ABF | ABF and the Teamsters agree to a "voluntary" 70hr/8 day

It's by design...anyone who doesn't think that by next summer city guys will be working 65 to 70 hours is nuts...
In camp hill they already are, we were told the only thing that's voluntary is the 34 hour reset, the 70 hours a week is not.
If they aren't full they are getting sent to pick up more freight and being brought back to punch out at the end of their 14.

In camp hill they already are, we were told the only thing that's voluntary is the 34 hour reset, the 70 hours a week is not.
If they aren't full they are getting sent to pick up more freight and being brought back to punch out at the end of their 14.
If that's the case the camp hill guys have to email the Eastern Region Freight Director, he is the President of 776 (I would think that is the local for camp hill) and tell him this...there is an email link right on the teamsters web page which is what I would use, or go to 776 website....i would use the national website as i know you will get an answer that way....he assured me this won't happen......there needs to be pressure applied on our leadership....we need to let them know how we feel...there is a way to email right there....

If that's the case the camp hill guys have to email the Eastern Region Freight Director, he is the President of 776 (I would think that is the local for camp hill) and tell him this...there is an email link right on the teamsters web page which is what I would use, or go to 776 website....i would use the national website as i know you will get an answer that way....he assured me this won't happen......there needs to be pressure applied on our leadership....we need to let them know how we feel...there is a way to email right there....

The only tool available to apply pressure to your union is the Righr to Work law.

Update on the 34 hour restart on the road board at 070 . As y'all know it was voted down , the decision came down last week to do away with the 34 hour restart and put all road drivers on the 70/8 day set up. I know this might sound insignificant to some since we were given the choice to do ether or. But with this small victory l think there will be alot of gains for us in the future . Thanks for all of the support brothers and sisters .