nothing like a guy sitting in a yard truck watching me do his job and taking twice as long as he does. Some terminals have already figured out to let the best person do the job and the company is better off.

YRC has already given them all the needed information and are following their interpretation of the last give back. Us turn drivers are burning up all our hours between the rail yards and doing drop and hooks for our selfs. Nothing like a guy sitting in a yard truck watching me do his job and taking twice as long as he does. Some terminals have already figured out to let the best person do the job and the company is better off.
See, this is where a union Brother comes in. I said, make a copy of your paperwork, even your logbook info if necessary, to make sure the 705 union steward has the correct information. Because, the company may not show them the correct information from the computer. Yes, even the YRC computer information can be falsified.

If you have been with this company any time at all,then what do you do when you go into a closed terminal?They still do pay you for d/h time?Correct?The places I have been this week,I can usually drop,and spot my trls.,and hook,usually a pre-hooked set,and be gone in a half hour,or less.Not hurting my hours any.In the past,at some terminals it takes close to a half hour just for 1 of their people to just switch my tractor from one trl to another.

If you have been with this company any time at all,then what do you do when you go into a closed terminal?They still do pay you for d/h time?Correct?The places I have been this week,I can usually drop,and spot my trls.,and hook,usually a pre-hooked set,and be gone in a half hour,or less.Not hurting my hours any.In the past,at some terminals it takes close to a half hour just for 1 of their people to just switch my tractor from one trl to another.
Yeah, and if their was a spotter on duty, but the dispatcher from a foreign terminal asked the driver to perform the drop and hook, the driver would get paid all time spent x 3. Triple time. I remember those good old days, but everyone gave that back to the company, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Road drivers are paid by the mile, we do not want to be stuck in Chicago traffic. I don't want to see anymore people laid off.

Road drivers are paid by the mile, we do not want to be stuck in Chicago traffic. I don't want to see anymore people laid off.
Well, then become a Teamster and start taking notes from the former Yellow drivers. Should have thought about that before voting Yes. Remember, YRC, Yes We Can. :LMAO:

Sounds like some people are happy to take the work from 705, that's a shame.

Why don't you ponder this. Do you think it is cost effective to have a road driver regardless of domicile drop a load at a railyard and bobtail to 309, when there is a load at that railyard? And while that same road driver is bobtailing to 309 a 705 shuttle driver is bobtailing from 309 to that same rail yard. Times aren't as good as they used to be and squeezing as much waste out of the system is the point of the concessions. It is a sad reality that the days of deduntant work are over, paying two people to do one job is not going to help YRC survive.

Yeah, and if their was a spotter on duty, but the dispatcher from a foreign terminal asked the driver to perform the drop and hook, the driver would get paid all time spent x 3. Triple time. I remember those good old days, but everyone gave that back to the company, as well.

What does that have to do with burning up hours?I have said this before,please someone tell me how we compete with these types of work rules,in an environment of 90 percent non-union,to 10 percent union.Maybe look on you tube?

Any company ( union or non=union ) business, military, goverment or anything. You do your job and I will do mine. This is how things work best.

Then would you agree that doing your own hooks,whether at terminals,or rail yards,may in the end make this company more competitive,and hopefully keep people employed?

Then would you agree that doing your own hooks,whether at terminals,or rail yards,may in the end make this company more competitive,and hopefully keep people employed?
I really doubt that savings will keep tires on YRC trucks. But your TM has a woody right now.

Wolf, he the type of person who makes a copy to show his boss at work to get browny points.

When I drive that truck 8-11 hours up and down the road, I am doing what our customers are paying us to do. Move their freight from point A to point B. In Milwaukee, I use to get no clock time, I stayed busy and the yard people stayed busy. Maximize us employees, doing what we do best. When Yellow and Roadway were well structured companys, THEY MADE GOOD PROFITS!!!