FedEx Freight | A Comedy of Errors at FDF

Come on guys, it's 2024, get it right for crying out loud. Ravine is off I81 in PA, Raphine is in VA where the former White's Truck Stop is located. Geez!! :hysterical: :hilarious:
I've never heard of ravine except from a FedX package handler, I think you are making this up.
I'll ask Big Dave!
I've used White's 800 line a few times myself.
Wake Up Coffee GIF by Good Morning GIFs

Which one is prettier??….
The waitresses, or the parking lot?????

When I’d go to White’s (in the late 1970s), there were times I had to wait for the 6 sets of Roadway pups, and the 8 sets of OverNite pups to leave (they always traveled en masse) to find a spot to park. Normally some Mason-Dixon handshakers there too. I believe Yellow made it a relay lot in the early 2000s.

When I’d go to White’s (in the late 1970s), there were times I had to wait for the 6 sets of Roadway pups, and the 8 sets of OverNite pups to leave (they always traveled en masse) to find a spot to park. Normally some Mason-Dixon handshakers there too. I believe Yellow made it a relay lot in the early 2000s.
Yes, jimmy g. That was a relay point from Atlanta, GA to Hartford, CT. Drivers would go to the local motel there, report back on their 8 and head home..You have to say, back in their “prime”, Yellow was moving the freight….

Yes, jimmy g. That was a relay point from Atlanta, GA to Hartford, CT. Drivers would go to the local motel there, report back on their 8 and head home..You have to say, back in their “prime”, Yellow was moving the freight….
Raphine was a great relay location, beautiful paved yard/lot off behind White's and a nice laydown run from Maybrook. Some of us turned Charlotte one time after our rest there and I also loved running to/from Buffalo from Raphine, two lane roads (219) in NY and PA and in West Va (522), a real adventure. :smile new:

Funny (now) story about White's. In 1971, I had just started out on what was to be a 2-1/2 month motorcycle ride around the US. I had planned to meet up with a buddy at White's and we would ride together for a few days. Anyway, after meeting up there and having a meal we camped out at Roanoke Mountain Campground. During the night I woke to my buddy screaming. As I woke from a deep sleep, all I could think at that moment was the scene in Easy Rider the movie where a bunch of guys beat up on Billy, Wyatt, and George as they slept in the woods. As I looked over to my buddy I realized there was no one around and after a few moments my buddy started laughing when he realized he was just having a nightmare. With my heart practicality beating out of my chest after I was thinking that we were being attacked I almost wanted to do that very thing to my buddy for having scared the crap out of me. :smile new:

Last edited:
nRaphine was a great relay location, beautiful paved yard/lot off behind White's and a nice laydown run from Maybrook. Some of us turned Charlotte one time after our rest there and I also loved running to/from Buffalo from Raphine, two lane roads (219) in NY and PA and in West Va (522), a real adventure. :smile new:
My days of running Raphine were long before Yellow had a relay there.
Hagerstown guys had the bids to Char in those days.