ABF | ABF and the Teamsters agree to a "voluntary" 70hr/8 day

Update on the 34 hour restart for the 070 road board. 67 were against it , 14 were for it and 15 were challenge votes if it was close. The local is forwarding this info to the teamsters national freight director to see where it goes from here. I will post any new information as we find out.
Update.....I was asked today at my barn (by my supervisor) if I wanted a 60 or 70 hour log, so maybe they will fix the ELDs to reflect driver wishes....

Update.....I was asked today at my barn (by my supervisor) if I wanted a 60 or 70 hour log, so maybe they will fix the ELDs to reflect driver wishes....
Take it for what it’s worth, but I was told today by a buddy of mine out of 042, that eventually the ELD’s will offer the option of a 34hr restart or not. He was told this by a supervisor.

Update on the 34 hour restart for the 070 road board. 67 were against it , 14 were for it and 15 were challenge votes if it was close. The local is forwarding this info to the teamsters national freight director to see where it goes from here. I will post any new information as we find out.
Just wondering, what does the vote do since the company already said it was optional?

Just wondering, what does the vote do since the company already said it was optional?
Not to speak for the original poster, but in my area they aren't acting like its optional....I got an email from our safety man stating it is the companies decision on if we run 60 or 70 hour log (despite there being an agreement) and they are doing resets right now that I don't authorize, despite me telling them I don't....I don't trust them, because optional today is easily mandatory tomorrow if you don't complain now...

Not to speak for the original poster, but in my area they aren't acting like its optional....I got an email from our safety man stating it is the companies decision on if we run 60 or 70 hour log (despite there being an agreement) and they are doing resets right now that I don't authorize, despite me telling them I don't....I don't trust them, because optional today is easily mandatory tomorrow if you don't complain now...
Your right on the money Brother 381.

Glad you guys are getting some results.
As far as the 70 hr 8 day I believe DOT regulations require that if company has 7 day operations. You could still hold them to 60 hours on a 70 hour RODS.

Glad you guys are getting some results.
As far as the 70 hr 8 day I believe DOT regulations require that if company has 7 day operations. You could still hold them to 60 hours on a 70 hour RODS.
Not from what I have read....the company has the option to go to a 70 hour log if they operate 7 days a week....or they can use the 60 hour log....if you only operate 6 days or less you must use the 60.....those are the rules per DOT...ABF has an agreement with the Teamsters that nothing would change you could stay on the 60 and the restart is the driver's option (which is the law) and they are not honoring the agreement and with the help of Samsara they are violating federal law by taking the reset out of the drivers hands.....here is an excerpt from the FMCSA website....

Guidance: If a motor carrier operates 7 days per week and chooses to require all of its drivers to comply with the 70-hour/8-day rule, the 60-hour/7-day rule would not be applicable to these drivers. If this carrier chooses to assign some or all of its drivers to the 60-hour/7-day rule, the 70-hour rule would not be applicable to these drivers. Conversely, if a motor carrier does not operate 7 days per week, it must operate under the 60-hour/7-day rule and the 70-hour rule would not apply to its operations.

One of the many reasons we're trying to eliminate this on the 070 road board is to give the drivers on the bottom of the seniority roster the same opportunity we had when we where climbing the roster. The ability to work and not have another reason to be starved out when it gets slow. Hope this info helps for anyone wishing to do the same
That’s great some one is looking out for the junior men, so when will the vote be to abolish the “hog board” and go to a “wheel”?

That’s great some one is looking out for the junior men, so when will the vote be to abolish the “hog board” and go to a “wheel”?
I don't think that would ever happen Brother Nightowl. Lol. But if they decided to put up to a vote I'm sure it would fail like the 34 hour restart did. I think even the junior drivers like working under a seniority board because they know that they won't always be on the bottom and it will get better with time. What I posted was just one of the many reasons, Brother 381 made an excellent point on this issue about the 34 hour

I can't envision a scenario where I'd ever have opted in. Lol they asked enough of me without even more flexibility to control my life.
Me either.....that is why I'm going to keep complaining till they change my log to a 60 hour log....they will use it to bully other drivers into "volunteering" for more hours if we don't keep complaining...